PFW "whispers"- Ricky appeal likely to be upheld | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW "whispers"- Ricky appeal likely to be upheld

Golphindolphin

town drunk
Club Member
Reaction score
Not sure where they heard this "whisper" or if it has any truth to it, but here ya' go-

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2006/whispers2101.htm

"Why did the news that RB Ricky Williams had reportedly failed a drug test emanate from Denver? We hear it’s because the Broncos had requested information on Williams’ status in the NFL’s substance-abuse program from the league as a prelude to a trade with the Dolphins. Word is Williams’ appeal will be upheld since the substance he tested positive for was an herb, not a drug. However, the Dolphins are ticked off since the suspension scare likely lowers Williams’ trade value."

Sofa_King_Drunk said:
Not sure where they heard this "whisper" or if it has any truth to it, but here ya' go-

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2006/whispers2101.htm

"Why did the news that RB Ricky Williams had reportedly failed a drug test emanate from Denver? We hear it’s because the Broncos had requested information on Williams’ status in the NFL’s substance-abuse program from the league as a prelude to a trade with the Dolphins. Word is Williams’ appeal will be upheld since the substance he tested positive for was an herb, not a drug. However, the Dolphins are ticked off since the suspension scare likely lowers Williams’ trade value."
Good stuff PFW is much more credible than PFT.

Sofa_King_Drunk said:
Word is Williams’ appeal will be upheld since the substance he tested positive for was an herb, not a drug.

Well, some people would argue that marijuana is an herb, not a drug.

:D

Assuming Ricky is able to play, I still don't think the Dolphins will get greater value in return for him, than having him on the team.

hopefully its upheld and ricky is a fin in 06. he's much too valuable for his pricetag to attempt trading him. Saban should offer a ridiculous trade if someone wants him. desperate teams will give it up if they want a contract that low and a player that good. if not we'll keep him. glad to hear first reports saying appeal will be upheld

Sofa_King_Drunk said:

I hope this is true. I welcome this as great news. Does any poster on this board not find this too be good news?

I bet Mike O does.

poppy said:
I hope this is true. I welcome this as great news. Does any poster on this board not find this too be good news?

I bet Mike O does.

I bet even Mike would want this to be true from a trade perspective. It would be better to get something for Ricky than nothing at all.

Sofa_King_Drunk said:

A lot of people need to get ready to eat crow.

how do they know? I'll beleive it when I see it, players almost never win appeals

I thought they wont rule until april? seems kinda early for a rumor if thats the case.

canesfins13 said:
It doesnt likely lower his trade value, it absolutely lowers his trade value.

I don't know about that. It depends on how bad someone like Denver wants him. If the appeal is upheld, and Denver's convinced it was just a mix-up, then they give us what Saban wants or Nick keeps him.

I think there is enough good word out around the NFL concerning Ricky's lifestyle change that a false positive might not scare some teams.

Sofa_King_Drunk said:

Coming from PFW, I find this to be pretty credible. Now's let's cross our fingers and hope this is accurate and our boy is back for 06..

Back
Top Bottom