PFW "whispers"- Ricky appeal likely to be upheld | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW "whispers"- Ricky appeal likely to be upheld

Jersey54 said:
A lot of people need to get ready to eat crow.

Yes. The Rush to judgement crowd may want to get their crow bibs on.

That includes media idiots like Kim Bokamper, Jay Glazer, and Jim Rome.

nick1 said:
how do they know? I'll beleive it when I see it, players almost never win appeals
"almost never" means there's a chance. But what matters is the particulars of the case, whether the facts favor RW or not, not what percentage of cases get overturned. And since none of know the particulars of the case, all we have is speculation.

Furthermore, the title of the thread should be that PFW "whispers" that Ricky's likely(?) suspension will probabaly be overturned. The league hasn't held an appeal hearing yet, so it can't be upheld or overturned until after it does. Yeah, I know I may be picking at nits here, but it would make the title a bit more accurate.

poppy said:

Goodie gumdrops. And all the anti-drug loonies that sounded like a TRUTH commercial. Those people annoy me. Weed makes you crazy man! Throwing his life down the drain like that!!:goof:

canesfins13 said:
It doesnt likely lower his trade value, it absolutely lowers his trade value.
Or ... if this is found to be true, does it more strongly clarify the point that Ricky is clean and is truly intent on staying clean?

poppy said:

More likely, they'll put their reputations in the washing machine and set it to the SPIN cycle. I wouldn't be surprised to hear more than one "Oh, I wasn't really judging him, I was only passing on the reports that I heard." I hope someone's saved their words for the record to avoid any attempts as such revisionist history.

EBMisfit said:
More likely, their put their reputations in the washing machine in set to the SPIN cycle. I wouldn't be surprised to hear more than one "Oh, I wasn't really judging him, I was only passing on the reports that I heard." I hope someone's saved their words for the record to avoid any attempts as such revisionist history.

Add Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel to that list. As a poster noted above, I don't care whether it lowers RW's trade value or not. I want this guy to be a phin and think his presence is vital to a deep playoff run.

DolphinzD said:
Well, some people would argue that marijuana is an herb, not a drug.

:D

Assuming Ricky is able to play, I still don't think the Dolphins will get greater value in return for him, than having him on the team.
:wink:

phinman1 said:
Add Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel to that list. As a poster noted above, I don't care whether it lowers RW's trade value or not. I want this guy to be a phin and think his presence is vital to a deep playoff run.

I agree. Can you imagine a relatively fresh R&R peaking in time for the playoffs? I'm sorry, but I don't understand the clamor to trade him (unless it is a 1st rounder or high second). How would we be better with just Ronnie potentially physically spent by the time Playoffs roled around?

His presence is indeed vital to a deep playoff run if we make it next year.

Personally, I don't believe Saban was EVER interested in trading Ricky. I doubt the Broncos would have even bothered to offer anything that would have made Saban interested, unless of course it was one of their first rounders.
Anyway, if he truly will be able to play next year, I'm very happy to have Ricky back with the 'Phins as I believe Ronnie starting & Ricky finishing will be too much for many teams to handle.

Good to hear that it was only an herb. That makes sense since Ricky is into the holistic healing circle.

EBMisfit said:
"Furthermore, the title of the thread should be that PFW "whispers" that Ricky's likely(?) suspension will probabaly be overturned. The league hasn't held an appeal hearing yet, so it can't be upheld or overturned until after it does. Yeah, I know I may be picking at nits here, but it would make the title a bit more accurate.

You, sir, are a certified nit-picker. :D Straight from the article - "Word is Williams’ appeal will be upheld"
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2006/whispers2101.htm

Sofa_King_Drunk said:
Not sure where they heard this "whisper" or if it has any truth to it, but here ya' go-

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2006/whispers2101.htm

"Why did the news that RB Ricky Williams had reportedly failed a drug test emanate from Denver? We hear it’s because the Broncos had requested information on Williams’ status in the NFL’s substance-abuse program from the league as a prelude to a trade with the Dolphins. Word is Williams’ appeal will be upheld since the substance he tested positive for was an herb, not a drug. However, the Dolphins are ticked off since the suspension scare likely lowers Williams’ trade value."
If true (although extremely premature) thats great news.

Back
Top Bottom