PFW "whispers"- Ricky appeal likely to be upheld | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW "whispers"- Ricky appeal likely to be upheld

canesfins13 said:
No matter how far it is lowered though we need to trade Ricky. He is a huge risk still and we need other talent.

Risk ?? Please explain .....

canesfins13 said:
No matter how far it is lowered though we need to trade Ricky. He is a huge risk still and we need other talent.

I don't see how Ricky is a risk anymore. Does'nt anyone believe that someone can change?? I know that Saban said at his combine interview that Ricky is a great team guy and One of his top 5 that he has ever coached attitude wise. I truly believe that he has matured and on the straight and narrow and I would like to see him retire a fin.

Everyone always talks about picking up this Free Agent and that Free Agent, but when it comes to Ricky (one of our best players) we are ready to throw him to the sharks and give him up.

Just wondering if anyone has thought of this...

I am wondering if Ricky had any idea (if its true) that Saban and the Fins were looking at moving him to another team. Lets say his appeal is upheld and he is playing for us next year. Do you think this will affect Ricky in anyway, seeing how the team is basically saying that don't want him anymore (again if the trade rumors are true)? I have read the Ricky was really enjoying playing for the Dolphins and that he wanted to play for them, what will this do to his already shakey physique?

keep ricky!

run ricky and ronnie run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and in the future, never trade with ****ing broncos every again.

tay0365 said:
Wish you were right CK, but all this did is remind everyone of what Ricky did 2 years ago, what the risk will be if anyone were to take Ricky, and it has now left a bad taste in their mouth.

Not only do I think his value has fallen dramatically because of this, but I think it may have now scared off any team that might have thought about trading for Ricky.

If it is proven that this rumor came out of Denver, the NFL should take away one of the Broncos Draft picks, and give it to Miami as a penalty, I am for that happening.:D

Tay...it conjured up mega reponses from the locals and Finheaven devotees, but nationally, it wasn't as big a deal as it could have been. Probably because as soon as the story broke, there were questions raised as to what he tested positive for, etc...But I agree that someone in the Denver organization (more than likely the source of the leak) needs to be in the unemployment line...

At a minimum - I think there should be a penalty that goes something like this. If the Dolphins trade Ricky for a pick - whatever round that pick is, Denver should have to forfeit a pick of one round higher value to the Dolphins for intentionally sabotaging a trade and violating league rules in the process.

I hope this is true, however I sure hope that if it is true, we keep him, I mean why give up our best RB.
LSU RB Addai(spelling?) ran the fastest RB t ime at combine as of yesterday. Keep an eye on this scatback in later rounds if we trade Ricky, Saban may bite. we can not go far on ROnnie Brown Alone

DolphinzD said:
Assuming Ricky is able to play, I still don't think the Dolphins will get greater value in return for him, than having him on the team.

Exactly! We will get the most out of Ricky in OUR backfield.

canesfins13 said:
It doesnt likely lower his trade value, it absolutely lowers his trade value.

How can you possibly know that?

It hurts his trade timeline, but not neccesarily his value. The timeline is the worst part.

Any GM who didn't know Ricky was on the bubble is an idiot. And having him confirm that he is totally clean, vindication could even help assure teams he's staying clean.

nick1 said:
how do they know? I'll beleive it when I see it, players almost never win appeals

Says who?

The only people talking in a position to know say that they do get upheld relatively often.

How would any of us possibly know that they don't... it's all secret.

"One attorney who has handled approximately 10 appeals of the drug policy said he has gotten a favorable result in every case, including reductions in fines, suspensions voided or even a player not being advanced in the policy."

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/13964931.htm

ckparrothead said:
If the appeal is upheld, give it a few weeks...his trade value will be back up.

Hopefully prior to the draft. I am still hoping for a high pick for Ricky, but I am probably smoking what he used to smoke.

Jersey54 said:
A lot of people need to get ready to eat crow.

Don't worry.... it will be like a retraction in a newspaper.... buried deep so no one notices it.

People are too worried with wanting to believe the drama in life and not interested in the truth and facts.

Most of the drama played out here is brought about by those still jilted by Ricky's retiring.

Fact is not many wanted to Ricky succeed when he returned. Why believe in the good of people when you can humiliate them for the bad?

I support Ricky 100%. Always have.

phinman1 said:
Looks oh so sweet, but a little to good to be true. No way we could afford adding Brees, Bentley and T.O. Could we?

nope.

i like how people think we can spend unlimited amounts of money.

every heard of the salary cap????????????

canesfins13 said:
It doesnt likely lower his trade value, it absolutely lowers his trade value.

I think he was likely to be traded mainly for the draft movement, so that is completely shot.

Back
Top Bottom