PFW "whispers"- Ricky appeal likely to be upheld | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW "whispers"- Ricky appeal likely to be upheld

fins54 said:
Just wondering if anyone has thought of this...

I am wondering if Ricky had any idea (if its true) that Saban and the Fins were looking at moving him to another team. Lets say his appeal is upheld and he is playing for us next year. Do you think this will affect Ricky in anyway, seeing how the team is basically saying that don't want him anymore (again if the trade rumors are true)? I have read the Ricky was really enjoying playing for the Dolphins and that he wanted to play for them, what will this do to his already shakey physique?

Ya he knew getting traded was a possibility.

canesfins13 said:
No matter how far it is lowered though we need to trade Ricky. He is a huge risk still and we need other talent.

It is a no rish situation for the Dolphins unless, they wrongly banked on trading him and now can't. There is no risk issue. They hold a massive 8 million trump card. I can only assume some of this has been paid off by playing and fullfilling some of the unfullfilled contract.

Can anyone comment on how much he still owes after palying for a year?

Sofa_King_Drunk said:
Not sure where they heard this "whisper" or if it has any truth to it, but here ya' go-

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2006/whispers2101.htm

"Why did the news that RB Ricky Williams had reportedly failed a drug test emanate from Denver? We hear it’s because the Broncos had requested information on Williams’ status in the NFL’s substance-abuse program from the league as a prelude to a trade with the Dolphins. Word is Williams’ appeal will be upheld since the substance he tested positive for was an herb, not a drug. However, the Dolphins are ticked off since the suspension scare likely lowers Williams’ trade value."

Good! And the next time we play the "Showponies", I saw we give them a full dose and long look at what they could've had in a trade. I hope if given the chance, Ricky gets 250 against them for us!

ricky was never going anywhere. cept India and back to Miami again. case will be upheld because the they broke the law and the NFL knows it. All it takes is a lawyer and ricky to say the majic words.

ever heard of Rush Limbaugh and the back pain meds? Roy Black took care of that. An herb based on a healthier Ricky and breaking the law doesnt look good for the NFL.

Sofa_King_Drunk said:
Not sure where they heard this "whisper" or if it has any truth to it, but here ya' go-

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2006/whispers2101.htm

"Why did the news that RB Ricky Williams had reportedly failed a drug test emanate from Denver? We hear it’s because the Broncos had requested information on Williams’ status in the NFL’s substance-abuse program from the league as a prelude to a trade with the Dolphins. Word is Williams’ appeal will be upheld since the substance he tested positive for was an herb, not a drug. However, the Dolphins are ticked off since the suspension scare likely lowers Williams’ trade value."
see see i tlod you guys:sidelol:

Sofa_King_Drunk said:

after the crap that happend, i say the heck with trading him and keep him tilll his legs run ragged. They might as well since the pft also commented on the fact that they think ronnie is not ready to carry the load.

It would make sense to keep him if the story is true. A probowl RB that comes with a bargain basement price tag...

Dan

Nublar7 said:
Great news about Ricky! I hope this is true.

If Ricky's trade value dropped because of this, I say we just keep him.

why get rid of him anyway? two top running backs are better than one. and ricky is cheap, it's a win-win.

Haven't said much on this issue becuase I'm really trying hard not to jump the gun in either direction. I admit, Ricky is one of my favorite Dolphin players. I really enjoy watching him run as he demonstrates an unbelievable blend of speed and power that can be very fun to watch. So far I enjoy watching Ronnie Brown as well. The biggest thing I like about the kid is he absolutely forces opposing defenses to tackle him. Sounds simple, but once Ronnie gets rolling you're most likely not going to hit him down or arm tackle him. You better wrap up or you will get run over. Enough tooting of the horn for the Miami backs.

I stand pat with my original opinion. If it surfaces that Ricky smoked weed again, or took any other NFL banned substance, regardless of how severe it is, knowing he is in the situation he is in, GOODBYE, no excuses. If it surfaces that this is a farce and he wins the appeal, welcome back open arms and I'll be hoping for no trade. Until I know, no rush of judgement.

Denver needs to be fined. We paid a 1st round pick(the best ever) for talking to Don Shula before the owner said it was OK. The NFL fines teams all the time. They fine players for having thier jerseys out. The Bronco's or somebody in thier organization broke the law. Somebody needs to pay. Take a 1st round away from them and it stop all this crap real quick.

in a way it helps his trade value because the nfl made a mistake.its hard to explain but if i could explain it youd all agree

I'm a complete idiot and I hate the word 'upheld' so can somebody tell me if this is good or bad? I was lead to believe that if the appeal was upheld, the decision would stay as is -- a suspension??

The appeal is made to overturn the possibility of a negative ruling. If they uphhold the appeal then they are essentially aggreeing with the appeal. So it is a good thing.

dorsaroll156 said:
in a way it helps his trade value because the nfl made a mistake.its hard to explain but if i could explain it youd all agree

You would think so but it could have the opposite effect because it reminds everyone that Ricky is a bit of a loose cannon and that he is only another negative test away from suspension whether it would be for herbs or whatever.Football is not Rickys first love and he could decide to chuck it all in at any time because he doesnt want to be bothered with the tests and the negative publicity which could affect his lifetime mission which is to be a holistic medicine guru.

Back
Top Bottom