PFW "whispers"- Ricky appeal likely to be upheld | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW "whispers"- Ricky appeal likely to be upheld

good, we keep Ricky and get the benefit of 2 mega studs in the backfield. I never wanted to trade him in the first place.

ckparrothead said:
If the appeal is upheld, give it a few weeks...his trade value will be back up.

Wish you were right CK, but all this did is remind everyone of what Ricky did 2 years ago, what the risk will be if anyone were to take Ricky, and it has now left a bad taste in their mouth.

Not only do I think his value has fallen dramatically because of this, but I think it may have now scared off any team that might have thought about trading for Ricky.

If it is proven that this rumor came out of Denver, the NFL should take away one of the Broncos Draft picks, and give it to Miami as a penalty, I am for that happening.:D

poppy said:
I agree. Can you imagine a relatively fresh R&R peaking in time for the playoffs? I'm sorry, but I don't understand the clamor to trade him (unless it is a 1st rounder or high second). How would we be better with just Ronnie potentially physically spent by the time Playoffs roled around?

His presence is indeed vital to a deep playoff run if we make it next year.

That is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Unstopable offense:
Drew Brees
Ronnie Brown
Ricky Williams
Chris Chambers
Terrel Owens (??)
Marty Booker
LeCharles Bentley

Bring it on.................................:dolphins:

FinFan_Est.1984 said:
That is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Unstopable offense:
Drew Brees
Ronnie Brown
Ricky Williams
Chris Chambers
Terrel Owens (??)
Marty Booker
LeCharles Bentley

Bring it on.................................:dolphins:

Looks oh so sweet, but a little to good to be true. No way we could afford adding Brees, Bentley and T.O. Could we?

keep him and run him ourselve, next season hell do nasty, and then we trade him, and well have ronnie to carry the load his 3rd year and well be in good shape, that was the orginial plan and we gunna let loose the tornado... now lets go get us a FA

I dont believe any of this garbage. We all know that somehow this issue is going to drag on forever. It's not going to be resolved quickly, and definetly not before the draft. So we can flush that idea down the toilet. But I am for getting one of the Broncos picks for them leaking the info and ruining any chance of us trading him before the draft.

Good to hear.

Now that I think about it, Ricky's stock could be up again, but I don't know exactly how high.

Don't forget guys, ricky is retiring next year. Remember? When he came back, he said he had two years left in him. I think he'll honor his word by playing for us last year and this year, then he will retire and be free of his debt to us. I wish him the best in his endeavors. He'll always be one of my favorite fins :)

DolphinzD said:
Well, some people would argue that marijuana is an herb, not a drug.

:D

Assuming Ricky is able to play, I still don't think the Dolphins will get greater value in return for him, than having him on the team.

Those would be the same idiot who thinks he has cataracts.

poppy said:
Yes. The Rush to judgement crowd may want to get their crow bibs on.

That includes media idiots like Kim Bokamper, Jay Glazer, and Jim Rome.

Not to mention running it right up Denver's a.. hopefully in the playoffs.

poppy said:
I hope this is true. I welcome this as great news. Does any poster on this board not find this too be good news?

I bet Mike O does.

This is excellent news hoping it's true. Ricky Williams trade value however will not go back up this off-season. He will be on the Dolphins roster for one more year now, and if he has another productive season like last year, his value will increase once again. Secondly- Someone's head should roll for this if he's found not guilty.

No matter how far it is lowered though we need to trade Ricky. He is a huge risk still and we need other talent.

Back
Top Bottom