Phillip Wheeler is underrated | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phillip Wheeler is underrated

yeah he played sam for oakland and while he put up numbers he still looked like crap...scheme driven production the definition pretty much...hell the guy got a lot of tackles for us...probably cause the opposition schemed to attack him...well actually i'm damn sure of it...attack him in the run game and absolutely get after him in the pass game...both of which he plays situationally as dumb as they come...

the guy would be sitting in the corner if i was lb coach during film study :lol:

But, you are not! What you could do is sell him a supplemental disability policy to protect his future HOF career!?!?!

I'm so pissed I didn't get in on this action Earlier

Anyone who has every played football can tell Wheeler is not a good Linebacker.

Can we stop talking about him being a beast in Oakland he put up mediocre stats there.

the guy has played 6 seasons in the NFL and has 5.5 sacks and forced 4 fumbles.... players with good instincts get that in a season.

I don't hate wheeler because it's not his fault it's Jeff Ireland's fault for being so incompetent "Wee" (Wheeler/Ellerbe?Wallace)

to reiterate Wheeler isn't a starter and everything the OP posted is dead wrong

Oh so your Second Team All City PeeWee League experience makes you a guru?

i'm not in sales...so i couldn't sell him anything...if i could it would be a one way ticket out of town though

Why are we debating this hes just not very good. Even pat white is on youtube does that mean hes good

no having a set of Eyes and a functional brain helps

I actually can't believe there are people who think Wheeler is a good linebacker it blows my mind.

Solid call out though on my credentials, if you didn't take notice i said ANYONE WHO HAS PLAYED.

This might rub some people the wrong way but i think people who have actually played the game can conceptualize certain aspects better than those who have not played.

Also how people have not realized that Daytona's post was sarcastic is phenomenal.

I think it's a perfect storm effect for Wheeler with the Dolphins and FH folk.

1. He is terribly over paid for his level of output.

2. He seems to always make dumb penalties during critical situations in the game and that 'mystic' has stuck with him.

If it wasn't for those two negatives I think most would say he is a decent player. Nothing special but again not the second coming of the anti-Christ like many seem to think here.

a functional brain helps It only helps if it is functioning properly...

people who have actually played the game Do you honestly think that someone that uses the phrase "hip fluidity" hasn't ever played the game?

Also how people have not realized that Daytona's post was sarcastic is phenomenal. Phenomenal isn't it?

Philip Wheeler baby!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on man... I wouldn't go that far, but he is our best Linebacker if you don't include Misi and Ellerbe.

and Tripp, McCain and Jenkins. He's better than Trusnik so he has that going for him.

I know I'm gonna get killed for this, but I really believe Phillip Wheeler is underrated and a lot of fans take him for granted.

Bends at hips and has good hip fluidity

Underrated instincts

Great work ethic

Tight space burst

Has potential to make big plays with very good speed

Plays faster than given credit for

good at rushing the QB, but wasn't utilized correctly

Tackling is not as bad as some make out, he just has some technique issues which are teachable

Good in pass coverage

Now these are all my opinions, but I know other people out there share the same feelings and are afraid of the backlash.

Have at it, but if you agree add some more traits you feel Phillip Wheeler has that makes him underrated.

What you're really trying to tell us is that meth is legal where you live.

Back
Top Bottom