Phillip Wheeler is underrated | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phillip Wheeler is underrated

Physically Wheeler has great traits but he doesn't seem to tackle well, coverage isn't the greatest. I believe Ellerbe will play better but idk about Wheeler.

Wheeler once tackled a gay man running for the last 2 Cher tickets....dude's legit.

You ask for a recent example and I give you on 20 post prior to your post and now it is sarcasm?!?!? Can you honestly tell me you haven't seen his pompous, holier then thou act before? You oughta see how he talks to poor silverfin in the draft forum when silver gives a better player break down!

That's not an example. At all.

Really don't know if you're just trolling or not in this thread because outside of 1 year in Oakland, he has been below average his whole career

well all our LBs suck, at some point how much does the coaching staff shares responsibility?

When the GM acquires players that don't completely suck ass. Jeff Ireland, the gift that keeps on giving, and by giving I mean ****ing this team in the ass

That's not an example. At all.

Really don't know if you're just trolling or not in this thread because outside of 1 year in Oakland, he has been below average his whole career

I told you where to go look

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

When the GM acquires players that don't completely suck ass. Jeff Ireland, the gift that keeps on giving, and by giving I mean ****ing this team in the ass

Right and before you blamed Ireland it was PP fault till he became Sparanos scapegoat, then Dan Henning fell on the sword.

I went back and watched some games from last year.

Wheeler is legit. The way he disguises his blitz are money, best in the league. Also he's very athletic and can cover TEs all over the field. He was easily the best player in the field last year for the defense. The way he bounced off runners to slow them down was elite.

Top 5 LB

This post was just to get us all riled up. Look out for "Daniel Thomas is underrated", followed by "we gave up on Clyde Gates too soon".

I went back and watched some games from last year.

Wheeler is legit. The way he disguises his blitz are money, best in the league. Also he's very athletic and can cover TEs all over the field. He was easily the best player in the field last year for the defense. The way he bounced off runners to slow them down was elite.

Top 5 LB
:lol:

He played a lot better in 2012 for Oakland. Based on what he did that season, I was fine with us signing him. Oakland used him at Sam all season and he lined up closer to the LOS most of the time. Miami used him as the Will all last season. Apparently, this season he is going to be back at Sam and Ellerbe is playing Will. I expect we'll get the chance to see if that makes any difference.

yeah he played sam for oakland and while he put up numbers he still looked like crap...scheme driven production the definition pretty much...hell the guy got a lot of tackles for us...probably cause the opposition schemed to attack him...well actually i'm damn sure of it...attack him in the run game and absolutely get after him in the pass game...both of which he plays situationally as dumb as they come...

the guy would be sitting in the corner if i was lb coach during film study :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
You're totally on the money... In Oakland he was very good at rushing the QB, but hasn't been utilized correctly in Miami. I'm hoping Coyle finally realizes what Wheeler was brought here to do and gets him involved in rushing the passer and disguising his blitzes...

He pass rushed 127 snaps out of 1054 for Miami last season. He had 1 sack, 4 hits, and 23 hurries. 28 total QB disruptions. He had 117 total tackles and 18 missed tackles.
In 2012, he pass rushed 134 snaps out of 1043 total. He had 3 sacks, 14 hits, and 13 hurries. 30 total QB disruptions. He had 105 total tackles and 9 missed tackles.

Rushing the passer was about the only thing he did fairly well last season.

Positives

He has sweet dreads, reminding me of a very violent impactful Ricky Williams

Negatives

He scares no one with his physicality, He makes few plays, Jeff over-payed for a back up,he essentially takes up space on the field and salary cap

only 90 percent??? wtf

The pretend personell wanna be know it all turned the thread into a thread about him.
guys like this travis guy pump up his self inflated ego and we get comments like this..
Do people on here know so little about the game? you think some jv basketball player who's football experience comes from Madden and Tecmo bowl knows much about real football??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom