Phins should trade for Ravens QB Tyler Huntley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins should trade for Ravens QB Tyler Huntley

fmcowboy

Active Roster
Reaction score
When he stepped in for Lamar Jackson last year, he actually looked better than Lamar like the game against Rodgers and the Packers. 4 TDs. I think he has a tremendous upside, he's got game experience and against good teams. I saw more flashes of greatness in his limited action than I've ever seen of Tua. Having him as QB2 would hedge our bets with Tua and he can step in when Tua gets injured next. He would be a lot cheaper than Deshaun Watson, but still require some draft capital to get. But I think he can be the next Lamar or Deshaun or Russell Wilson. What do you folks think?

Also, who would you want to see as the Phins QB2 as we know it will not be Jacoby Brisset.

While I’d certainly be just fine with Miami acquiring Huntley, let’s think about this for a second:

Huntley plays the exact style that Lamar Jackson plays with, allowing the offense to not miss a beat when Lamar is out, Lamar’s been pretty injury prone lately, and Huntley provides them the EXACT type of back-up that they need and does so for pennie’s on the dollar.

So somebody please explain to me why the Ravens would even consider trading him to Miami?

Wouldn’t make sense for Baltimore.

It’s not like we are going to offer them a 2nd round pick.

It’s a non-starter.

I am so sure someone more talented than Brissett will emerge with the thought they get could compete with Tua. Maybe Trubisky. Maybe Winston. Maybe Mariota. Maybe Darnold. Someone who isn’t horrible but wasn’t worth a high pick.

GIF by South Park

He’s on his rookie contract and the Ravens can run their offense when he needs to step in for Lamar. I don’t think they’d entertain a trade offer unless we wanted to grossly overpay for him.

Josh Johnson from the Jets is a kid with tools for days,IMO.
Are you talking about 35 year old Josh Johnson? Been bouncing in and out of the league forever Josh Johnson? Or is there another Josh Johnson I’m not aware of?

When he stepped in for Lamar Jackson last year, he actually looked better than Lamar like the game against Rodgers and the Packers. 4 TDs. I think he has a tremendous upside, he's got game experience and against good teams. I saw more flashes of greatness in his limited action than I've ever seen of Tua. Having him as QB2 would hedge our bets with Tua and he can step in when Tua gets injured next. He would be a lot cheaper than Deshaun Watson, but still require some draft capital to get. But I think he can be the next Lamar or Deshaun or Russell Wilson. What do you folks think?

Also, who would you want to see as the Phins QB2 as we know it will not be Jacoby Brisset.
I thought we were gonna make posters have a certain amount of posts before they can start to post their own stupid threads?

Hell no. That man's beard is nasty AF-- he looks like he was evicted by Oscar The Grouch.

What available QB2 is out there with similar skill sets as Tua so we could run the same offense if he comes in?

Back
Top Bottom