Phins should trade for Ravens QB Tyler Huntley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins should trade for Ravens QB Tyler Huntley

What available QB2 is out there with similar skill sets as Tua so we could run the same offense if he comes in?

Way too much stock put into "Running the same offense"

That's more a concern when your offense is niche and requires something very specific. Good example is Baltimore actually. It takes a very specific skill set to run the same way as Lamar.

Most offenses though can be run by most QB these days. There are better fits than others others of course, but its no something I'm personally worried about. As long It's its not a square peg in a round hole.

I really like Huntley, but teams that would be going after him would have to think of him as their starting QB because it would take that type of compensation for Baltimore to trade him at this point.

Alright my dudes, lets not worry about his post count. You don't like the idea just say it and move on.

I personally don't like the idea of trading for him. There's a lot of good value at some positions were in need of on Offense. I say find a backup vet in FA.

I don't think Baltimore is going to move him. I agree that Tua's string of injuries does amplify the need to address the backup QB situation in a meaningful way, but you have to be realistic about it. If Miami wants competition for Tua, that should come through the draft. If they want an experienced and capable backup, they will likely search the FA market. As long as Jacoby is gone, I will be at least a little happy. Could he have possibly put in less effort and energy in relief of Tua?

BREAKING: The Miami Dolphins are linked to every single available player both in Free Agency, Trade, and the Draft. Also, some unavailable players.

I know it’s not how business is USUALLY done and I’m not talking about Huntley specifically but I absolutely love the idea of a young athletic QB as the back up. I hate the idea of a failed vet as the back up and I’ll never change my mind. 😄

I said it in the free agency thread, but I guess I’ll say it here too. Im guessing the Dolphins will consider Nick Mullens. He is a UFA on the cheap. He knows the system and has worked with McDaniel in San Francisco.

If you think so highly of him, why stop at QB2? QB1 is what your after.
Agree. And I think he'd beat out Tua in camp. But the Phins wouldn't be that obvious at this point and deflate Tua again until he sees himself outperformed in camp

His account is almost as old as mine...only 34 posts. Maybe an ole burner account.
His cell mate. So long time fans can't post? Sorry I'd new to here but not sorry for being one of the most devoted and senior phins fan here. Even born in Miami. So do I need to post 50 times a day to get a bunch so I get "cred" lol

Back
Top Bottom