Pick your poison: Pats @ Jets wk 2

Who would you rather see win in week 2?

• I want the Jets to win.

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • I want the Patriots to win.

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And scored 24pts on offense (or was it 17 + a to)? Against a defense that just isn't that good or well-coached. Who do they have besides Williams?

You missed my point.

You said the Jets couldn't run the ball until a couple of big runs late in the game. What I'm telling you is that the Texans completely sold out on stopping the run until Sanchez scared them enough to stop doing that. Once they stopped selling out on the run, the Jets had great success running the ball.

The Pats run D didn't look very hot against the Bills. Will they sell out to stop the run and make Sanchez beat them? That's what I would do, he's a rookie.

And scored 24pts on offense (or was it 17 + a to)? Against a defense that just isn't that good or well-coached. Who do they have besides Williams?

They have more talent on Defense than your team. Maro Williams might be the best pass rusher in the game, DeMeco Ryans is better than Jerod Mayo, dunta Robinson is a better corner than NE has. They don't have the coaching that NE has but they have talent.

The Texans have a new DC this year, we don't know how good they'll be yet, but they have a new aggressive approach on defense. Along with talent, Mario Williams, Demeco Ryans, Brian Cushing is talent. (They have more players but I don't feel like listing)

They sold out on the run constantly having 8 guys in the box to force Sanchez to beat them. Just think about this for a moment, it was his first start and it was on the road against one of the best home teams in the NFL the past couple seasons. Sanchez impressed me, now he could come out and just completely blow against the Pats, he is still a rookie and will make mistakes. He is the key IMO, if he doesn't play like a rookie and limits mistakes and moves the chains I see the Jets having a chance. I think our defense will play strong again, we get back Shaun Ellis this week so we get a boost with him returning.
It should be a good game. Patriots obviously have the advantage with as we have a rookie QB, but you know Brady didn't look confident on that knee still, it will take time for him to get 100% confidence back. People were fooling themselves in thinking that Brady was going to be back to 07 form this year coming off of a major knee surgery.

Wow, the Patriot hate (envy) gets worse every year eh?

BB was just on WEEI in boston talking about the Jets. Apparently him and Brady were watching some film on the Houston game Sunday night.

BB was amazed at the way Houston was trying to block the Jets. Didn;t tip his hand, but implied he thought their approach was pretty pedestrian. Think I will take BB's knowledge over Kubiaks on this one.

Remarked that the Jets look like they xeroxed the Ravens playbook. BB knows how to handle a Ryan D.

Also remarked that they (Jets) were likely drawing up about 10-12 screenplays at this very moment.

BB is a smart man. He knows his opponent well.

Jets will be exposed Sunday. Get your hate (envy) on.

Tom Brady has a career completion rate below 50% against Baltimore's D. Their game against the Ravens in 2007 was one of their least impressive offensive performances in a record-setting year. I don't see what you're looking at to suggest Belichick knows how to handle a Ryan D.

Tom Brady has a career completion rate below 50% against Rex Ryan coached defenses. Their game against the Ravens in 2007 was one of their least impressive offensive performances in a record-setting year. I don't see what you're looking at to suggest Belichick knows how to handle a Ryan D.

I think Brady has only played one game against Ryan's D so saying Brady has a career comp rate below 50% is a little misleading plus he still led them to 27 pts and a road win.

Brady is coming off a year off w/ an injury, Moss is a year older, their OL isn't as good. There are reasons for us to be optimistic defensively but we'll see what happens.

I think Brady has only played one game against Ryan's D so saying Brady has a career comp rate below 50% is a little misleading plus he still led them to 27 pts and a road win.

Brady is coming off a year off w/ an injury, Moss is a year older, their OL isn't as good. There are reasons for us to be optimistic defensively but we'll see what happens.

Yeah I made that correction.

Not a close question. I won't relax until New England has a loss. As a '72 Dolphin season ticket holder, preserving that mark is top priority every year, far beyond what the current Dolphins achieve. Brady still scares me toward 19-0. I can't wait for him to pass his prime, so it won't be feasible.

Regardless, I'd be rooting for the Jets. They are now my 3rd favorite team behind the Dolphins and Giants. Prior to visiting Giants training camp in Albany the past several years, the Jets were my #2. The Giants earned the bump with the Super Bowl victory over New England.

I've never understood the animosity toward the Jets. In college the rivalries are incredibly bitter and geography based. In the NFL, particularly in our case, it's far away teams that happened to be aligned with us decades ago. Big deal. Besides, I attended the Jets/Colts Super Bowl as a kid. The Jets were heroes of our league and the City of Miami embraced them. I'm not going to pretend that didn't exist.

Anyway, the Jets won't beat New England. Rookie QBs don't fare well against teams of that caliber. Not in the beginning of the season. Sanchez will be lucky to put double digits on the board. Quite a shock transitioning from the caliber of team he faced last week to playing the Patriots. New England will get a huge boost in energy and confidence after the late comeback last week. This week class carries over. Anyone expecting New England's defense to look weak again will be in for quite a surprise. Belichick understands the importance of getting a trump card edge on mouthy Ryan, sticking doubt in his mind going forward. I expect Brady to grind out a comfy win.

The Texans stacked the box with 8 and 9 guys for much of that game and sold out on the run. They wanted to force Sanchez to beat them and he did. Once they realized he could beat them through the air they backed off the run and got punched in the mouth.

I expect a simlar plan from the pats. Key on containing the running game, keeping Washington & Keller in check, and make Sanchez throw into coverage. I don't expect them to blitz much.

Back
Top Bottom