Plain Truth, We Have Dumb Players | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Plain Truth, We Have Dumb Players

You can play most positions with an IQ under 100. It's up to the coaches to train these guys to the point where you don't have to think too much. If these guys are doing dumb things in the games, they must be doing them in practice, and what are the coaches doing about it?

Alot of times the penalties arent intentional
I'll make this amendment to the original post. When I talk about dumb players, I'm talking purely about an inability to play mentally disciplined football on a consistent basis.

Of course I don't believe Suh to be an unintelligent person. He's always come across as a thoughtful and independent thinker. But I would argue that he gets baited a lot on the football field. It's one thing to be a quick step, penetrator at DT, but sometimes Suh will be so quick to angle his rush, that he gets easily washed out the backside of the play. Another example is Landry. Landry has a gift for picking up YAC, but sometimes his penchant for backtracking to make an extra cut costs the offense valuable yards. Grant does the same thing.

We have some exceptional athletes on this team, and I believe a little more self-awareness and discipline can harness their talent.

Now that you clarify, i understand your thinking. Some penalties I dont understand like false starts by WRs or false starts in general. But there are other penalities like holding which in some scenarios the guy is beat and to protect his quarterback from getting hit he holds. The landy hold was unbelievable. To me I see guys overplaying and not relaxed. Its either they arenr doing enuff or they are doing too much. I dunno how much they practice not committing fouls but this game was excessive. Over 100 yards of penalty. Coaches should have addressed this after the first 2 on the sidelines. Theres gotta be some kind of penalty for committing penalties.

I'll make this amendment to the original post. When I talk about dumb players, I'm talking purely about an inability to play mentally disciplined football on a consistent basis.

Of course I don't believe Suh to be an unintelligent person. He's always come across as a thoughtful and independent thinker. But I would argue that he gets baited a lot on the football field. It's one thing to be a quick step, penetrator at DT, but sometimes Suh will be so quick to angle his rush, that he gets easily washed out the backside of the play. Another example is Landry. Landry has a gift for picking up YAC, but sometimes his penchant for backtracking to make an extra cut costs the offense valuable yards. Grant does the same thing.

We have some exceptional athletes on this team, and I believe a little more self-awareness and discipline can harness their talent.

Oh, I know what you meant. I just disagree specifically about Suh. He's become an All-Pro with that style of play.

According to this thread Suh isn't the brightest crayon in the box...

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/...lonso-that-sent-flaccos-helmet-flying/?page=2

"My dad's friend was Suh's science teacher in high school. Says he is as dumb as a lamp post. Got caught with his girlfriend doing the class tests for him. Which really freaked his parents out when they discovered it and they read him the riot act. He almost got kicked off the Grant football team. Just our luck, hunh?"

According to this thread Suh isn't the brightest crayon in the box...

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/...lonso-that-sent-flaccos-helmet-flying/?page=2

"My dad's friend was Suh's science teacher in high school. Says he is as dumb as a lamp post. Got caught with his girlfriend doing the class tests for him. Which really freaked his parents out when they discovered it and they read him the riot act. He almost got kicked off the Grant football team. Just our luck, hunh?"

Honestly I think getting your girlfriend to take your tests for you is pretty smart.

Saw something that said stephone anthony was working exclusively at Sam...that’s a pretty good indicator that he doesn’t have the smarts for mike and also a pretty good indicator that if this Sam thing doesn’t work out he’s gonna be out of the league real soon

Saw something that said stephone anthony was working exclusively at Sam...that’s a pretty good indicator that he doesn’t have the smarts for mike and also a pretty good indicator that if this Sam thing doesn’t work out he’s gonna be out of the league real soon

So what makes them so good in college and the Dion Jordan's of the world so bad in the NFL. Anthony I thought would be a star in this league and if Sean Payton who is a great coach gave up on him, his future is not looking bright.

Listen to some of our players when they talk to the media. Some can't talk plain or even string a sentence together. It's sad. Makes you wonder what their intelligence level is.

^^^Are you really trying to equate "intelligence" with how they communicate via the media? "Makes me wonder what your intelligence level is?"

So what makes them so good in college and the Dion Jordan's of the world so bad in the NFL. Anthony I thought would be a star in this league and if Sean Payton who is a great coach gave up on him, his future is not looking bright.

$$$$

That's my take on it.

Some players really dont enjoy football the way we do. Once they get paid they stop working at it and the NFL isnt a job you can maintain without putting in a tremendous amount of effort, both on the field and off the field.

In the old days, if you lost your job you couldnt pay the bills. Nowadays, these guys can retire off a 1st round rookie contract.

I scored a 36 on the Wonderlic and I am just a guy with average intelligence for crying out loud. Blows my mind how some people only score in the teens when they completed studies at a major college.

Full disclosure stephone anthony wasn’t all that good in college either. The athlete and the prototype size got him drafted where he did go.

Best thing on college tape I saw with him was he could sniff out a screen although that was also his primary assignment.

No instincts on tape which usually means jag nfl lb. to date jags been kind

Full disclosure stephone anthony wasn’t all that good in college either. The athlete and the prototype size got him drafted where he did go.

Best thing on college tape I saw with him was he could sniff out a screen although that was also his primary assignment.

No instincts on tape which usually means jag nfl lb. to date jags been kind

Someone should try to explain this friggin trade to me a little
more, all I recall is ‘we have had our eye on this guy for a while’.

Was this coaches push after the Timmons Fiasco or what- cause we sure do look dumb at the moment.

Maybe he gets a chance next year like you said previously but total head scratcher.

I think our players are just as "smart" as other teams players but it seems every coach we've had stresses versatility. Wasn't Carroo's problem last year was he had to learn all 3 wr positions.

Back
Top Bottom