playoffs- where do we stand realistically? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

playoffs- where do we stand realistically?

dolfancoolio

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
i know we've all probably already had this conversation some time ago but i am bored and feel like discussing what teams u guys think will make the palyoffs that the majority would not, and more importantly where you think we stand in terms of playoff entry. i believe we have an easier schedule this year and we should beat the pats at least once. i am betting on the AFC east crown but probably not a first round bye. your thoughts???

I think the fins will go 11-5 and possibly 12-4. If we go 12-4 we will most likely get a 1st round bye, if we go 11-5 we will probably still win the division but with no bye.

Teams in the playoffs: d* = division title, b* = 1strd bye w* = wildcard

AFC:East Dolphins d*, Patriots w*
North Ravens d*
South Colts d*b*, Titans w*
West Broncos d*b*

NFC:East Eagles d*b*, Redskins w*
North Packers d* Vikings w*
South Falcons d*
West Seahawks d*b*

Dolphinizzle said:
South Colts d*b*, Broncos w*
West Seahawks d*b*
the broncos play in the west and the seahawks play in the NFC:D

Here is how i se us so far this year.Take in consideration all the new faces on the team.I look for Miami to be at 10 to 11 wins again.

AFC:
East; Pats div Miami W/C
West: KCd BYE
South; ColtsdBYETitiansW/C
North;Bengalsd

NFC:
North;Vikingsb PackersW/C
South; Panthers SaintsW/C
East:phillyb
West:Rams

dolfancoolio said:
the broncos play in the west and the seahawks play in the NFC:D

Yeah I realised that and edited... I knew I was gonna mess that up :mad:

I don't know what it is with me and the Broncos :lol:

I didn't get much sleep last night.

dolfanreal69 said:
Here is how i se us so far this year.Take in consideration all the new faces on the team.I look for Miami to be at 10 to 11 wins again.

AFC:
East; Pats div Miami W/C
North;Bengalsd

NFC:
first of all i think that you have underrated the seahawks. they have gotten better with hasselbeck, alexander and robinson leading the offense and simmons, wistrom and trufant looking to lead the defense. in my books they are serious SB contenders. also i think KC are overrated. they had a very easy schedule last season and they are beginning to age on offense (they have poor WR as well) and their defense is just appauling. trust me when i say and bet with any one of you that the broncos will win the west and KC will not make the playoffs

Well there are always surprise teams. In both directions. Example, last year Raiders, Steelers, Panthers.

Teams I think could drop off (AFC): Colts, Chiefs. Both teams did nothing in the offseason to upgrade atrocious defenses. I watched lasts years AFC title game a couple of days ago, and the Pats went through that defense like a hot knife through butter. And we all remember the Colts-Chiefs shootout in the divisional game.

I don't buy the Titans falling off too far. Fisher is one of the leagues best coaches and won't let it happen.

Teams on the rise (AFC): Jaguars, Raiders. Oakland had a solid off season and should be 4 to 6 games better. The Jags were playing solid ball at the end of last year. Thats a pretty tough football team.

dolfanreal69 said:

AFC:
East; Pats div Miami W/C
North;Bengalsd

NFC:
I agree except I think the Fins win the division and I believe the seahawks although not in the NFC South take the Saints wildcard spot.

I was gonna wait but I cant resist!!! Here are my pre-camp predictions....(all predictions are subject to change)

AFC East-
Miami-12-4..we get good oline play...we will be HARD to beat.
Patsies-10-6..lady luck will not shine as often..Dillon WILL be a bust.
Buff-a-hoe-8-8..Def is still above avg. but Drew's winding down.
Jets-8-8...lack of defense will hold back a good off..C-mart stumbling??

AFC North
Bmore-10-6...they will dominate the weak def of division foes.
Nati-8-8.....Its hard to say w/ this team..if Palmer is great could win north.
Pitt-6-10....Maddox's done...Ben leads a 2 game winning streak in the end.
Cle-5-11.....Still a weak Def and garcia is aging..plus KWII will talk all year.

AFC South
Indy-13-3...If this team does get homefield throughout..UHOH
Tenn-9-7....Lost alot in offseason..will Mcnair hold up for 16 games??
HOU- 8-8....Well coached and has alot of pieces nearly in place could win div.
Jax- 5-11....Injury bug seems like it will hit this team if not could be 9-7..8-8

AFC West
Denver-11-5...Can Bailey turn the whole DEF around?? loss of portis MAY hurt
K.C.-10-6.....Not landing any of the top corners on the market is gonna hurt.
Oak-4-12.....Still no running game..old recievers and woodson will be out hurt.
S.D-2-14.....One playmaker on the whole team! Marty will quit week 7.

Playoffs-
Round 1.....Tenn@Baltimore.....Ravens win on Heap GW TD grab
.......N.E @ DEN.....Bailey picks off pass to seal win

Round 2....Balt @ Indy....Manning picks apart D..colts shut down J.lewis win
....Den @MIA......Unfortunatley for DEN there is only 1 Bailey and they wished they could have had 2 because DB & CC both have huge games.

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP
MIAMI DOLPHINS VS. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

If this happens I WILL be there!!! Im from C-bus so its only about 3 hours away!! Well Indy shut down Lewis the week before but they're bruised and battered from doing so....RW will have fresh legs thanks to the bye coupled by only 17 carries the week before..He will explode and run for 175-200 yds and Fred Russel runs back the first kick for the fins in ages!!! Payton makes it close late but Larry Chester recovers a fumble forced by JT and seals the win...see you in JAX folks for the bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Maybe Im just dreaming...but if we stay healthy and give our QB time..I think we create Mismatched for ANY team in the league...

DBoston80 said:
I was gonna wait but I cant resist!!! Here are my pre-camp predictions....(all predictions are subject to change)

AFC East-
Miami-12-4..we get good oline play...we will be HARD to beat.
Patsies-10-6..lady luck will not shine as often..Dillon WILL be a bust.
Wow, 12-4 w/ Feely who hasn't even proven yet he's better than Detmer? Fiedler, who at his best (2002) was no different from China doll Rob Johnson and last year was no better than Drew at his worst?

Until both qb's show they are better than average your team is back to running the ball and even w/ a good OL (we don't even know that for sure) having RW as your only weapon won't win you 12 games. The fins have proven that in the past. Too many questions to even think they are going to beat the Pats let alone win 12 games.

We went 10-6 last year with Griese filling in who was not as effective as Fiedler....we added one of the best WR in the game and improved the O-line wich was our achilles last year..we could have easily been 11-5 if Mare makes his kicks vs the Pat's....when you have a better team then you had the year before and you went 10-6 it's not at all unrealistic to think we can win 12 games...That's a 2 game improvment...a realistic goal IMO...Our schedule is easier, our team is better,if we stay healthy I see NO one who can matchup...

when you have a better team then you had the year before and you went 10-6 it's not at all unrealistic to think we can win 12 games...That's a 2 game improvment...a realistic goal IMO...Our schedule is easier, our team is better,if we stay healthy I see NO one who can matchup...
A lot of teams can say they improved. The Pats were 4 games better than the Dolphins last year without Colvin and a running game. We added Dillon to the mix where he does not have to be the focus, just another piece. We get Colvin back and are coming off a draft where we made 6 selections in the first 4 rounds. We also replaced our punter, who was the worst in the league with Josh Miller.

And I won't even get into the coaching disparity.

Who knows how it will play out, but I'm not seeing how the Dolphins improved enough relative to NE to make up the ground. Even injuries didn't slow down the Pats last year because their success is built on depth. And they are now deeper.

Back
Top Bottom