playoffs- where do we stand realistically? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

playoffs- where do we stand realistically?

FlyingElvis said:
Well there are always surprise teams. In both directions. Example, last year Raiders, Steelers, Panthers.

Teams I think could drop off (AFC): Colts, Chiefs. Both teams did nothing in the offseason to upgrade atrocious defenses. I watched lasts years AFC title game a couple of days ago, and the Pats went through that defense like a hot knife through butter. And we all remember the Colts-Chiefs shootout in the divisional game.

I don't buy the Titans falling off too far. Fisher is one of the leagues best coaches and won't let it happen.

Teams on the rise (AFC): Jaguars, Raiders. Oakland had a solid off season and should be 4 to 6 games better. The Jags were playing solid ball at the end of last year. Thats a pretty tough football team.

I agree about the Jaguars. But, I do believe the Titans will miss the playoffs this year. The new team to look out for this season is Jacksonville. They will be tough to beat. Indy and Jax will make it to the playoffs out of that division.

Rudi flat outplayed dillon all year and a good part of last year...this started happening at the end of the 02 season...Dillon was always on the sidelines with that Sour grape look on his face...the guy is good but NOTHING like the cd 3years ago.

Rudi certainly looked like a much better back then Dillon last year. Dillon should of left the Bengals 3 years ago

the guy is good but NOTHING like the cd 3years ago.
Ok, fair enough. We shall see. :)

Remember, he won't be asked to carry the offense on his shoulders like in Cincy. He's not going to get the carries to get 1400 yards again. But he can still be effective on 1st and 2nd down and takes some heat off Brady. Especially when we need to run some clock. That was impossible with Faulk and A. Smith.

Good answer..I agree..he helps your team on 1st and 2nd down and thats good enough...I just feel he's dropped off alot since his glory years a few years ago..

I think the change of scenery will do Dillon a lot of good. He does have cancer in the locker room potential. By all the guys complaining I have no idea why he stayed a Bengel for so long.

DBoston80 said:
Dillon was always on the sidelines with that Sour grape look on his face...the guy is good but NOTHING like the cd 3years ago.

Sounds alot like none other than David Boston. :lol:

Well like I said above (or another thread?). Dillon is coming to a team that can show him some hardware that was attained without his services. That, and there are some leaders on this team that have been around awhile, all the way back to Parcells. These guys will keep him in line.

I doubt he will be a problem, but if he is, he'll be sent off packing like Terry Glenn was a couple of years ago. Belichick won't tolerate any BS.

wrong....Dbo never lost his job..he is young and was a far better pick up than Dillon...so your wrong again..the only time he was on the sidelines last year is when the def was on the field...No comparison:o

Dbo never lost his job..he is young and was a far better pick up than Dillon...
Very debatable. I'd say its a wash at best. The Dolphins are adding a 2nd receiver. The Pats are adding a featured back. The question is, who adds more to their teams offense? Hard to say until they play. I'd say both were pretty good pick ups.

FlyingElvis said:
Very debatable. I'd say its a wash at best. The Dolphins are adding a 2nd receiver. The Pats are adding a featured back. The question is, who adds more to their teams offense? Hard to say until they play. I'd say both were pretty good pick ups.

I cannot argue with that statement.

Anything can happen, how can you explain the Pats being very mediocre and missing the playoffs after their first super bowl with pretty much the same team? This is why we play the game.

Anything can happen, how can you explain the Pats being very mediocre and missing the playoffs after their first super bowl with pretty much the same team?
I disagree that the 2003 team was the same as the 2001 team. The 2001 team was not suppose to win a SB. It was only Belichick's second year with the team and he was just starting to build it with his players and purging Pete Carroll era players. Bledsoe went down, and they found lightning in a bottle in Brady and the team rode a nice hot streak at the end of the season. Also, that 2001 team faced 2 ****y teams (Steelers and Rams) where BB badly outcoached them.

The 2003 team was far better especially on the defensive side. And much deeper. And of course, Brady is far more seasoned.

Belichick has admitted that 2002 team was not equipped to defend their crown. The Pats learned from that experience, and did not sit still this offseason (deep draft and a couple of FA pickups to fill in at some weak spots).

This Pats team has a much better chance to repeat. Although honestly, the odds are not with them. But the 2004 roster blows away the 2002 roster.

Justasportsfan said:
Wow, 12-4 w/ Feely who hasn't even proven yet he's better than Detmer? Fiedler, who at his best (2002) was no different from China doll Rob Johnson and last year was no better than Drew at his worst?

Until both qb's show they are better than average your team is back to running the ball and even w/ a good OL (we don't even know that for sure) having RW as your only weapon won't win you 12 games. The fins have proven that in the past. Too many questions to even think they are going to beat the Pats let alone win 12 games.
we dont need an above average qb really, we just need a good game manager, just like brady and jake delhomme, he needsto be tough and a leader, an all pro wouldnt hurt, but we dont NEED that.

Back
Top Bottom