playoffs- where do we stand realistically? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

playoffs- where do we stand realistically?

FlyingElvis said:
A lot of teams can say they improved. The Pats were 4 games better than the Dolphins last year without Colvin and a running game. We added Dillon to the mix where he does not have to be the focus, just another piece. We get Colvin back and are coming off a draft where we made 6 selections in the first 4 rounds. We also replaced our punter, who was the worst in the league with Josh Miller.

And I won't even get into the coaching disparity.

Who knows how it will play out, but I'm not seeing how the Dolphins improved enough relative to NE to make up the ground. Even injuries didn't slow down the Pats last year because their success is built on depth. And they are now deeper.

yeah, the Pats do have a running game now but Dillion is washed up and no longer as effective as he once was

according to the sporting news football preview, we have the hardest schedule based on last year... I think Arizona is #2 on strength of schedule...

It's easier to win a title than to defend a title. I highly doubt the Patsies will repeat. It will be a dog fight between the fins and the pats for 1st in the division though I'm sure.

I think losing Big Ted Washington is gonna hurt the Pats Defense more than you think.

It will definately help Ricky out thats for certain.

The Pat's were and are very very good...but they didnt really dominate too many games but always had the poise to pull it out late and capitalize on mistakes...did you outplay Mia in Mia...NO...but you capitalized on Mare's mishaps and won the game....should you have beaten the Texans last year...NO..but you capitalized on a late fumble I could point out a number of games where "breaks" played a factor....but facts are you capitalized on them so your world champs!! Congrats...but to think your alot better than Miami is just not true!! What will you do when the breaks start going against you??? 9-7-10-6....do you remember how sh-tty the colts played vs. you guys and then still had a chance to win in the end??? You guys are good but you dont dominate anyone to the point where I feel we have no chance to win the division...

yeah, the Pats do have a running game now but Dillion is washed up and no longer as effective as he once was
Explain.

Dillon was hurt last year. Where's the evidence that he's washed up? Or are you just hoping? Because if he is anything like the back he was, its kinda scary adding that dimension to a Pats spread passing attack.

I think losing Big Ted Washington is gonna hurt the Pats Defense more than you think.
Maybe. But do you know what the Pats record was without him? Which was pretty much half the regular season?

We added Wilfork and Traylor. But Wilfork is the future. And Ted Washington was the now. We will miss him. But he is 35 and damaged goods.

do you remember how sh-tty the colts played vs. you guys and then still had a chance to win in the end???
I just watched this game 2 days ago. The game was not close nor ever in doubt. They played sh-tty because Manning had no answers for what Belichick's defense was throwing at him. And the Colts defense could never stop the Pats when they needed to.

FlyingElvis said:
Explain.

Dillon was hurt last year. Where's the evidence that he's washed up? Or are you just hoping? Because if he is anything like the back he was, its kinda scary adding that dimension to a Pats spread passing attack.

ok, it's his eight year is the league right, so lets look at his numbers over the year's:
1997 1129 4.8
1998 1130 4.3
1999 1200 4.6
2000 1435 4.6
2001 1315 3.9
2002 1311 4.2
2003 541 3.9

taking into consideration that he was hurt last year we will only look at his avg. for that year, 3.9 avg. is not bad but look at every other year and you will see that his avg. has been down for the last 3 years and his yardage was going up all the way until 2000 and then his yardage went down for the past 3 years and I may be wrong but the prime for a RB is usually his 5th or 6th or 7th year. Is that enough?

FlyingElvis said:
Explain.

Dillon is washed up and Boston will be a probowler. Just say yes, you're on a fins board. :D

Justasportsfan said:
Dillon is washed up and Boston will be a probowler. Just say yes, you're on a fins board. :D
Boston is 25. Dillon is 29. Dillon isn't washed up, be he sure isn't in his prime.

taking into consideration that he was hurt last year we will only look at his avg. for that year, 3.9 avg. is not bad but look at every other year and you will see that his avg. has been down for the last 3 years and his yardage was going up all the way until 2000 and then his yardage went down for the past 3 years and I may be wrong but the prime for a RB is usually his 5th or 6th or 7th year. Is that enough?

You want to look at RW YPC's dropoff from 2002 to 2003 and tell me he's washed up too?

LIQUID24 said:
Boston is 25. Dillon is 29. Dillon isn't washed up, be he sure isn't in his prime.
you just went against what your fellow finfan said.

FlyingElvis said:
You want to look at RW YPC's dropoff from 2002 to 2003 and tell me he's washed up too?
RW had a bad OL. That would be their opinion. Just beat them to it.

RW had a bad OL. That would be their opinion. Just beat them to it.
Yeah, true. :) And Dillon has played on miserable teams thoughout his career where his opponents were lined up to stop him. They won't be able to do that this year. Should be fun.

there is a reason why Rudi Johnson took his job last year...people dont seem to be noticing that......

DBoston80 said:
there is a reason why Rudi Johnson took his job last year...people dont seem to be noticing that......
Because Dillon got hurt and Rudi Johnson did pretty good while he was out, and Dillon became a pain in the ***? Am I missing anything?

Back
Top Bottom