Playoffs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs

Is this joke? We have to go 5-3 to even have a shot at the playoffs coming in at 9-7. Where do you see 4 wins, much less 5? Best case scenario this team beats TB and DEN at home and gets the split with BUF. I sure hope not though. That'd be a waste of a dip in talent in the draft.

Rooting for 4-12. This team deserves it. This coaching staff deserves it. This front office deserves it. And it would be best for the fans as well to potentially get a franchise player out of it.

Obviously we're still in it. But every game will be a flat out struggle

Honestly does anyone really believe that this team isn't closer to getting a top ten pick than they are to making the playoffs. They will be lucky to get to 6 wins. Biggest red flag is seeing the defense just throw in the towel in the second half last night. Many players just quit which shows you how much respect they have for this coaching staff. Going to be a lot purging of the roster before next season.

It's unreal that if this happens next week we are the 6 seed ;)

Miami over TB
NE over OAK
GB over BAL
LAC over BUF

no long pass throwing off back leg Jay Cutler and playoff is not going happen. thill17 better be ready next yr...the pressure will be on in 2018. who ever will be qb.
Wait what, you told us that Cutler was the man and would be our QB next year, and that we were cutting Tannehill. I guess you figured out that a bounce pass is not excepted and over throwing receivers is not going to get it done.

Will let’s see...in order to make the playoffs you have to win games, in order to win games you have to have more points than your opponent. In order to have more points than your opponent you gotta have a lead.
Have you seen the rest of the afc? We are very much in contention

Playoffs? I 'd rather have the lower round picks in the draft. If through some miracle we end up in the playoffs I can only imagine the kind of drubbing this team would take in the Wildcard. I don't need to relive another MIA JAX type debacle.

OK, so, the Jim Mora quote is classic, and thank you.

But while we're on the subject of epic and classic coach press statements, one of my favorites is Herm Edwards' classic statement "You play to win the game!" But it's like one of three great things he said in that press event. The explanation of how "Quitting is not even an option, and the person who told me that, he's not here anymore ... he died." And of course "when you start telling me [winning] doesn't matter, then GET OUT, RETIRE, because it MATTERS." Hey, he coached the Jets, but Herm Edwards has my eternal respect. Start at 0:19 to avoid the intro.

Back
Top Bottom