Votes: 121 51.9%
  • No.

Votes: 93 39.9%
  • Uncertain.

Votes: 19 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by 4THand10
Here is also the Flops stats when going into the 4th quarter within 7 points.

2003 4th quarter within 7

44.9% completion, 1td 6ints /QB rating of 27.3
-----------------------------------------------------------------

2002 4th quarter within 7

56.6% completion, 1td 4ints /QB rating of 44.7

With those stats you better hope the Fins have a lead going into the 4th quarter because the Flop sure isn't going to win with any late drive comebacks.

I am curious how much Ricky's tendency to take over in the 4th quarter has to do with these stats, but I have little argument with them as you have now revised yourself. I'd love to see how these stack up with 2000-2001...

Weren't there quite a few games where we pretty much just stopped throwing the ball all together? As in,.....only 3 passes attempted for the entire 2nd half? Run.......Ricky.......Run......

His 4th Qtr #'s suck obviously, I just wonder why? Is it because he the 4th Qtr he just completely loses it compared to the other 2 1/2 hours of the game of is it because of DW's and Norv's desire to run the ball (when leading) and/or take more chances if we're too far behind (losing)....

(I'm not arguing for or against at this point.......just trying to get you all thinking some...)

You don't get those kind of INTs unless you are BEHIND in the fourth quarter and passing to get back in it. Or Jay is making some REALLY bad decisons about where to throw the ball, even though we are running Ricky to kill the clock.

The defense has an advantage when they know the offense has to pass. Then it comes down to whether the QB can make the throws. Jay is then exposed as very average at that point. If you don't fear the deep pass, you can jump the shorter routes and hence the INTs.

Jay can't do enough, even with Ricky to give play-action passes credibility, to really hurt a defense.

true, it also doesn't help that we don't go to 3 or 4 WR sets and instead only use 2 and one of them can never break free to get open (Derrius, no Newsome, no OG, no....who's playing #2 WR this week) and meanwhile our only other #2 WR , CC, is doubled-up most of the time (along with a crappy Oline). CC did a great job posting some good numbers this year (3rd most TDs in league i believe) and although he didn't break 1000 yards....I'm surprised the Jay/CC combo was able to accomplish what it did. Other then CC....Jay had no one to throw to deeper then 10-15 yards as he was throwing to CC, McMichael and Ricky the whole time. I agree his deep ball is avg. AT BEST, but....i think he's smart enough to know when to take chances more downfield if he knows his receiver can break free or isn't doubled up on all the time. You can't post 'deep' plays if you only throw 2 deep balls a game. Yeah, I know....Norv wouldn't call deep plays cuz Jay sucks deep.....well....I wouldn't want Peyton throwing deep alot either if he only had 2 WRs and one could never break free and the other was always double-covered.

.....just trying to provide a little different perspective is all.

Hey Mods,

What's the record for the largest thread in FinHeaven history? This one's got to be getting close.

Heck i dont know, but i will shoot, and be part of the record. I feel if there is a better player to be had then we should cut Jay. That being said,the player would have to be a proven guy who could come in and fit the fins and not break the bank this yr.Dolfanreal69

There is only one guy who could fit that description IMHO: Kurt Warner. Collins just doesn't have the experience doing what we do. Both guys are statues who would be in real trouble if the line has troubles, but at least Warner knows our likely system...

Now I know that Feeley has not been as sharp as Fiedler during these camps, but as time goes by he will shine. Fiedler will be history by mid season, guaranteed! I know that it may not seem so now but just wait. Mark my words: AJ will make us all cheer this upcoming season.

:shakeno: Don't nod your heads! It's the truth.

I voted no only because I am so sick of discussing him. You mention his name in a thread and it gets 100 replies. I dream of the day when we don't have a goat...IE Jay and Dave are gone.

fairbanksb said:
I voted yes. Pretty simple. We need a backup and he knows the offense. If Feeley proves to be the guy then Jay can go next year.

Ditto... :(

Back
Top Bottom