• No.

Votes: 93 39.9%
  • Uncertain.

Votes: 19 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by Asphyx

Right they are known...They suck!

You think Top 10 QBs suck now? They're the known quantities. For every Tom Brady or Brett Favre, you have the McNairs, Mannings, McNabbs, Bledsoes, and Vicks. The yield for unknowns is low enough that you don't just go out and hope to hit the lottery. This goes double when you don't have one of the renowned QB creating systems. That's why we took Feeley from one of those systems, after all.

Lets stop crudding up the roster with KNOWN SUCKS and start getting in PROMISING UNKNOWNS...
A Promising UNKOWN can't be that much worse than a KNOWN SUCK!

See...this is where we have gotten to. This is our most fundamental point of contention. I won't argue too much if you want to suggest Jay sucks, but he is talented enough for me to not do what you suggest. I find it to be reckless. I don't think either of us is going to budge.

Do you only watch game you KNOW they won? your GMing froma frightened perspective...your more concerned about knowing what you will get than you are about sucking another year...

That's not what I'm suggesting at all. I want improvement, but I also want a safety net. That's what I think we have potential for with AJ and Jay. I think we could improve our chances with AJ, Jay, and somebody else replacing Sage.

Again so afraid of the unknown you want to cut a guy you have invested 2 years and haven't tested out yet in favor of a guy you have test driven for 4 years and has failed because he doesn't have the attibutes needed to succeed!

See, this is another point of contention. You seem to think that Sage is this unknown who I guess just hangs out and cashes a paycheck. I think the coaches have seen what Sage can do and are not impressed.

Funny but wasn't Sage supposed to be the guy who was going to be the replacement for Jay? Well when do you give him a chance to compete?

That is what he has been doing, and he has come up lacking. Otherwise, the team would likely be comfortable getting rid of Jay. That's enough for me to decide he should go if we can find somebody with promise.

And why not? Jay HAS failed...Sage has not...

Jay has succeeded in that he starts. Sage has failed in that he hasn't taken the job from Jay over that two year period. Are you really suggesting that if Sage was better than Jay, the team would keep him out of the action? I again state that if this is your opinion of the team, we have far greater problems than who is starting at QB.

We would still be a 10-6 team without jay...

See, this is another point of contention. I don't think Huard, Lucas, or Griese (when behind a line like the 2003 one) could lead this team to 10-6. That is Jay's value in my eyes.

Are you one of those people that has to get hit in the head with a hammer for half a decade before you realize HEY that hurts!

Why do you invite me to say snarky things about how I must be since I'm arguing with you?

Name the year Dan had a top 5 defense OR a 1800+ yard rusher and get back to us about how much he didn't do for us...

Hmm...1983...1990...1998...1999 (if you consider both yardage and points). Where is the trophy?

As far as rushing goes, the 1800 yard back is why we wouldn't need a Marino. Dan did get 1000+ from Karim in 1996, but there still wasn't a trophy.

Finally, it's important to note that Jay went 7-3 the one year he had 1800 yards from Ricky. I'm not blaming anybody for 7-3 and a broken bone injury.

I can't believe how big this thread has become. I never thought it would generate so much discussion. :eek:

I still say that Jay should go!

Freeman knows the system, so I think he has the edge.

Ha! Finally this thread died. it was four pages down and...then..... Oops! :escape:

Here is some facts why Fiedler Flop should not be the starting QB.
He will never take a team to the super bowl.

Here is his 2003 stats for the 4th quarter.

45.3% completion, 1TD,7INTS, and the best one he had was a QB rating of 23.0

With stats like that he deserves to sit on the bench.

Originally posted by 4THand10
Here is some facts why Fiedler Flop should not be the starting QB.
He will never take a team to the super bowl.

Here is his 2003 stats for the 4th quarter.

45.3% completion, 1TD,7INTS, and the best one he had was a QB rating of 23.0

With stats like that he deserves to sit on the bench.

I guess 2003 didn't suck so badly that we basically need a new OLine this year. That's the only conclusion I can make for you singling out 2003 instead of looking at other years. :rolleyes:

I understand you guys not wanting Jay to start. What I don't get is why you feel the need to trump up justifications like this.

Originally posted by Jimmy James

I guess 2003 didn't suck so badly that we basically need a new OLine this year. That's the only conclusion I can make for you singling out 2003 instead of looking at other years. :rolleyes:

I understand you guys not wanting Jay to start. What I don't get is why you feel the need to trump up justifications like this.

Okay I will put the Flops 4th quater stats from the 2002 season up.There not much better.And rember the OL in 2002 was the line that blocked for Ricky's 1853yds rushing.

The Flops 2002 4th quarter stats

57.7% completion, 1td and 4ints and a QB rating of 52.7

The Flop is definetly not a QB you want going into the 4th quarter with.

Here is also the Flops stats when going into the 4th quarter within 7 points.

2003 4th quarter within 7

44.9% completion, 1td 6ints /QB rating of 27.3
-----------------------------------------------------------------

2002 4th quarter within 7

56.6% completion, 1td 4ints /QB rating of 44.7

With those stats you better hope the Fins have a lead going into the 4th quarter because the Flop sure isn't going to win with any late drive comebacks.

Back
Top Bottom