Positives from game ?? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from game ??

Chase Allen & Hull played their behinds off...Kiko was amazing today.

KIKO STUNK
and Chase played 14 snaps

Mike Hull - forced into a major role - held up in the running game, he allowed all nine passes thrown against him to be caught for 95 yards. The targets, receptions and yards allowed were all the most for any linebacker in coverage for Week 2.

Hull has no right starting at MLB...Hopefully Timmons gets his head on straight and Hull
gets to sit the bench where he belongs

I'm not so sure about these PFF grades. Especially when it comes to their coverage analysis. I'd hold off on judging Howard.

Take away the grades and he was targeted more than any corner in week 2
and allowed more receptions than any corner in week 2

Take away the grades and he was targeted more than any corner in week 2
and allowed more receptions than any corner in week 2

Again, once the coaches tape is out, I'm interested to see it for myself. PFF has a long history of coverage ID and assignment errors. Meaning, I believe it's quite possible they failed to ID who was actually responsible for who. We'll see.

KIKO STUNK

Mike Hull - forced into a major role - held up in the running game, he allowed all nine passes thrown against him to be caught for 95 yards. The targets, receptions and yards allowed were all the most for any linebacker in coverage for Week 2.

Hull has no right starting at MLB...Hopefully Timmons gets his head on straight and Hull

I have to think that if Timmons returns, he'll play SLB in base and MLB in nickel, keeping Hull at MLB in base but being substituted out for passing packages.

Reshad jones will keep maxwell in check. He did it yesterday too when maxwell stayed on the tight end instead of flowing out to the wr Allen on a 3rd and short.

Lit him up verbally
The football world is a better place for having Rashad Jones in it. I love that he's a Dolphin.

KIKO STUNK

Could not have said it better.

Hull was exposed in the worse way by San Diego. They quickly found out he could not keep up with Melvin Ingram in the flat, and they kept going to it until they switched Kiko to the Mike, which was only a slight improvement but Kiko played bad overall. Timmons' absence was missed in a BIG way.

Could not have said it better.

Hull was exposed in the worse way by San Diego. They quickly found out he could not keep up with Melvin Ingram in the flat, and they kept going to it until they switched Kiko to the Mike, which was only a slight improvement but Kiko played bad overall. Timmons' absence was missed in a BIG way.

Dude . . . Alonso never played Mike.

Dude . . . Alonso never played Mike.

Ok. If he wasn't moved to Mike than I misinterpreted. If I'm wrong, than Iam. But he was covering Melvin Gordon in the flat after Hull was being abused. I guess they changed up the scheme, but some kind of change was made because Hull stopped covering the flat in the second half.

Ok. If he wasn't moved to Mike than I misinterpreted. If I'm wrong, than Iam. But he was covering Melvin Gordon in the flat after Hull was being abused. I guess they changed up the scheme, but some kind of change was made because Hull stopped covering the flat in the second half.

An offenses' strength is usually determined by the TE. IOW, the RB doesn't not dictate alignment and a route to the flats can be covered by the WLB. Also in a nickel package that is where the MLB will be aligned over (the TE) so again the RB can leak to the flats and will be the responsibility of the CB, WLB, or even SS, if opposite the TE's alignment.

I guess I am not as high on Cutler's performance as some. He was average at best. I expected more from an 11 year vet who is running the same offense with that arm and best weapons of his career. But it was only the first game I suppose.

Check downs to Jarvis and jumpballs...

If you need a receiver to bail you out on 50/50 balls, and that's the best thing you bring to the table... anyone can lob it up to DVP.

The real story is AJAYI. He looks as if he didnt miss a beat from last year, if not better.

He MUST STAY HEALTHY.

Glad we got the W above all!

Parker intercepting Jay Cutler lol

I shudder to think how badly this play would have worked out if that pass was to Mike Wallace. Pick 6? Pick 6 with the intercepter running through Jay Cutler, injuring his throwing arm so he was out for the season?

Meanwhile Mike Wallace would have stopped running halfway through that route, walked to the sidelines, and ordered a taco.

Can we please just part ways with maxwell. I am so tired of seeing him 6 yards away from his guy when he makes the catch. He's not worth the 2 decent games he'll give us.
Put the wr screens away.
We shouldn't keep using the excuse that we're rusty from the game being cancelled...etc. Tampa went through the same thing and didn't look befuddled. Cred to gase for admitting he coached poorly bc bought did he. I have no doubt he'll fix it.

God help us if we lose parker or ajayi. Those two are scary for D's.

If you find me another defender on this team that wasn't 6 yards away from the receiver when they caught the ball I will cosign this. There wasn't a contested reception that whole game. River's either missed completely or it was caught. You can't blame one guy when it was everyone. I would have to assume that was the game plan...I can't imagine why it was the game plan, but it had to be.

Back
Top Bottom