Positives from game ?? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from game ??

How about another season and this team still finds ways to stay competitive or find a way to come out on top at the end of games. This culture of winning under Gase started last year and today proved to be here to stay. It's been a long time since you could always count Miami in till the end instead of bitter hope that some sort of miracle occurred. These aren't miracles anymore, they're proving to be the new culture.

How about another season and this team still finds ways to stay competitive or find a way to come out on top at the end of games. This culture of winning under Gase started last year and today proved to be here to stay. It's been a long time since you could always count Miami in till the end instead of bitter hope that some sort of miracle occurred. These aren't miracles anymore, they're proving to be the new culture.

I hear that and can see where you're coming from, kinda. The opposition missed a game winning field goal after driving 54 yards in 1 minute, so I'd say a little miracle or luck or whatever you want to call it was a welcome factor in today's game. A win's a win, no doubt, but to expect to keep pulling out wins like these shouldn't be relied on.

Parker intercepting Jay Cutler lol

I think at this point, it is fair to say that even when the throw is lousy, the decision to throw to Devante Parker in a 1on1 means it's a pretty safe toss.

Parker just needs to keep channeling that, and it won't matter who is out there throwing the football. When teams show 1on1 against him, the quarterback knows he has somewhere to go.

Miami was two weeks removed from the preseason. The chargers got to start the season with everyone else and got closer to season form, while the starters for Miami have seen the field since week three of the preseason. All of that and Miami was down two linebackers and their starting QB, it was like giving the Chargers a handicap. Before we start to freak, let's just see how the season progresses. This is still somewhat of a different system that was ran in Chicago so it will still take time for cutler to learn all the ins and outs. Just remember, they found a way to win, just like last year

Miami was two weeks removed from the preseason. The chargers got to start the season with everyone else and got closer to season form, while the starters for Miami have seen the field since week three of the preseason. All of that and Miami was down two linebackers and their starting QB, it was like giving the Chargers a handicap. Before we start to freak, let's just see how the season progresses. This is still somewhat of a different system that was ran in Chicago so it will still take time for cutler to learn all the ins and outs. Just remember, they found a way to win, just like last year

It's exactly the same. Verbiage and all.

Many positives.

My favorite? When the Chargers kicker missed the field goal at the end the camera cut to Cutler with the biggest ****-eating grin I've seen in some time.

It takes years and years of practice to hone a ****-eating grin that strong. Years of stealing other guys girls, years of shrugging when your fans are going ballistic, years of yelling "don't care" to fans at urinals. And now we have it on our team.

I now want to go undefeated just so we can see that incredibly smug look on Jay Cutlers face week to week. After years of uptight, choir boy John Beck wooden-type QBs, we have an entertaining douchebag back there.

Very pleased. :)
Ah I love your sarcasm. Made me lol a couple times in here.

I think at this point, it is fair to say that even when the throw is lousy, the decision to throw to Devante Parker in a 1on1 means it's a pretty safe toss.

Parker just needs to keep channeling that, and it won't matter who is out there throwing the football. When teams show 1on1 against him, the quarterback knows he has somewhere to go.

Yeah but that single high is all about the Ajayi threat and it will go away without him

Pouncey looked good out there...
Jordan Phillips did his job.
Grant with the nice return at the end.
X howard played solid.
William Hayes played very strong
Our kicker made good on the switch today

Yes we heard from many on here and other places that the Dolphins would lose more games this year because those close games last season would not bounce our way this season.

Run defense despite Timmons going AWOL - Young guys stepping up!
J Cutler's play was a breath of fresh air... willing to throw those 50/50 balls so WR's can make a play
Parker and the WR's were great!
Run game was great and Cutler stayed clean - thanks offensive line!
No Turnovers

Would like to see us take more shots down field... it's coming though.
Would also like to see us get more pressure, I saw Cam wake stunting to the inside entirely too much... do what you do and come off the edge screaming!
Our secondary man... I understand you don't want to get beat deep, but they were basically giving them slants and outs all day long.

remember, Jtrain only had 1 100 yard game last year outside of his 3 200 yard games. so getting 100 out of the gate is a big positive. I didnt expect it because I felt the oline would be worse this season. Lets hope Pouncy stays healthy.

How about Chase Allen! Made plays in the backfield

Well said. Lots of positives from OLine and the running game yesterday. Watching the running Ajayi on that last drive and getting nice chunks was fun.

When Cutler gets a little more comfortable, and the long passes start coming easier, the Dolphins running game could really take off.

For a team whose starters haven't played meaningful snaps in 2+ weeks I thought they did well.

Cutler seems to show he can hopefully be more than a bus driver. Ajayi putting up 128 yards. Parker continuing to grow into a #1 freak wide receiver.

Defense did well, for how green our linebacker core is.

Got lucky that Chargers love to blow 4th quarter comebacks, but a win is a win.

Back
Top Bottom