Positives from game ?? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from game ??

I don't think you can talk about the positives with out talking about this team overcoming adversity. 6 weeks ago our qb was retired, our MLB was a no show, a hurricane made this team escape its home, and the rust that had to come with missing week 1, but we get a road win against a not great but not bad Charger team. This is the ultimate team sport and these guys came together to overcome all that, and win a game most didn't think they could.

The biggest X and O positive was we stopped the run and could run the ball. The next would be zero turn overs, pretty impressive with a qb making his first start for this team. Teams that stop he run, can run, and don't the ball over win in the NFL.

28 carries for Ajayi give him a couple days off this week.

We got to ride that horse all season long.

I hope next week Gase lets off Jay a little bit. He's a monster but even he needs a break, 28 carries is a little higher than I'd give him.

Give the ball to Drake a little more, Williams even. Let Jay get some breaks. Luckily he wasn't getting hit hard at all.

DVP is coming. He's an absolute freak and will only get better, he's going to be so fun to watch.

X Howard was decent, but I expected better. Although those charger WRs are smooth route runners. CB is still a need with Maxwell there.

Jones looked better than game 3 of preseason. FS spot is still a hole and I'm praying for Derwin James until the end of time.

Hull is instinctive as heck and makes our run D a little better than with him not there, I don't mind the idea of cutting Rey now and letting Hull start at Mike, and pray Timmons returns to man the nickel.

OL played well against JJ Watt Jr, but like others have said the run and quick passing game saved thebOLnfrom getting abused by him and Melvin. Run blocking was great. Pouncey is such a difference maker. But it's getting time we may need to talk about Tunsil, he's yet to look good at LT. something to watch for.

Cutler played a darn good game. Very controlled and accurate. If we can get that for 15 games this team will be fine offensively.

Expect a heavy 2018 defensive oriented offseason (with hopefully my crush Derwin James as our FS for a decade)

Gase may just be .... crazy like a fox. Sure, it was vanilla. But, the net result was zero turnovers. We were in a tough situation, on the road against a good team. You have a new QB who played like a dozen snaps in preseason. One or two mistakes, and we lose. Gase kept us in comfortable situations.

We may air it out down the line sometime. But, that would make more sense as continuity is built with offensive personnel and not just the QB working with receivers but also on the offensive line.

As for the idea of winning close games, yesterday's win reminded me how we won under another coach...Don Shula. In 30 years of coaching he had two losing years. His rosters came and went, and he'd keep having respectable teams if not big winners. Sample size is small, but I think that's what we are seeing now. Because, if we played it differently yesterday, we may have lost.

As for SD they have good talent, really across most of their units. Gordon, Rivers, the receivers, great pass rush, solid elsewhere. I won't be surprised if they are on the rise. I think that's a win to be proud of. Bottom line, Miami got it done.

Can we please just part ways with maxwell. I am so tired of seeing him 6 yards away from his guy when he makes the catch. He's not worth the 2 decent games he'll give us.
Put the wr screens away.
We shouldn't keep using the excuse that we're rusty from the game being cancelled...etc. Tampa went through the same thing and didn't look befuddled. Cred to gase for admitting he coached poorly bc bought did he. I have no doubt he'll fix it.

God help us if we lose parker or ajayi. Those two are scary for D's.

Gase may just be .... crazy like a fox. Sure, it was vanilla. But, the net result was zero turnovers. We were in a tough situation, on the road against a good team. You have a new QB who played like a dozen snaps in preseason. One or two mistakes, and we lose. Gase kept us in comfortable situations.

We may air it out down the line sometime. But, that would make more sense as continuity is built with offensive personnel and not just the QB working with receivers but also on the offensive line.

As for the idea of winning close games, yesterday's win reminded me how we won under another coach...Don Shula. In 30 years of coaching he had two losing years. His rosters came and went, and he'd keep having respectable teams if not big winners. Sample size is small, but I think that's what we are seeing now. Because, if we played it differently yesterday, we may have lost.

As for SD they have good talent, really across most of their units. Gordon, Rivers, the receivers, great pass rush, solid elsewhere. I won't be surprised if they are on the rise. I think that's a win to be proud of. Bottom line, Miami got it done.

They aired it out yesterday. In the second half Cutler threw six passes of over 20 yards in the air. Ryan Tannehill's average number of such passes per half in 2016 was 1.5.

I know it's only one game, and a game they squeezed a win out. But to me the o-line was the biggest positive of the game. Especially when you consider the platoon or shuffling at left guard during the game. Mike Pouncey showed why, when he's healthy, he's irreplaceable!!! I'm expecting big things as they gain continuity with each other. Forrester is a good coach. He's getting the most out of them. If they continue to play like this Ajayi will have a huge season; and the WR's will benefit. You saw that yesterday. They all played big!!! In spite of the conservative calls.

They aired it out yesterday. In the second half Cutler threw six passes of over 20 yards in the air. Ryan Tannehill's average number of such passes per half in 2016 was 1.5.

That was my biggest gripe with the offense last year, not enough intermediate throws and not enough throws outside the numbers.

He threw that thing fading away with pin point accuracy.

He throws fading away a lot.

Parker with a redunkulous catch.

We got real lucky his leg wasn't planted in the turf on that low hit end of half ball vs cover 2. His knee would have blown up

Reshad jones will keep maxwell in check. He did it yesterday too when maxwell stayed on the tight end instead of flowing out to the wr Allen on a 3rd and short.

Lit him up verbally

Cutlers throwing mechanics are not as clean as Tannys but I do love the fact he will give his WRs a chance. A riot would have broke out if Parker would have gotten injured on the Addae hit.

Xavien Howard was solid

Cornerback Xavien Howard was targeted a league-high 13 times in Week 2 and allowed a league-high 10 receptions for 87 yards, including a key one on San Diego’s final drive that ended with a missed field goal. His overall grade of 46.8 ranked 62nd among all cornerbacks for week two.

Cornerback Xavien Howard was targeted a league-high 13 times in Week 2 and allowed a league-high 10 receptions for 87 yards, including a key one on San Diego’s final drive that ended with a missed field goal. His overall grade of 46.8 ranked 62nd among all cornerbacks for week two.

I'm not so sure about these PFF grades. Especially when it comes to their coverage analysis. I'd hold off on judging Howard.

Back
Top Bottom