Positives from game ?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from game ??

Jay ajayi monster effort
Dvp one on one is your funeral
Charles Harris that kid played well today in his reps. Multiple walk backs to the qb nice stunt or twist hit on rivers.
Entire dline in the run game played well.
Adam gase for letting cutler play in the second half.
Cody Harkey who kicks with a much better vertical trajectory than our prior kicker did.
The football gods for letting us get away with that disaster nickel lb situation.

Nice, many here thought Haris sucked. I caught one waLk back and the one hit. Thought he did fine.

Nice, many here thought Haris sucked. I caught one waLk back and the one hit. Thought he did fine.

Got slapped his first snap up field on a run that got sprung all about getting up field. Taking advantage of aggressiveness.

Showed well outside of that play. Bull rush was on point and the twist hit was timely.

He played well.

That nickel lb situation be damn glad we had them behind the sticks cause that was an easy 8 yards of dump ISO in man coverage. What should have been 5 turned into 8 cause hull can't do do the job. No damn way I'm cutting Timmons and playing 16 with that. Only took the chargers a day to decide to go after it.

Many positives.

My favorite? When the Chargers kicker missed the field goal at the end the camera cut to Cutler with the biggest ****-eating grin I've seen in some time.

It takes years and years of practice to hone a ****-eating grin that strong. Years of stealing other guys girls, years of shrugging when your fans are going ballistic, years of yelling "don't care" to fans at urinals. And now we have it on our team.

I now want to go undefeated just so we can see that incredibly smug look on Jay Cutlers face week to week. After years of uptight, choir boy John Beck wooden-type QBs, we have an entertaining douchebag back there.

Very pleased. :)

Miamis got you with dvp and Ajayi. It's pick your poison. You put 7 in the box im gonna run it down your throats you put 8 I'm playing above the rim with dvp.

And Julius Thomas did what we need him to do.

Add in juice making stick plays and miamis a serious problem if the qb takes care of the football and gase let's him play.

Judging from highlights only, plus the box score....

* Jay Ajayi's 122 yards rushing has to be a positive.
* DaVante Parker made an outstanding catch on a play that could have been intercepted.
* The new place kicker was gold and he needed to be.
* Cutler looked good, but not great. His endzone miss costs the team four points, which could have been a factor if the San Diego kicker came through.
* Looks like the run defense did great.
* No turnovers.

*Two outstanding catches from Devante. He could literally be anything over the next couple years. Freak.

The way Adam gase called that first half I see literally no way we don't pay juice Landry.

He had him serving as cutlers binkie. Cutler threw behind him he caught multiple one handers and he's just way too valuable to Miami.

That kid can play for me any day. He dvp and Ajayi make Miami hell to defend

Ajayi and the the quick short passing game made our oline look a lot better than it is. Although Gase's playcalling was under some heat, it helped limit the pass rush pressure.

Ajayi and the the quick short passing game made our oline look a lot better than it is. Although Gase's playcalling was under some heat, it helped limit the pass rush pressure.

It's early but so far it looks like Cutler is not as efficient on deep throws as Tannehill was but I will accept that trade off with more throws outside the numbers and a more shots downfield.

Team effort. Right down to Drake's spectacular tackle near the end to pin them deep.

I just knew the Chargers would miss the FG. Hell, they probably wouldn't have even made the attempt if we don't call timeout. It's like Phillip Rivers' own personal nightmare.

Man, Bosa looked physically weird in that uniform.

Ajayi made that game plan work today. Let our defense collect themselves.

It's early but so far it looks like Cutler is not as efficient on deep throws as Tannehill was but I will accept that trade off with more throws outside the numbers and a more shots downfield.

I'm not a fan, but he has also had very little time to gel with the timing of all these new receivers so I'll give him that, for now.

I thought that was the worst coached game of Gase's career so far. He was way too overly conservative with his play calling, especially in the first half. There were not enough aggressive throws on first down after you already established Ajayi in the running game. He "settled" for a low percentage 54 yard field goal with his play calling with 1:10 to go in the game giving the Charges plenty of time to get in game winning field goal range against his shaky defense. And then the timeout at the end of the game was inexplicable. They couldn't have even iced the kicker with a timeout if they wanted to because they can't call back to back timeouts I believe. Overall, Gase had no business being the winning head coach in that game. It was a pathetic coaching job and this is coming from someone who loves him as head coach. It will be loved him in the past tense if he keeps coaching like that.

p.s. Kiko Alonso absolutely sucks.

I agree 100%!!! I like Adam Gase but he called an awful game, especially in the first half. And the timeout at the end of the game was inexcusable. I still do not know how we won that game but it was definitely inspite of Gase, not because of him. Too many more of these and not only will we lose, but he'll be looking for another team. I hope he takes this lucky win, learns from it, and coaches like we know he can from here on out.

The OL as a whole. James was excellent.

Agree on Ajayi's big run in the 1st quarter James absolute buried the DT. Drove him back 7 yards and pancaked him. Good to see the OL step up, it's amazing the difference a healthy Mike Pouncey makes.

Back
Top Bottom