Possible bump in the Fins road? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible bump in the Fins road?

You never know, because is a good qb, but I just don't think he is or will be the same qb again. He didn't have one, but two injuries and surgeries on his throwing shoulder. You could see the first one affected him with his velocity, and on top fo that another injury that happened. He had a an average arm to begin with so losing zip could be a big thing to him, whereas it wouldn't to strong armed qbs like Favre, Culpepper, Vick, Palmer, McNabb, etc. He's a smart qb, but no matter how smart he is, if he can't have adequate velocity on his throws or on the deeper ones, since the speed of the NFL is so fast. Even is Pennington throws to a guy that's wide open 15 yards out, with the lack of velocity, an NFL db will recover and will either break up the pass, or worse get in front of it and int, perhaps for 6.

Yes Pennington has arm problems. I seem to remember everyone questioning his arm strenght before and he came out and beat the Chargers in the playoffs. There is a good chance he will get hurt again. But isn't it a similar situation for Daunte. He totally tore up his knee. He could get hurt almost as easily as Pennington given that he not be as mobile as before.

Pennington could get hurt and still affect our season. We play them in our sixth game of the year. It is not unreasonable to say he could stay healthy through then and play the spoiler. Like someone has pointed out, he makes good decisions with the ball and is great in the red zone. Reminds me a lot of Jay Fiedler in that he just gets the job done. Look at the Chargers last year when they should have won their first game. Even the early games count when you have playoff ambitions.

Here is to hoping he isn't healthy or the Jets suck as much as most people think they will.

dplunk said:
I hear you guys. I agree that Coach Saban doesn't seem like the kind of coach who would let us overlook someone, especially a division rival. I am just saying that with Pennington at the helm, the Jets can be better than people expect.
Pennington isn't the only problem that the Jets have on offense.

The only ones underestimating any nfl team are the fans. I don't believe for a second that saban and the fins would go into a game unprepared.

The Jets don't have a running game. Their defense looks suspect and their offense scored what, a whopping 3 pts last week? Not worried about them.

That is the game of the year regardless of who's record is what. We never sleep on the J-E-T-S, it's impossible. I am not worried one bit about overlooking any of our opponents because Nick Saban is all about humillity. The players could care less now about the 6 game winning streak of last year. They are focused on what they have to do this year in order to succeed not what they accomplished last year.

I think the point is that Chad beat you guys last year when he was in worse shape, less zip, more injured.

This year, he has had more time to recover, is looking better and seems to have re-found his zip.

The running game, new defense are suspect but our defense was horrible last year so can't get much worse.

The running game, well... we are looking around.

BZ

i dont believe theyl be much a bump on the road but more like a challenge that we could take on and i highly doubt well look past it

With Mawae now gone, Zach is going to kill Pennington.

Pennington is soft. The Jets don't really concern me. However, I do agree that maybe our team is rated a little too high, too early. Nobody, is going to hand us victories and we got to get out of the gates well. We won six straight at the end of the year last year, but none were playoff teams, escept New England and they were playing backups the last week of the season. I like our talent and our coach, but I think a good start is a necessity.

The jets are in a heap of trouble.. albeit not nearly as bad as the bills.. but for some reason.. no matter where a team is in standings or building... division games are always tough.

Gatornation21 said:
J-E-T-S- SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They wont win 6 games this year, pennington will get hurt once again cause you cant be 100% with 2 torn rotator cuffs, the phins will win a close battle with the patsies for the afc east title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:refuse: :dolphins:

Still sticking by that quote?

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
Still sticking by that quote?

BZ

Good call, BZ. I want to see if those saying that we have "an exceptional coaching staff" will now revise their comments. And its okay to be wrong. I thought Saban was a good coach. But the facts bear out that hes a piece of horse excrement. And thats probably a horrible thing to say about horse excrement.

Back
Top Bottom