Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc) | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc)

4.51 pro day 40 for s marcus maye...probably equals out to a 4.58 combine time...4.58 for jarred davis probably a mid 4.6s which is good...33 1/2 inch vert for maye 38 inch for jarred davis which I believe leads his position group in terms of pure off the los lbs

at any rate jarred davis probably just booked himself a top 50 pick

forgot to add teez tabor around 4.7 which has murdered his stock

the bottom line is that cat is slow...gonna be a ton of zone only fit thoughts with that kid

marcus maye doesn't have the upside of some of the other safeties out there but I trust his gap fill to be correct more than I do a lot of the other options...and for Miami fill at safety is a scheme requirement

4.51 pro day 40 for s marcus maye...probably equals out to a 4.58 combine time...4.58 for jarred davis probably a mid 4.6s which is good...33 1/2 inch vert for maye 38 inch for jarred davis which I believe leads his position group in terms of pure off the los lbs

at any rate jarred davis probably just booked himself a top 50 pick

I think he and Reddick project as the best man-cover LB's in the draft. Injuries and instincts are my only concerns for Davis, and his instincts aren't poor - just less than ideal.

yeah davis can carry coverage down the seam underneath a guys hip that's for sure...and he's got gap fill and poa but his instincts are primary assignment primarily...he can sniff out a screen too...but the actual read and diag looks lacking and that's why I would never project him as an all pro type

all the true top shelf off the los lbs have high level instincts and feel for the position...

reuben foster doesn't have that level instincts either...but he masks it in college with speed to the football and not having to work thru traffic being the cleanest lb in the college game...but neither did alec ogletree and he's turned into a very solid if not brain fart at the wrong times prone lb...he pops on tape for his range and athleticism and flies to the football

Haven't heard many on here give much love for TJ Watt.....is it because he is not a good fit for our defense? is it the one year of production? He kinda reminds me of Clay Matthews. Seems like a guy that works his butt off and could be a good leader on defense. Thoughts on TJ watt?

Aaron Wilson‏Verified account @AaronWilson_NFL 27m27 minutes ago
More
Saints, Eagles, Dolphins showing interest in Richmond All-American defensive tackle Winston Craig

Haven't heard many on here give much love for TJ Watt.....is it because he is not a good fit for our defense? is it the one year of production? He kinda reminds me of Clay Matthews. Seems like a guy that works his butt off and could be a good leader on defense. Thoughts on TJ watt?

I think he'll be a top-10 pick if his medical is fine. He has some similarities to Matthews (plays like his hair is on fire), but he's bigger, stronger, and an even better athlete - though not as fast in a straight line. I hear the people who say he's not a perfect fit, and I agree that he'd be best served in a 3-4 or 4-3 Under, but I'd have a hard time passing on his skill set. Jordan Willis would make it easier.

Saw that Njoku improved his vert to 40". Not that he was before, or that he'd be the best pick, but he's not lasting until 22.

Saw that Njoku improved his vert to 40". Not that he was before, or that he'd be the best pick, but he's not lasting until 22.

I'm counting up all the players people are saying won't be there at 22 and I'm up to about 30. Lol. I hear what you're saying but I'm just sayin'...

Don't know what the official times were but Omar Kelly had Njoku at 4.49 in his 1st 40 and 4.58 in the 2nd, Corn Elder at 4.45 1st and 4.36 2nd (which is a big improvement over the combine) and Stacy Coley at 4.33 and 4.35...Coley seems to be the forgotten man but that kid can play.

Supposedly just ran a 4.48 40. Even if you add a sec because it's "just" a pro day that's an improvement over his combine performance, and more indicative of what you see on the field.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Don't know what the official times were but Omar Kelly had Njoku at 4.49 in his 1st 40 and 4.58 in the 2nd, Corn Elder at 4.45 1st and 4.36 2nd (which is a big improvement over the combine) and Stacy Coley at 4.33 and 4.35...Coley seems to be the forgotten man but that kid can play.

Nice numbers for Coley. Somebody is gonna get a steal with him IMHO.

Def have to take the 40s in context, but I like all three of those players. Coley, for me, is with the Michigan WR's, Carlos Henderson, and Isaiah Ford, among a few others, as nice mid-round WR's with good upside. I wouldn't mind Miami using one of their 5th RD picks on WR if one of those players falls.

Def have to take the 40s in context, but I like all three of those players. Coley, for me, is with the Michigan WR's, Carlos Henderson, and Isaiah Ford, among a few others, as nice mid-round WR's with good upside. I wouldn't mind Miami using one of their 5th RD picks on WR if one of those players falls.

Isiah Ford is a damn good FB player. Another sleeper WR pick in this draft. Good eye.

5th round is where he's been rated. He's a legit deep threat player with good size. His route running still needs work but he gets separation off the LOS and he can make tough catches in traffic. He'll be a nice late round addition for someone.

I'd take a crack at one of those speedy receivers in the 5th round if it means replacing Jakeem Grant on punt return duties. I'm in favor of Drake as the lone kick returner. I'd rather the 5th WR spot be a receiver with actual potential as a receiver. Grant can't even field a punt much less be counted on to run routes and catch the football.

Back
Top Bottom