Post ur picks for who wins Heisman trophy this year. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post ur picks for who wins Heisman trophy this year.

AirFishOne said:
I was not aware of how Tebow's talent, for that i aplogize, I misundersttod some posts i guess considering some ppl think Leak will do good in Meyers system

about AD I kno i include those 2 greats, I will never put anyone above Barry Sanders, but I beleive he is absolutley a top 5 back in that time frame

Where was Adrians numbers last year from the year before.

AirFishOne said:
I was not aware of how Tebow's talent, for that i aplogize, I misundersttod some posts i guess considering some ppl think Leak will do good in Meyers system

about AD I kno i include those 2 greats, I will never put anyone above Barry Sanders, but I beleive he is absolutley a top 5 back in that time frame

I've never seen anyone on here say Leak is a good fit for Meyer's system, cause thats just flat out wrong. Leak is not a runner, never will be. Meyer's system needs a dual-threat QB, which Tebow is.

Peterson is no where near that status yet, lets see if he can even come close to his freshman numbers again before we put him up there with the greats. I like him, but he's got alot to prove after last year.

It will come down to Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson

Adrian Peterson will win because WR's never do unless they are also a kick returner or something :(

Perfect23 said:
Mine our

Brady Quinn-ND

Darius Walker-ND

Troy Smith-Ohio State

Paul Puslowski-Penn State

Dwanye Jarret if he gets to play this year-USC

and My sleeper pick is Kyle Wright-Miami

Guys and Gals ur picks.

As a Penn State fan, I have to admit Posluszny has no shot at the heisman. While he will most likely be fully healthy this year, he is coming off a knee injury that could hamper his lateral movement. But more importantly the talent around him is a step down from last year which will probably effect his performance.

And also as a Penn State fan, I don't see Troy Smith getting close to a heisman either, but that could just be my homerism kicking in. And I really don't see anyone else in the Big Ten finishing in the top 5 in the heisman.

The trophy is Brady Quinns to lose, and if he does it will probably go to Peterson.

Perfect23 said:
Where was Adrians numbers last year from the year before.

14 starters (offense and defense) went to the NFL

3 of the linemen graduated, 2 other players competing for the starting o line job quit after spring, leaving AD to 2 returners and the rest were freshman.

add that and Rhett Bomar and a young reciving core and u have all defenses keying on Peterson. plus he got hurt and sat out for the most of 4 games and yet he still led the Big XII in rushing (besides brad smith) yes the same conference with almighty Texas :shakeno:

I dont think Reggie Bush would of done good in that situation honestly

Motion said:
I've never seen anyone on here say Leak is a good fit for Meyer's system, cause thats just flat out wrong. Leak is not a runner, never will be. Meyer's system needs a dual-threat QB, which Tebow is.

Peterson is no where near that status yet, lets see if he can even come close to his freshman numbers again before we put him up there with the greats. I like him, but he's got alot to prove after last year.

Oh I see, thx for the info, didnt know Tebow was much of a runner

another florida fan on here, i forget his name, i remeber he said Leak would flurish in his system, o well i guess we all have opinions

another question, is there a chance Leak might sit, if this Tebow kid is as good as you say?

AirFishOne said:
14 starters (offense and defense) went to the NFL

3 of the linemen graduated, 2 other players competing for the starting o line job quit after spring, leaving AD to 2 returners and the rest were freshman.

add that and Rhett Bomar and a young reciving core and u have all defenses keying on Peterson. plus he got hurt and sat out for the most of 4 games and yet he still led the Big XII in rushing (besides brad smith) yes the same conference with almighty Texas :shakeno:

I dont think Reggie Bush would of done good in that situation honestly

Why cause he didn't play for Oklahoma.

AirFishOne said:
im still mortified that probably the GREATEST running back in the last 25-30 years wasnt mentioned.....or mayb im just a mindless redneck okie who dont kno no betta...:boohoo:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

My guess is this kid. He already seems to be the frontrunner, but a lot can happen between now and then...
clear.gif

Brian Brohm and Kyle Wright (if he has an o-line this year) are my undisputed sleeper picks.

The obvious include Peterson and Quinn

Ginn and Smith got to be considered . . Calvin Johnson and Jarret might have a huge years, but will be tuff for them to win it at solely WR.

Michael Bush is another guy, but since him and Brohm are in the Big East they probably wont get serious consideration unless they go undefeated.

Of course we will have a few names sneak up this year . . the RB (Charles??) from Texas, a USC guy, and don't count out the Michigan boys (Hart and Henne), maybe the Notre Dame RB (Walker), man its almost impossible to think about.

Perfect23 said:
Why cause he didn't play for Oklahoma.

what the heck man? I try to apologize for kinda gettin angry and you continue to pile this stuff on? Reggie Bush was a great player, Adrian Peterson is a great player, Reggie Bush had one of the best o-lines last year, he also played on a team full of superstars and future NFL talent, AD lost all that after his freshman year, but he slowly regaining the supporting cast needed to be great again.

So what im really tryin to say is...stop hating!!!!!!

Adrian Peterson > Reggie Bush

Adrian will be by far the better pro running back....and im not a fan of either team

AirFishOne said:
what the heck man? I try to apologize for kinda gettin angry and you continue to pile this stuff on? Reggie Bush was a great player, Adrian Peterson is a great player, Reggie Bush had one of the best o-lines last year, he also played on a team full of superstars and future NFL talent, AD lost all that after his freshman year, but he slowly regaining the supporting cast needed to be great again.

So what im really tryin to say is...stop hating!!!!!![/quote]

Whats there to hate.

Back
Top Bottom