Pouncey wants to be released | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey wants to be released

Gase appreciated what Pouncey brought to the table. In Gase's eyes Pouncey has been one of the most consistent players on the team and a guy that actually does his job. He has said so many times, including the end of last season. For this to happen now....I see three possibilities of lead up:

1) Despite Gase liking Pouncey's work, Pouncey did not like Gase's decisions this offseason, and perhaps how he started running the team as 2017 progressed. Figured if he is going to stay he wants more money. Sees other guys getting guaranteed cash. Miami says no chance. Pouncey has an "excuse" to leave.

2) Miami asked him to take a pay cut. Perhaps to make room for Sitton. Pouncey wasn't having that "nonsense", felt disrespected, and was out.

3) Gase likes Pouncey, but not at his current price. Straight up didn't want to pay him what they had been.

REGARDLESS.....many here will rejoice, for on this day...on this day...the Fin known as Pouncey was no more.

I am not overjoyed with this move. He was still a decent center in the league. Our OLine is not flush with talent to just kick Pouncey to the curb. It creates another hole. However, I am really glad that we can now get a center that will actually be able to practice with the OLine every day. Build that chemistry and brotherhood everyday on that practice field together. This does increase my interest in Nelson now. Snagging Sitton and plopping Nelson in line would really help out a guy like Larsen.

"At first, Pouncey said he had been asked Thursday morning to take a pay cut. But then Pouncey explained that he had actually wanted a raise in a long-term deal, but that was declined."

I can't believe he would ask that given how bad his body is. lol

Kick in the nuts to Gase. My guess is they want him to play for the Less and he said up yours. Plus he see some of the dollars were going out to free agents and want some, can't blame him for that but nice having you here in good luck in the future.

Kick in the nuts to Gase is more like a blessing in disguise

"At first, Pouncey said he had been asked Thursday morning to take a pay cut. But then Pouncey explained that he had actually wanted a raise in a long-term deal, but that was declined."

I can't believe he would ask that given how bad his body is. lol

Probably more of a guaranteed money plea than a raise.

One tweak, a bad camp, anything . . . He could easily be cut. So I understand his plea and happy Miami did not comply.

Can't say I'm disappointed with this move........or the Landry move based on the money he was reported to be asking.

Back
Top Bottom