Prayers needed for Jim Kelly | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prayers needed for Jim Kelly

Does anyone know if he chewed tobacco? It sounds like he has some kind of oral cancer.

After witnessing the effects of cancer first hand, I just don't know how anyone can keep using tobacco products. Its a slow form of suicide, only with a gruesome battle near the end.

According to Kelly he never did...

Kelly, who neither smoked nor chewed tobacco, received his original diagnosis last spring and, on June 7, underwent surgery in which part of his jaw and a number of teeth were removed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...hpModule_a4df998e-86a7-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394

I remember seeing the story about his son on an NFL pre-game show years ago. It literally brought me to tears. I donated several times to the charity he set up for his son.

With all of the millions that are spent on cancer research, it's a wonder why we can't find something to wipe it out once and for all. I truly hope he gets through it.

I read that he did not smoke or chew tobacco but did smoke a pipe on occasion.
Does anyone know if he chewed tobacco? It sounds like he has some kind of oral cancer.

After witnessing the effects of cancer first hand, I just don't know how anyone can keep using tobacco products. Its a slow form of suicide, only with a gruesome battle near the end.

My parents smoke, my wife on occasion.. It pisses me off beyond belief! I hope those they contiune to play those smoking commercials on TV. You know the really nasty ones, so they all wake the f**k up!

My friends, this goes to show that life is so short. Make the best of it everyday. May God bless Jim Kelly and his family.

I read that he did not smoke or chew tobacco but did smoke a pipe on occasion.

My parents smoke, my wife on occasion.. It pisses me off beyond belief! I hope those they contiune to play those smoking commercials on TV. You know the really nasty ones, so they all wake the f**k up!

agree with, and feel for ya bro! don't know the lady's name.. but she did 3 stop smoking psa's.. the last was "in memoriam".

He looks pretty sick. If it's as bad as they say, I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone within the next month or two. Poor guy. Cancer sucks. Praying for a miracle, for his kids' sakes.

Skape.. we're the 3rd rock from the sun.. prob woulda been healthier being Martians

This didn't sound like skin cancer.

I think cancer in the US is mostly due to the toxins in our food supply, poor health choices and too much stress.

After watching a few docs on the agriculture and food industries it really opened my eyes to the way we poison ourselves without even being aware of it. You won't see me within 10 feet of a fast food joint these days. I've recently gone mostly veggie as well. No guarantees it cancer won't still strike me, buy at least it improves my chances.

I wish only the best for Jim and his family.
I too, remember how he carved us up many a time and he was the enemy back then.
Today he is the friend we all hope does the best he can with what time he has left.

So sad to see him like that. Cancer is a terrible disease. To those with the comments about his daughter, should be ashamed of themselves, you make the Fins fanbase look bad. Disgusting.

While praying seems pretty silly to me, I do wish him the best treatments that lead to remission. Get well, Jim.

Back
Top Bottom