Pro Day Workouts | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro Day Workouts

Flyer22 said:
Do you think Hagans will be drafted?

No not really, but at best we use one of our 7s on him and at worst we bring him in as an undrafted FA. Mularkey would have special pkgs for him.

SpeedRush99 said:
Not very impressive. I know Brick has really long arms but still.

I agree. There's something about Brick's game ... idk I'm not convinced he'll be all-world. He definitely has to get stronger. And as far as Lee, see what happens when you get that wanny stink imprinted on you. :D

Itsdahumidity said:
I agree. There's something about Brick's game ... idk I'm not convinced he'll be all-world. He definitely has to get stronger. And as far as Lee, see what happens when you get that wanny stink imprinted on you. :D

:lol: no kidding

Itsdahumidity said:
3/22
Virginia

OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson did 26 reps of 225 bench press and ran a 5.09 40.
His 40 time is close to what he ran at the Combine so no surprise there. The 26 reps are not really surprising because he does have long arms. Maybe this and the fact that he tends to be too upright in his drive blocks that some say his run blocking is suspect.

Iowa notables
Chad Greenway 6-2 3/8 240 ran his 40s in a respectable 4.58 and 4.62. He pulled his hamstring and didn't run the shuttles. He also had a 38-inch vertical and did 19 bench press reps.

Abdul Hodge 6-0 3/8 233 ran his 40s in 4.69 and 4.66. He also did 25 bench press reps.

Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota 6' 1/8" 215 ran 4.49 but did not run the shuttles or the 3-cone drill. He had a 35 1/2" vertical, 10' 3" broad jump and did 21 bench press reps.

Good numbers for Maroney. I wonder where he'll end up b/c I think the RB position league wide will be filled in 1rd one. He's not projected to go before l. white & d. williams, and maybe j. addai sneaks ahead of him. So someone may get lucky and snatch him 2nd-3rd.

Greenway only doing 19 reps is very disappointing. I like everything else about him but if he can't hold up at the point of attack then I'll pass. It's one thing to get out-muscled by lineman, but if you can't handle backs & receiving TEs ...

A. Hodge is a little light for an ILB for my tastes but he can hit! Those reps show he packs a punch, and plus he has a natural motor. If we could get a 2nd somehow I would pull the trigger.

Geforce said:
Iowa notables
Chad Greenway 6-2 3/8 240 ran his 40s in a respectable 4.58 and 4.62. He pulled his hamstring and didn't run the shuttles. He also had a 38-inch vertical and did 19 bench press reps.

Thats sad. Never been very high on him but even I wouldn't have expected that.

Itsdahumidity said:
Good numbers for Maroney. I wonder where he'll end up b/c I think the RB position league wide will be filled in 1rd one. He's not projected to go before l. white & d. williams, and maybe j. addai sneaks ahead of him. So someone may get lucky and snatch him 2nd-3rd.
His numbers were good but, at the moment, some are skeptical about his hamstring injury because is slow to heal. Where he goes depends on what White and Williams do at their Individual workouts in the coming weeks.
Greenway only doing 19 reps is very disappointing. I like everything else about him but if he can't hold up at the point of attack then I'll pass. It's one thing to get out-muscled by lineman, but if you can't handle backs & receiving TEs ...
Greenway is not the strongest but neither was Jason Taylor coming out of college. He can learn, if he doesn't already, to use leverage and angles to offset his lack of strength at the point of attack. Greenway has a lot of intangibles that is difficult to overlook. One plus for him is that he has played both inside and outside LB. I like that kind of versatility.
A. Hodge is a little light for an ILB for my tastes but he can hit! Those reps show he packs a punch, and plus he has a natural motor. If we could get a 2nd somehow I would pull the trigger.
Hodge is about the same size as Zach so that doesn't bother me. The question is, can he hold up in a 3-4 defense for an entire 16 NFL season.

Phishstix said:
va tech proday official results are out.

j. williams ran a 4.41, but had only a 33 in vertical, 6.69 3-cone drill, and 12 lifts.

j. lewis & m. vick stood on their combine numbers.

everyone else's numbers are here> http://nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#vatech
Disappointing. If this is any indication of his work effort during this critical time of the year for draft eligible players, then I'm not so sure I would draft him.
One other thing to consider, and this is far fetched, maybe he's doing this on purpose so that he won't be a high draft pick and end up going to a bad team.

Geforce said:
His numbers were good but, at the moment, some are skeptical about his hamstring injury because is slow to heal. Where he goes depends on what White and Williams do at their Individual workouts in the coming weeks.

Didn't know about his injury problems thx.

Greenway is not the strongest but neither was Jason Taylor coming out of college. He can learn, if he doesn't already, to use leverage and angles to offset his lack of strength at the point of attack. Greenway has a lot of intangibles that is difficult to overlook. One plus for him is that he has played both inside and outside LB. I like that kind of versatility.

good point.

Hodge is about the same size as Zach so that doesn't bother me. The question is, can he hold up in a 3-4 defense for an entire 16 NFL season.

He's going to be a good player because of his "want to" attitude.

Georgia Pro Day Notables:
Max Jean-Giles 6-3 3/4 343 did 31 reps on the bench press up from the 27 he did at the combine. His weight was also down from 355 because "I went back home (to Miami) and sweated in the damn sun."
Leonard Pope, 6'7" stood on his 4.62 at the combine and only did positional drills.
Greg Blue, 220 ran his 40s in 4.55 and 4.59 and the short shuttle in 4.32.
Demario Minter, 5'11" 185 ran his 40s in 4.48 and 4.53 and the short shuttle in 4.32.

Geforce said:
Georgia Pro Day Notables:
Max Jean-Giles 6-3 3/4 343 did 31 reps on the bench press up from the 27 he did at the combine. His weight was also down from 355 because "I went back home (to Miami) and sweated in the damn sun."
Leonard Pope, 6'7" stood on his 4.62 at the combine and only did positional drills.
Greg Blue, 220 ran his 40s in 4.55 and 4.59 and the short shuttle in 4.32.
Demario Minter, 5'11" 185 ran his 40s in 4.48 and 4.53 and the short shuttle in 4.32.

Glad to see Max got his weight down.

Who was a better bulldog Pope or McMike?

I think Blue may fall victim to a numbers game because there are several Safeties rated ahead of him. They can cover a little better although Blue does have the recovery speed you need. He's a big hitter who reminds me of R. Harrison :fire: but didn't make a lot of plays. If he falls ... Hey, every 2ndary needs an intimidator right? As it stands now who's ours?

I would take Cromartie, Richard Marshall or Danieal Manning before selecting Minter. Not to say Minter is a slouch (has great cover skills) but he doesn't come up with enough INTs. We just signed a CB who fits this mold in W. Allen so if Saban can get a better "playmaking prospect" I'll be happy.

Itsdahumidity said:
Who was a better bulldog Pope or McMike?

I think Blue may fall victim to a numbers game because there are several Safeties rated ahead of him. They can cover a little better although Blue does have the recovery speed you need. He's a big hitter who reminds me of R. Harrison :fire: but didn't make a lot of plays. If he falls ... Hey, every 2ndary needs an intimidator right? As it stands now who's ours?
Very good question but I think Pope was due to the fact that he was utilized more and made several All-SEC teams.

As far as our intimidator goes, the closest we have is Renaldo Hill, the newly signed safety from the Raiders.

Back
Top Bottom