Pro Days | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro Days

evidently joe adams was unable to improve on his 4.55 official 40 time at his pro day...

Tommy Streeter had a bad pro day. He stood on all his numbers from the combine but he did positional drills and ran poor routes and dropped a few balls.

Lee Chambers had a very good day. Not invited to the combine but he's a kid I really like. Came to Miami as a running back but moved over to corner a couple of years ago. Didn't get much of a chance to play under Randy Shannon but did play some last year as the 3rd corner. I think this kid would be great to get as an undrafted free agent to stash on the practice squad and coach him up to be a slot corner. He ran 4.41 in the 40, had a 40.5" vertical.
http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/030712aad.html

Streeter should have stayed another year.

Any news on Aldarius at the UM Pro Day? I heard he was allowed to participate despite being suspended for the year.

Streeter should have stayed another year.

Any news on Aldarius at the UM Pro Day? I heard he was allowed to participate despite being suspended for the year.
Didn't hear about the positional drills but I heard he ran in the low 4.4's in the 40...he sure didn't play that fast.

Didn't hear about the positional drills but I heard he ran in the low 4.4's in the 40...he sure didn't play that fast.

I seriously doubt that time. Last year in the spring he ran in the 4.7s. I'm waiting to get his 40 time from one of the Canes reporters.

Orson Charles is trying to go completely undrafted it appears. He hasn't done a single thing right since UGA's season ended. His entire process has been one disaster after another.

The last break he caught was when he shattered the Crystal Football that sits atop the Sears Trophy on his recruiting visit to Florida.

all those canes wrs are garbage...only canes who really interest me period are vernon and washington and washington i'm kinda meh on...

anyways...evidently fletcher cox lit up positional drills at his pro day...heavy top 10 momentum

weeden and blackmon today...i'll be interested in seeing if blackmon will run mid 4.5's or better...if he does i think he locks up a top 6 pick won't get by st louis wherever they end up trading out to

orson charles in straight up freefall...

whats the thought on sensabaugh the db from clemson??? i like his length and he's got some tools to work with...i'm intrigued as a mid round guy but i have a feeling that he looks better in drills than he does on tape

incidentally brandon thompson has dropped out of my top 50 bpa and andre branch never was in it to begin with...don't see the love affair with that kid that mayock and others seem to have

all those canes wrs are garbage...only canes who really interest me period are vernon and washington and washington i'm kinda meh on...

anyways...evidently fletcher cox lit up positional drills at his pro day...heavy top 10 momentum

weeden and blackmon today...i'll be interested in seeing if blackmon will run mid 4.5's or better...if he does i think he locks up a top 6 pick won't get by st louis wherever they end up trading out to

orson charles in straight up freefall...
Don't disagree with that. Although I like Washington a little more than you do, think he would be a very good RG.

Vernon improved on his 40 time from the combine. He ran 4.80 at the combine and 4.68 at the pro day. He can play with his hand in the dirt and I think he can play from a two point stance. Wouldn't be a bad guy to target in the middle rounds and he'd give us the versatility to switch fronts. At 6'3" 262 lbs he has the size.

i think there's some seriously untapped potential in vernon...the kind that if you get out of him as a pro you may well have yourself a player...middle rounds sounds right to me

i think washingtons also a middle round value who may come off the board in the 3rd round but i wouldn't do it...more a 4th round guy to me

whats the thought on sensabaugh the db from clemson??? i like his length and he's got some tools to work with...i'm intrigued as a mid round guy but i have a feeling that he looks better in drills than he does on tape

incidentally brandon thompson has dropped out of my top 50 bpa and andre branch never was in it to begin with...don't see the love affair with that kid that mayock and others seem to have

I like him. He's one of the top 15 CB's on my board, and there's usually about 30-35 CB's that get drafted. He has a nice feel for how routes develope... heady player.

He was 2nd in the ACC this year in PBU's for cornerbacks with 13. Kevin Steele liked to use him in the slot when facing multiple WR sets, although he played the field side corner in base defense. Played a lot of bump-and-run man coverage on the outside and shows the ability to turn and run with receivers easily. Always keeps his back to the sideline when blocked on perimeter runs and becomes the "force" player to redirect runners back inside to where the help is. That's the way you're coached to do it.

Shows good recovery speed when/if he misses the jam at the LOS. Likes to get his hands on receivers and doesn't look out of place if he has to get physical with a receiver.

There's definitely some skills there to work with and has plenty of raw talent to make a roster in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom