Proud of my Jets | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Proud of my Jets

not sure he said you'd be any worse. just that he thinks you won't make the playoffs.

I happen to agree. if you go 9-7 again, I don't think it'll happen.

But if you think about it, both you and W3 are right since 9-7 is a 2 game improvement over 7-7-2

not sure he said you'd be any worse. just that he thinks you won't make the playoffs.

I happen to agree. if you go 9-7 again, I don't think it'll happen.

Unfortunately it's a long, long offseason, and only time will tell.

:Gulp: The Jets had a great run in the offseason! Congrats to their team and fans...

Until the trash talking for next season begins.....

I'd be surprised if we don't make the playoffs next year. We lost a lot of close games this season with a rookie QB making a lot of mistakes. The defense really gelled at the end of the season for the first year in the system and Sanchez really seemed to turn a corner. We're also getting big Jenkins and Leon back.

To me it seems like we should be better on both sides of the ball, I'm not sure why you think we will be worse?
You could get the luxury of playing backups twice at the end of the season again, but I can't see it happening. 7-9 isn't going to get you in the playoffs, and I doubt 9-7 will either. Like I said, not saying they won't make the playoffs, but if I was a betting man, my money would be on them not making the playoffs. We shall see though.

You could get the luxury of playing backups twice at the end of the season again, but I can't see it happening. 7-9 isn't going to get you in the playoffs, and I doubt 9-7 will either. Like I said, not saying they won't make the playoffs, but if I was a betting man, my money would be on them not making the playoffs. We shall see though.

I'll double down on that.

I guess using that theory unless you guys get 5-6 dead teams to close the year w/ you'll have no shot at the playoffs?

Well that's some interesting logic.

Let me ask you a few questions.
1) Do you believe Sanchez progressed into a better QB by the end of the season?

2) Do you believe Leon Washington will improve the Jets offense?

3) Do you believe the Jets defense got better as the season went on and the players became more comfortable with the scheme?

4) Do you believe Kris Jenkins will improve the Jets defense?

5) Do you think the Bengals tried harder at home when we slapped them in the playoffs?

There are many other factors, I'm just scratching the surface. I'm not really in the mood to argue about next season, I just found your logic to be lacking some things.

LOL-

It's funny how pathetic Phin fans are, so juvenile.

You act like you've won something, you haven't won anything since 74, wow-

We the Jets have had much more recent success, mainly over the past 11 years. Even when the almighty Dan Marino was there,zilch.

There is no Same Old Jets but there are the same old Phins.

Everyone on here said one and one, wrong- Obviously. It just boggles my mind how pathetic you Phin fans are, also boggles my mind that you think the Dolphins are this huge force in the NFL now.

In your last six games you were 2-4, you could've knocked us out but you didn't. You guys have some inferiority complex that is just ludicrous.

LOL-

It's funny how pathetic Phin fans are, so juvenile.

You act like you've won something, you haven't won anything since 74, wow-

We the Jets have had much more recent success, mainly over the past 11 years. Even when the almighty Dan Marino was there,zilch.

There is no Same Old Jets but there are the same old Phins.

Everyone on here said one and one, wrong- Obviously. It just boggles my mind how pathetic you Phin fans are, also boggles my mind that you think the Dolphins are this huge force in the NFL now.

In your last six games you were 2-4, you could've knocked us out but you didn't. You guys have some inferiority complex that is just ludicrous.

remind me exactly what it is you have won since 74.

your last superbowl victory was when?

show me a post where somebody said the phins were a huge force.

go away tool.

Well that's some interesting logic.

Let me ask you a few questions.
1) Do you believe Sanchez progressed into a better QB by the end of the season? I've been over this one hundred times in the past few days. He'd progress for a week or two, than have three bad games. it was a rollercoaster season. So no not really. not that he won't.

2) Do you believe Leon Washington will improve the Jets offense? not sure he should play at all. given what shonn greene was able to do. unless you ship Tjones somewhere, I don't know that washington needs to be the backfield at all.

3) Do you believe the Jets defense got better as the season went on and the players became more comfortable with the scheme? the players seemed quite comfortable in the scheme from the get go. I would say the were solid all year, than stepped on their johnsons against the colts.

4) Do you believe Kris Jenkins will improve the Jets defense? you seemed to do fine without him. But I dont' see how he can hurt your chances.

5) Do you think the Bengals tried harder at home when we slapped them in the playoffs? I would hope so. Doesn't change the fact they won the division in a weak year for the division. they swept the ravens and steelers but lost to the broncos and raiders. that offense was anemic all year, and I watched it quite a bit living in the midwest.

There are many other factors, I'm just scratching the surface. I'm not really in the mood to argue about next season, I just found your logic to be lacking some things.

answered em as honest as I could bro.

what does all this have to do with anything exactly?

we could ask five similar questions for 32 teams in the league. not sure it would mean much more than either.

answered em as honest as I could bro.

what does all this have to do with anything exactly?

we could ask five similar questions for 32 teams in the league. not sure it would mean much more than either.

Well I think some of your answers are silly. Sanchez clearly was playing at a much higher level in the playoffs than he was in the middle of the season. He's shown growth over the course of his rookie season. One would expect a rookie to progress and get better in his 2nd season too.

Leon Washington is a 3rd down/scat back with a completely different skill set than Shonn Greene who is a power back. Our offense really missed Leon when he was injured - just look at the lack of catches from the RB position compared to prior seasons or even when he was in. He adds an explosive element to our offense.

The defense clearly grew as they learned the scheme and got better over the course of the season. A guy like Jenkins who demands 2 blockers at all times frees up an extra guy to rush the passer or drop into coverage. That's huge. Maybe that extra rusher would have given us more of a chance against Manning.

My point is simply that there are a number of reasons to believe the Jets will be better than a 9-7 (or whatever you want to call it) team next year. Especially seeing how we lost a number of close games.

sanchez clearly played at a "much higher" level in the playoffs. thats absurd.
cinci game....15 attempts. that is short of 4 passes a qtr. 182 yards. 1 td. hardly a high level.

sd game.. 12/23 100 yds. 1 sack 1td 1int... uhhh... not a "much higher level" we shall see how he progresses in year two.

I thought matt ryan would progress too. I was wrong.

I don't think I'll be wrong with sanchez.

indy..17/30 257 2td 1 int... I already stated earlier how the 80yd td pass skews this a bit... but what the hell take it and run with it. but even still hardly a, and I quote a third time "much higher level"... this is an average game for many a nfl qb.

but if you say so. must be accurate.

Back
Top Bottom