Proud of my Jets | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Proud of my Jets

you argued with me that "we dont know what would happen if the starters played the rest of the game" and then go on to say that the Pats WOULDVE won at least one more game with Brady...its the same thing, you dont realize that you contradict yourself on almost a daily basis?

you argued with me that "we dont know what would happen if the starters played the rest of the game" and then go on to say that the Pats WOULDVE won at least one more game with Brady...its the same thing, you dont realize that you contradict yourself on almost a daily basis?

It's not contradicting at all. Anything can happen in one game(I also acknowledge we could have lost something you gfuys don't acknowledge about 2008) but over a season w/ Tom Brady coming off 16-0 and w/ no injury? I'd bet everything I have that he would have led them to AT LEAST 12-13 wins.

LOL, the draft is loaded with talent regardless of where you're drafting. I'll take another 3 weeks of watching my team play over draft position any day. And the uncapped year actually helps the Jets hold on to RFAs who would have otherwise been UFAs. Ditto all the other teams in the league, thus leaving the UFA pool pretty dry. It goes both ways.
It might be relatively dry, but getting an Antonio Bryant and/or Karlos Dansby will do more good than losing in the AFC Championship. All the Jets have to show for it is bragging rights during the offseason and higher expectations during the season.

It might be relatively dry, but getting an Antonio Bryant and/or Karlos Dansby will do more good than losing in the AFC Championship. All the Jets have to show for it is bragging rights during the offseason and higher expectations during the season.

The reason teams draft and sign FAs is to get in a position like the Jets were in yesterday. Good drafting teams(and clearly we are one of them) can find talent anywhere. We got shonn Greene in round 3, david harris in rd 2, leon Washington in rd 4, Brad Smith in rd 4, we took your future starting guard Nate Garner in rd 7.

as far as expectations, our HC was talking SB from day 1 and this team nearly made it. I'm not worried about expectations.

Sometimes the pieces just come together for a team to have success. Example Miami Dolphins 2008 Played Buffalo in a dome in the late winter played all crappy teams which allowed them to take advantage of their position and win the division. This year the Jets needed everybody to lose and the Colts to sit their starter to make the playoffs. It happened. Then the Jets play a team in the Bengals that just really arent that good helped by the fact that their FG kicker couldnt make a FG. Give em credit they won the game. Then Nate Kaeding couldnt make 2 field goals well within his range. What happens Jets win. But only because the other team didnt execute. Hey give the Jets credit they won. Jet fans need to just admit that things went in the Jets favor for them just to make it to where they were. In other words the Jets were LUCKY to be in that position. Be happy and proud of where you guys made it but also be realistic your team is not as good as you think they are. You guys really think the ball will bounce your way every time. The Colts were beating you before they sat their players in the regular season. You were beating the Colts yesterday until they came back and spanked you guys. So what makes you think they wouldnt have spanked you in the regular season. And if they dont sit their players your team is 8-8 so slow down with how good you are because dont forget Miami swept your ***** this year.

heading into next year anything short of a title game app will be a failure. We have all the pieces and that is before the offseason even begins.

There is no such thing as a 3-5 year rebuildijng plan in the NFL anymore. Teams get good and bad quickly. You guys had a great shot to make postseason again and you blew it.

Bull headed? I am RATIONAL, it's tough for alot of the homers to get but there are alot of great level headed Dolphin posters on here which is why I enjoy posting here.

Meh... that depends. If the Jets get some undefeated team that has everything wrapped up by week 16 and doesn't want to risk injury to their Hall of Fame QB, benching him halfway through the game along with the rest of the team's starters, followed by a game against another team with a division title and playoff seed locked up- that will also play you the next week if you make it- thus causing them to keep their entire game-plan on both sides of the ball vanilla so as to not to give anything away- you may have a chance. Since that isn't gonna happen two years in a row- I'm gonna suggest you lower your expectations there chief. The Jets 'aint that good.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Brady plays 16 games in 2008 you don't think NE wins one more game and wins the division?

LMAO... if the Colts don't forfeit, do you think you beat them and make the playoffs? (hint: the answer was revealed once and for all yesterday). So you can shove that one in a dark place and keep it there.

Sometimes the pieces just come together for a team to have success. Example Miami Dolphins 2008 Played Buffalo in a dome in the late winter played all crappy teams which allowed them to take advantage of their position and win the division. This year the Jets needed everybody to lose and the Colts to sit their starter to make the playoffs. It happened. Then the Jets play a team in the Bengals that just really arent that good helped by the fact that their FG kicker couldnt make a FG. Give em credit they won the game. Then Nate Kaeding couldnt make 2 field goals well within his range. What happens Jets win. But only because the other team didnt execute. Hey give the Jets credit they won. Jet fans need to just admit that things went in the Jets favor for them just to make it to where they were. In other words the Jets were LUCKY to be in that position. Be happy and proud of where you guys made it but also be realistic your team is not as good as you think they are. You guys really think the ball will bounce your way every time. The Colts were beating you before they sat their players in the regular season. You were beating the Colts yesterday until they came back and spanked you guys. So what makes you think they wouldnt have spanked you in the regular season. And if they dont sit their players your team is 8-8 so slow down with how good you are because dont forget Miami swept your ***** this year.

Yesterday, Peyton validated that this was a high probability. As we've seen too painfully, no lead is safe if you can't keep him off the field, so I don't buy a close outcome to game 15, despite the halftime 5pt lead, if Caldwell and Polian hadn't decided to forfeit.

Like you, I discount the Cinci wins and can't help but wonder what might have been if
we had faced a team and QB like that instead of the Ravens last post-season, BUT have to give the jest their fair share of credit for nicely handling The Chargers. It's true Norv's playcalling these days is out "Martyballing" Marty, but it hadn't hurt them thru 11 straight games. SD handled us easily so the jest do get credit for that one, and bottom line, even though they probably would have ended up 8-8 and out of the playoffs, they still performed better than our own 7-9. So we should give credit where it's due, but IMO unlike Denver who went 6-0 to start the season, the Jest thru luck and some good play, just peaked at the right time.

It's not contradicting at all. Anything can happen in one game(I also acknowledge we could have lost something you gfuys don't acknowledge about 2008) but over a season w/ Tom Brady coming off 16-0 and w/ no injury? I'd bet everything I have that he would have led them to AT LEAST 12-13 wins.
They went 11-5 without Brady, they went 10-6 this year WITH Brady.

I highly doubt the Jets make the playoffs next year but we'll see. Funny how we were lucky and flukes last year, but the Jets with all their luck to even make it into the playoffs, and then the luck they received in the playoffs is not.

I highly doubt the Jets make the playoffs next year but we'll see. Funny how we were lucky and flukes last year, but the Jets with all their luck to even make it into the playoffs, and then the luck they received in the playoffs is not.

I'd be surprised if we don't make the playoffs next year. We lost a lot of close games this season with a rookie QB making a lot of mistakes. The defense really gelled at the end of the season for the first year in the system and Sanchez really seemed to turn a corner. We're also getting big Jenkins and Leon back.

To me it seems like we should be better on both sides of the ball, I'm not sure why you think we will be worse?

:lol:

I'd be surprised if we don't make the playoffs next year. We lost a lot of close games this season with a rookie QB making a lot of mistakes. The defense really gelled at the end of the season for the first year in the system and Sanchez really seemed to turn a corner. We're also getting big Jenkins and Leon back.

To me it seems like we should be better on both sides of the ball, I'm not sure why you think we will be worse?

not sure he said you'd be any worse. just that he thinks you won't make the playoffs.

I happen to agree. if you go 9-7 again, I don't think it'll happen.

Back
Top Bottom