QB T.J. Yates, North Carolina | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB T.J. Yates, North Carolina

funny. His calmness and control is one of the most appealing things. The rest is average.

I meant gimpy as in a bad ankle/hurt foot. He needs to step it up here at the end of the half and lead his team down the field. He has looked very mediocre so far.

Can T.J. Yates ball? Yeah, he can ball.

And he runs the best 2 minute drill in college football. And that wasn't even the best one he's had this year.

Not just one play, that entire 2 minute drill was run to perfection. He didn't even use a single timeout! Several throws down the field, and then the big play to cap it off.

He got pressured on it and got hit, but he got rid of the ball rather than take the sack, and then he came back with two straight completions including the big one for the TD.

rolling left and throwing a perfect strike?

reminded me of Matt Ryan

Good for Yates. He completed a pass over 10 yards. He's climbing up the charts. Is he over Stanzi yet?

I don't think CK is saying Yates is Andrew Luck. I think hrs saying he's a guy he likes and who shows the necessary skills to develop into a good NFL QB. It isn't about the team in his evaluation. It is about his skills, and what he can potentially bring to the NFL.

Personally, I see him as a really good backup, competent starter type at the NFL level, but that's said about a lot of kids who develop a little further than expected and become good to great NFL QB's.

When evaluating a QB, I want to know if he has the requisite skills to one day be a starter. Not many do, but I can see the toolbox and intangibles being full enough to do so. I also appreciate the info about Peyton Manning camps, and how hard he works. Drive, competitiveness, toughness, and a willingness to be great are all underrated traits in a prospect.

He's been outplayed by the rookie across the field from him. I really expected more from Yates. He has not looked good other than 3-4 passes. With a month to prepare, I really expected him to be very sharp tonight. So far, not very much to get excited about. Which may be a good thing, he may be available late in the draft.

When evaluating a QB, I want to know if he has the requisite skills to one day be a starter. Not many do, but I can see the toolbox and intangibles being full enough to do so. I also appreciate the info about Peyton Manning camps, and how hard he works. Drive, competitiveness, toughness, and a willingness to be great are all underrated traits in a prospect.

I guess that's one thing to be excited about: yeay, he could play in NFL!!!

On the other hand, I am looking for more than just Henne.

I gotta say, it's been a real mixed bag with him tonight.

It's hard to argue his stock certainly isn't up after this game.

whats with draughn anybody have info

You can't get more clutch than Yates has been at the end of this game, thus far. It's overtime, we'll see what happens next.

Back
Top Bottom