QB's in the Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB's in the Draft

Miami has already shown they will give second chances to players like Walton. He just messed that up by getting arrested again. So I don’t think it will take him off our list if he’s even on it.

yeah but that was a udfa peanuts add not a face of the franchise qb investment one

I’m just sayin it’s not apples to apples

We just coined a first round draft pick on a pot head w/ far worse timing and reveal.

i think it’s a safe bet this doesn’t even slightly move the needle on what Miami thinks of Jordan love

I agree with CK about Jordan Love, I think he's going to be a fantastic pro. Had a down final season at Utah State, but the tools are there. The only question, I have about Love is; Was he playing High on Weed? A legitimate question based on his recent transgression. If he's got an issue, I'd pass. The other QB I think is dynamic, is Cincinnati QB, Desmond Ridder. He was injured and missed his 1st game of his college career, after starting 28 in a row. But the kid as all the intangibles and tangibles, you'd want in franchise type QB. But unfortunately Ridder hasn't decided if he's going pro yet?

I agree with CK about Jordan Love, I think he's going to be a fantastic pro. Had a down final season at Utah State, but the tools are there. The only question, I have about Love is; Was he playing High on Weed? A legitimate question based on his recent transgression. If he's got an issue, I'd pass. The other QB I think is dynamic, is Cincinnati QB, Desmond Ridder. He was injured and missed his 1st game of his college career, after starting 28 in a row. But the kid as all the intangibles and tangibles, you'd want in franchise type QB. But unfortunately Ridder hasn't decided if he's going pro yet?

After Ridder's team fell short, in part because of his injury, I would be surprised if he didn't go back for his fourth year to graduate. But I like him a lot as well.

Ridder needs to have better feel for backside pressure but I like him also. Albeit on day 2 somewhere.

should go to the senior bowl if he’s eligible

that’s a nice throw and it does show off arm strength. But that’s an 8 yard out.

Herberts throwing those suckers 20 plus yards downfield opposite hash back shoulder.

That's a 108 foot throw.

Herbert's not doing better distances than that on low trajectory fastball throws.

After Ridder's team fell short, in part because of his injury, I would be surprised if he didn't go back for his fourth year to graduate. But I like him a lot as well.
CK, what are your thoughts on where Love may go in the draft. Do you think Miami takes him with their top 5 pick, if he's available? I've read numerous times that Indianapolis is very high on Love. And don't think he makes it to Miami's other 1st round picks.

CK, what are your thoughts on where Love may go in the draft. Do you think Miami takes him with their top 5 pick, if he's available? I've read numerous times that Indianapolis is very high on Love. And don't think he makes it to Miami's other 1st round picks.
Top 5???????????????

That's a 108 foot throw.

Herbert's not doing better distances than that on low trajectory fastball throws.

For that distance it looks similar I’m not gonna argue that but show me that 20 plus yarder back shoulder opposite hash with no loft if he’s put it out there.

I’ve seen Herbert take contact and I mean off his feet even taking contact and still throw the ball with laughable arm strength despite it.

He's a 1st rounder and history tells us that guys like him end up targeted by the team that falls in love with them, who trades up and gets him. I think the 10 to 15 area feels about right but wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it's higher than that.

The key here is that like Josh Allen, Jordan Love was already known before the 2019 season even began. That's why Allen was able to get away with having an absolutely dreadful 2017 season and still went #7 overall. Teams knew about Allen from 2016, had already talked to him and understood how intelligent he was, and they also understood that he was going to be in for a rough year because Wyoming was losing so much of their offense.

All of that is true of Jordan Love as well. He caught the scouts attention during 2018 and they did a lot of legwork on him. Many of them started to like him more than Justin Herbert, who was an established top prospect. They did their visits with Utah State and appear to have grown comfortable with Love as a prospect. And any of them with half a brain would've been able to see this disappointing season coming a mile away, because of how much of his offense (virtually all of it) and offensive coaching staff (virtually all of it) he had lost in one off season.

So I expect this to be a bit like the Josh Allen thing. There are differences. Allen was bigger, stronger. Love is more accurate.

I suspect all of this is why Jordan Love didn't hesitate to declare for the NFL when his season was over. He didn't wait for a committee grade or anything. It suggests he already knows what they think of him.

I would burn a top 5 on Jordan love.
If that's true I don't want to see the rest of your draft.
Love is nothing close to a top 5 pick.
How do you eval Bad? This guy is 3rd round at best.

For that distance it looks similar I’m not gonna argue that but show me that 20 plus yarder back shoulder opposite hash with no loft if he’s put it out there.

I’ve seen Herbert take contact and I mean off his feet even taking contact and still throw the ball with laughable arm strength despite it.

I’m curious what interests you on Herbert outside of the arm strength

Back
Top Bottom