question about cutting suh | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

question about cutting suh

Okay if we cut Suh we play 22 million not to have him play and 26 million if we keep him. I think he is worth far more than 4 million to have on the team.

In short, get over it. We aren’t saving anything by cutting certain players no matter what you think.

i think we may have to let him go. but im whatever
Miami has to stop being strangled by salaries. If we save $17.5M by cutting him post June 1, then go fortify your line from now (soon) till the draft and make your cut. That is significant money maybe for other June 1 cuts or get this.....maybe resigning someone early before they want a boat load of cash. Should have signed Landry two offseason ago

you save $17.5M if you cut Suh after June 1.

Thanks I just read the posts that say that Suh was not a savings if cut this year. I still keep Suh one more year as insurance and because I want to make the playoffs.

After reading other posts looks like your math is wrong makes the decision easy keep him.

Post June designations do not help with free agency this year so what's the point? Money does not come off the books until June 2. FA is basically over.

Easiest way to think is his dead cap if cut is 22.2M.

So Pre June 1 designation all that counts this year saving 4M.

After June 1st designation you save 4M immediately with the other 13M being freed up after June 1

Oooo and he could be cut tomorrow as a Post June 1 designation.

Dead cap in 2018 is 9.1 and of couse carry another 13.1 Dead money in 2019.

Post June designations do not help with free agency this year so what's the point? Money does not come off the books until June 2. FA is basically over.

I am totally against cutting Suh.

But you can designate him a post June 1st cut and reap those benefits when free agency starts. It also helps the player as he gets to partake in free agency from the start.

Ok guys let's clean this up. The thread is about Suh. Stay on topic.

OP your views on our QB are well documented and any attempt to go there in this thread will be considered off topic and could cost you points.

Don't reply just know I will not have it.

I am totally against cutting Suh.

But you can designate him a post June 1st cut and reap those benefits when free agency starts. It also helps the player as he gets to partake in free agency from the start.
Well you would only reap the 4M initially with the additional 13M opening up for use on June 1st

how about we don't cut our defensive mvp to save $4m

but i mean if you want us to be even more of an NFL laughing stock sure

Doesn't the $17 mil or so we'd save this year still cost us like $13 mil in dead cap money next year though?

Yes his dead cap NO matter what is going to be 22.2M

So All cutting him with a June 1 designation is kick 13.1M of that dead cap hurt into 2019 (but even with that 13.1 dead pushed into 2019 you still get a cap savings of 15M from his 28.1M current 2019 cap hit)

Well you would only reap the 4M initially with the additional 13M opening up for use on June 1st

I remember using it on Phillip Wheeler and I thought for sure we did that to use money immediately. Instead we did it as a favor to him and still didn’t get the cap relief until June.

I get the feeling Suh will be gone sooner than later.

I am all for moving on past him.

As for the points thing, I like it...

It feels just like I'm back in the 4th grade. :p

As long as you guys don't act like you are back in 4th grade there is no problem brother :)

Back
Top Bottom