question about cutting suh | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

question about cutting suh

IMO cutting him this season wouldn't be a good option at all. Even if they designate him a June 1st cut that saves 17.5 million. Most of that cap money won't be available to use until after the first wave free agency, when all the top players are signed. and the draft. So really what do they get with that 17.5 mil savings in 2018? To me pushing that hit to 2019 isn't worth losing one of your best players. Only way I could see them getting rid of Suh is through a trade. Who would be able to trade for him? Cleveland or San Fran? What would they be able to get for him? Anything short of two 1st round picks wouldn't be worth it IMO.

You're totally right. Trade not cut. If teams don't want to pay up for a HOF talent, we need to keep him. The guys our best player and by a longshot..No, I'm too stubborn to let Suh go for anything short of a 1st and 2nd. HOF Talent doesn't just fall from the sky. We really should work on keeping great players and stop overpaying Jags..

IMO cutting him this season wouldn't be a good option at all. Even if they designate him a June 1st cut that saves 17.5 million. Most of that cap money won't be available to use until after the first wave free agency, when all the top players are signed. and the draft. So really what do they get with that 17.5 mil savings in 2018? To me pushing that hit to 2019 isn't worth losing one of your best players. Only way I could see them getting rid of Suh is through a trade. Who would be able to trade for him? Cleveland or San Fran? What would they be able to get for him? Anything short of two 1st round picks wouldn't be worth it IMO.

We would be lucky to get one first with the contract he has.

Cutting Suh is just an amazingly bad idea. Restructure? Sure. But he holds all the leverage. Cutting him post 6/1 saves cap money for 2018, but keep in mind this is AFTER free agency and the draft, and also adds dead cap for 2019, also damaging THAT free agency period.

Not to mention...this dramatically weakens what is currently a team strength, by removing one of the top 5 DTs in the game.

The Big date with Suh is March 18th. He will be cut/restructured or nothing will happen by that date. After March 18th nothing will happen. On March 18th Miami "guarantees" half of his 2018 base salary. So whatever decision on Suh happens, we will know no later than March 18th. Cause come March 19th they can't cut or restructure him really as it would make zero sense as you just paid him HALF of his 2018 base salary

I wouldn’t dump Suh at this point, especially considering we’d owe an additional $13 mil next year even if we saved $17 this year..not really worth it.

Who else is there to get?

No man on earth, this large has the right to be this quick

Back
Top Bottom