Random NFL Facts people might not know Thread | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Random NFL Facts people might not know Thread

If Miami had drafted who TedSlimm told them to in the first place, his name would be TedWillis.... chalk another one up for the geniuses that are employed by NFL front offices...

Yes sir. I wanted Willis as well. Best LB in the game.

But could he play a Dansby role in a 3-4?

I think the only people who thought drafting Ted Ginn was a good decision were Randy Mueller and Cam Cameron. I was 17 during that draft, watched Ginn for 3 years at OSU (I'm a Michigan fan) and was telling everybody that Ginn would only be a number 3 at best his first few years because he was still too raw. Hell, I even said Gonzo was the better WR on the Buckeyes.

I talked myself into being content with the pick because I thought Cam would be smart enough to use Ginn in ways like Tressel did at OSU (reverses, bubblescreens, ect) to get the ball in his hands, but I was wrong.

My top 5 for us that draft were
1.Brady Quinn (everything leading up to the draft pointed to him. He had our QB coach of that year, Terry Shea, as his personal trainer leading up to the draft)
2.Leon Hall (We needed a CB, and I was a Michigan fan)
3.Adam Carriker (a lot of people loved him back then)
4.Patrick Willis (wasn't a need, but loved him)
5.Joe Staley (another person a lot of people loved)

Yes sir. I wanted Willis as well. Best LB in the game.

But could he play a Dansby role in a 3-4?

Easy, without a doubt. What's interesting to me is that Willis is the best LB in the league, but would be even better if he was a "Mike" in a 4-3.... scary thought.

Back
Top Bottom