Randy Starks | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy Starks

Why would anybody give Wilford a huge payday, he is at best an ok starter at this point. Jacksonville seemed to have no problem letting him gi and addin Porter and Williamson. Other teams would have paid but i have not seen one guy come at below market value.

cause other teams need WRs. Who are Oakland's Wrs right now? Ronald Curry, Johnny Lee Higgins, and Tim Dwight. Minny? Sidney Rice, Aundrae Allison, and Bobby Wade. Bears? Devin Hester, Michael Bradley, Rasied Davis, and Mike Hass. Some team would definatly overpay for Wilford if given the chance to get him

the problem with starks is he came out too early, but he has the talent to be a very good player in the NFL

parcells and ireland know talent when they see it parcells is not just going after starters in FA he is looking for flexibility and depth and most importantly he is looking for guys with speed size and age(minus ferguson he is just a blob to stop the run)

i think starks will surprise a lot of people

Randy Starks is not very good. I've a big Titans fan and have watched nearly everygame since he has been in the league. I don't think he's made a play since his rookie year.

kris jenkins cant stay on the field at all, he gets hurt every year, what is wrong with signing 24 year old players

cause other teams need WRs. Who are Oakland's Wrs right now? Ronald Curry, Johnny Lee Higgins, and Tim Dwight. Minny? Sidney Rice, Aundrae Allison, and Bobby Wade. Bears? Devin Hester, Michael Bradley, Rasied Davis, and Mike Hass. Some team would definatly overpay for Wilford if given the chance to get him

There are much better options out there than Wilford, he did not take less money to come here believe me. His own team made no attempt to resign him and replaced him with Jerry Porter and Troy williamson. Chicago desperately needs a Wr and did not even try to make a move on him.
As for Minnesota Bobby Wade was more productive than Wilford last season and is two years younger. Sidney Rice is probably better than any receiver we have. Wilford is an ok signing but has been nothing special to this point.

Better options
Bernard Berrian
Brynat Johnston
Randy Moss
Daunte Stallworth
Javon Walker

There are much better options out there than Wilford, he did not take less money to come here believe me. His own team made no attempt to resign him and replaced him with Jerry Porter and Troy williamson. Chicago desperately needs a Wr and did not even try to make a move on him.
As for Minnesota Bobby Wade was more productive than Wilford last season and is two years younger. Sidney Rice is probably better than any receiver we have. Wilford is an ok signing but has been nothing special to this point.

Better options
Bernard Berrian
Brynat Johnston
Randy Moss
Daunte Stallworth
Javon Walker

Do you have a link backing up this information or are you just speculating? I remember reading in the Orlando Sentinel that Wilford was the only Jag player to take his name tag off of his locker after they lost to NE in the playoffs. That could mean that it was his choice not to return or atleast test the free agent market.

As to your better options...they probably are but most of them are also going to be significantly more expensive

Do you have a link backing up this information or are you just speculating? I remember reading in the Orlando Sentinel that Wilford was the only Jag player to take his name tag off of his locker after they lost to NE in the playoffs. That could mean that it was his choice not to return or atleast test the free agent market.

A link for what, the Jags did not attempt to resign wilford, thats not a knock but they obviouslu were looking to upgrade. Wilford is not a top level starter, he is more of a third guy. I agree the others would be more expensive. Last year we had Chambers and Booker as our starters so its definately not an upgrade but if we add one more good receiver it could be good. Im just saying lets not make the wilford signing out to be something it is not.

This is the very reason you join VIP. You never see a post like this in VIP..... NEVER! Trust me. I was in VIP almost all day and I swung into the mains for about 2 seconds and that was enough for me to run right back to VIP.

He didn't start this thread in VIP and for obvious reasons.

Thats why I left VIP...so even threads like this can be written...why would anyone want to go to a place that speech and thought can be so easily banned. Thank God for the zoo...it can be funny...it can be frustrating at times...but it's all American.

Better options
Bernard Berrian
Brynat Johnston
Randy Moss
Daunte Stallworth
Javon Walker

Jerry Porter is done...Williamson has never been the guy...and thats why he was dumped.

Thats why I left VIP...so even threads like this can be written...why would anyone want to go to a place that speech and thought can be so easily banned. Thank God for the zoo...it can be funny...it can be frustrating at times...but it's all American.

I don't understand your logic.

So you'd rather miss out on inside information, posts with substance, and outstanding debates in trade for "SIGN FREE AGENT X NOW" or "WE SUCK" threads?

This is the very reason you join VIP. You never see a post like this in VIP..... NEVER! Trust me. I was in VIP almost all day and I swung into the mains for about 2 seconds and that was enough for me to run right back to VIP.

He didn't start this thread in VIP and for obvious reasons.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out Mr. VIP.

A link for what, the Jags did not attempt to resign wilford, thats not a knock but they obviouslu were looking to upgrade. Wilford is not a top level starter, he is more of a third guy. I agree the others would be more expensive. Last year we had Chambers and Booker as our starters so its definately not an upgrade but if we add one more good receiver it could be good. Im just saying lets not make the wilford signing out to be something it is not.
Wilford is a big receiver who averages over 14 yards per catch for his career. While he is not flashy, he is tough, dependable and an outstanding blocker in the running game.

He may not be what you are looking for in a receiver but I think he will surprise you.

Personally I'm hoping he can return to that big time receiver he was in 2005.

I don't understand your logic.

So you'd rather miss out on inside information, posts with substance, and outstanding debates in trade for "SIGN FREE AGENT X NOW" or "WE SUCK" threads?

Inside info...LOL. Posts with Substance...only if you side with a few select writers...and outstanding debates...again...only if you agree with those few debater's.

The cause is good...the money helps Finheaven...but it's alot more American...out here.

i love how this post/thread was supposed to be a discussion on the FA obtainment of DT Randy Starks..... but it is basically all on Jenkins, why to join VIP, and not Randy Starks.

Wilford is a big receiver who averages over 14 yards per catch for his career. While he is not flashy, he is tough, dependable and an outstanding blocker in the running game.

He may not be what you are looking for in a receiver but I think he will surprise you.

Personally I'm hoping he can return to that big time receiver he was in 2005.

He was solid in 2005 but far from a big time receiver. Thats like saying that Marty Booker was a big time receiver in 2006. He is a good signing but still would have much rather had Johnson, B. I personally think that a foursome of Johnson, Wilford, Ginn and Hagan would be an outstanding group that would not break the bank. I personally would rather sign a guy like Grant than draft a WR, we have plenty of young guys and OL is a place i want to spend draft picks on.

Back
Top Bottom