RB Mike Goodson (UFA) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Mike Goodson (UFA)

Nice marklar reference, lol.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Here's the 64 yard screen play he made against us.

[video=youtube;Twb-phPKc5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twb-phPKc5E[/video]

And here's some of his college highlights:

[video=youtube;HoZeiAIJKMY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoZeiAIJKMY[/video]

The problem with adding Goodson is Miami has a faster version of Goodson in thigpen. Goodson has good vision, hit top speed really fast, and welcomes contact but why add a player like him when we have Lamar miller. He is not better than Lamar Miller! He might be smarter than miller but miller plays off smaller behind the line of scrimmage and has wwwwaaaayyyy more explosion and is more powerful. Daniel Thomas is a quality third down back type.

Love your film dedication but Goodson is not a smart investment for a team that needs help at oline, t.e., receiver, d.e., corner.. Running back is one of our strengths.

I respect disagreements about Mike Goodson as a player. We all see different things and that's part of the beauty of the sport.

But this stuff about Marcus Thigpen is NOT a well founded argument. I'm sorry but it isn't. Marcus Thigpen has been almost purely a slot wide receiver since joining the Miami Dolphins. Sure they still list him as a running back, but people that actually pay attention will know that he didn't take a single snap as a tailback either in preseason or the regular season and he's worked exclusively from the slot as a wide receiver. The carry he had against New England was an end-around from the slot wide receiver position. It's one thing if people have watched some tape of Marcus Thigpen, even preseason tape, and come to the conclusion of what they think he is as a tailback. It's another thing if I know for a fact the people saying things about Marcus Thigpen as a tailback have not watched any tape of him there, because I know that tape doesn't exist. I mean come on fellas, we're better than this.

As for the need at running back yes absolutely the Miami Dolphins need a running back and they're looking for one. They're doing a lot of research on different tailbacks and if they don't sign a significant one in free agency then they'll be drafting a significant one. The Dolphins are set to lose Reggie Bush in free agency, and meanwhile they seem like they're just about ready to conclude the Daniel Thomas experiment. Yes I get it, people are high on 4th round pick Lamar Miller. But your NFL roster at tailback can't consist of one man.

I love that you're highlighting Goodson. He has always stood out in limited action. I'm all for bringing him in. Not to just toss him the keys but as a means to increase the talent level on our offense.

yeah, I dont see why CK is not onto something here with the Sherman connection and I would imagine Ireland would have some blessing on this but I dont get the 3-4 million. Is that neccessary?

And I am thinking we need a thumper type RB which is why I now have Eddy Lacy in my mock. We need someone to handle the goaline and short yardage stuff but someone who could make a big play from those situations.

CK is absolutely right that we are looking at RB's and it was mentioned somewhere at during senior bowl (Finsiders?). henceforth Reggie confused about not being signed.

Philbin and Sherman IMO had enough of Reggie when he was told time and time again to just hit the hole and stop bouncing all the time. Miller showed exactly what they wanted but I think they are afraid of Miller in fulltime duty next year and injury.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with an offseason play like this happening but....but...looking for bigger guy. Another guy I keep thinking about is Zach Line or some FB like him who can also run with the rock. Not sure the current guy will dedicate himself in offseason and he dropped off IMO second half even though they used him good on that one misdirection TD.

Really you wasted all that time researching this guy??? Nothing to see here. Four years in the league and not much of an impact. In the famous words of a football czar: "If they don't bite as pups, they probably don't bite"
- The dolphins would be better off with a late round or udfa back to round out the position for camp.
- Not to mention that it would be cheaper.
- Jonas Gray has yet to show us what he's got.
- I don't see Goodson doing anything for us that Marcus Thigpen can't do.

I don't see the dolphins going after him but if they do, anything over 2 mil/yr would be stupid.
I agree. I'd rather keep Bush to be our 3rd down back for all that. In fact, Bush's perplexity on our not offering him anything and him clarifying on air he wants to stay shows he's not looking for the money as the media keeps propagating. In fact, I won't be surprised if Long and Bush are the only two of our UFAs retained.

I think the reason they're checking out on Reggie Bush is because he doesn't like to play by the coaches' rules as far as which holes he's supposed to hit, FWIW.

I like Reggie and I wouldn't mind re-signing him at all. But it's becoming a simple reality that that isn't going to happen. Hence bringing up a value play like Goodman.

I think the reason they're checking out on Reggie Bush is because he doesn't like to play by the coaches' rules as far as which holes he's supposed to hit, FWIW.

I like Reggie and I wouldn't mind re-signing him at all. But it's becoming a simple reality that that isn't going to happen. Hence bringing up a value play like Goodman.
You could be right, but I wouldn't just take what the media is painting as gospel. Jeff could very well be waiting for right before FA begins to tell Reggie look, the reason we haven't made an offer is because we respect you and we have a vision of you as the 3rd down back behind Miller and want to see what the market shows before making an offer yyou may be offended with and we respect you too much to do that. Which at that point Bush can turn and say I'm willing to stay for the amount you paid me last year for 3 years just a bit more guaranteed amd then bam strike a deal. I'm just going to wait before assuming that this silence necessarily means rejection, CK.

You could be right, but I wouldn't just take what the media is painting as gospel. Jeff could very well be waiting for right before FA begins to tell Reggie look, the reason we haven't made an offer is because we respect you and we have a vision of you as the 3rd down back behind Miller and want to see what the market shows before making an offer yyou may be offended with and we respect you too much to do that. Which at that point Bush can turn and say I'm willing to stay for the amount you paid me last year for 3 years just a bit more guaranteed amd then bam strike a deal. I'm just going to wait before assuming that this silence necessarily means rejection, CK.

I think if the Dolphins wait until then it will be too late. Already the Detroit Lions are making their interest known to Reggie. The worst kept secret is that no team is respecting the tampering policy with respect to guys schedule to be free agents on March 12th. Greg Jennings was on radio row before the Super Bowl talking about how he's already been reached out to by several teams. This isn't one of those things where the Dolphins can sweep in at the last minute and make Reggie an offer and he'll just swoon for them. This is like recruiting. He's got suitors already and they're already keeping tabs on him while the Dolphins sit on their hands and don't say a word to him, and privately give everyone the impression they're not interested in having him back.

I think the simplest explanation is the most likely one. They don't have much interest in having him back at a free agent price tag, because they like Lamar Miller.

I agree. I'd rather keep Bush to be our 3rd down back for all that. In fact, Bush's perplexity on our not offering him anything and him clarifying on air he wants to stay shows he's not looking for the money as the media keeps propagating. In fact, I won't be surprised if Long and Bush are the only two of our UFAs retained.

I don't trust Reggie as a 3rd down back by any means, and that would probably be my worst nightmare in terms of how we handle our free agents this year.

I'm a big Goodson fan. I liked him in Carolina and living in California, I was able to see him a lot this last season in Oakland. He's just a good back. If you could get him to a cheap contract than I think it would be a great addition.

If he's going to cost 3 to 4 million though, than I'd pass as much as I like him. Running Backs are really just too interchangable to pay a lot of money for imo.

Not a need non the less. Don't spend money on things that aren't needs, draft is the place for taking chances on stacked positions not free agency. We have two running backs and need a utility player( Reggie bush). That's where Marcus thigpen comes into play because he fills that utility role. I could see Miami dropping bush and adding harvin though because Percy harvin is the perfect no huddle player.

I remember this cat when he was in Carolina, he had a bad fumbling issue. Good player but fumbled way too much for someone who didnt touch the ball much

Not a need non the less. Don't spend money on things that aren't needs, draft is the place for taking chances on stacked positions not free agency. We have two running backs and need a utility player( Reggie bush). That's where Marcus thigpen comes into play because he fills that utility role. I could see Miami dropping bush and adding harvin though because Percy harvin is the perfect no huddle player.

You say Marcus Thigpen is a utility player just like Reggie Bush but Reggie Bush took 227 carries as a tailback last year and meanwhile you have zero idea whatsoever how Marcus Thigpen will look taking carries as a tailback. And I know you have zero idea about that because he hasn't taken a single one, or even lined up as a tailback.

DT Derek Landri is another low-priced free agent that I would put on the list right next to Antwaan Barnes and Mike Goodson. These are not guys you're counting on to be league leaders in anything. They're guys that could win jobs in camp and contribute in a winning way. Landri is a guy I would put on the field in nickel packages at defensive tackle on down and distances where passing is not a foregone conclusion. And I'd consider putting him on for obvious passing downs as well.

Back
Top Bottom