RB Mike Goodson (UFA) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Mike Goodson (UFA)

This guy may be a good player but it's the same line of thinking as patching an old stadium at high expense. The franchise can rationalize it, and may be able to pass it off to gullible fans or voters, but there's no chance signing Goodson for a million or two less than Reggie Bush is a logical choice toward best interests of the team. You're substituting a high first round pick for a fourth rounder. That's a steady drain, something less likely to pan out than it appears at first glance.

Besides, when you get paranoid about something a person can't do, there's too much risk to overlook or minimize all the strengths. That's why I've never put anyone on ignore among all the message boards I've participated in. Goodness knows I disagree with one theme after another. Somebody can be a nitwit on the football board but a howl elsewhere.

Regardless, I hope Reggie doesn't get stuck on the Lions. Indoor turf team that ran the ball fewer than 400 times last season is the worst possible fit for him. It's the New Orleans misconception all over again. But with a worse coach and quarterback.

Ahhhh, this is why you said something about Goodson in the draft thread I made.

I don't read the board much anymore, so I'm just reading this.

He's honestly the best of the bunch for under the radar types and knows Sherman already.

This guy may be a good player but it's the same line of thinking as patching an old stadium at high expense. The franchise can rationalize it, and may be able to pass it off to gullible fans or voters, but there's no chance signing Goodson for a million or two less than Reggie Bush is a logical choice toward best interests of the team. You're substituting a high first round pick for a fourth rounder. That's a steady drain, something less likely to pan out than it appears at first glance.

Besides, when you get paranoid about something a person can't do, there's too much risk to overlook or minimize all the strengths. That's why I've never put anyone on ignore among all the message boards I've participated in. Goodness knows I disagree with one theme after another. Somebody can be a nitwit on the football board but a howl elsewhere.

Regardless, I hope Reggie doesn't get stuck on the Lions. Indoor turf team that ran the ball fewer than 400 times last season is the worst possible fit for him. It's the New Orleans misconception all over again. But with a worse coach and quarterback.

Whether we like it or not Reggie Bush is not coming back. They seem to have no interest in it.

And even aside from that, Mike Goodson is excellent value. That's what I'm trying to come up with here. Good value.

I think he is a guy who if had for the reasonable salary can help a team and provides a way to add talented depth without spending a draft pick that can be used for another position.

Back
Top Bottom