Realistically, what would you trade for LUCK? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Realistically, what would you trade for LUCK?

Is that you Wanny:ponder:
Theres no way we would trade 3 1st round picks.. period
To trade up it would be no more than a 1st and 3rd this year and next years 1st which imo is too steep anyway
This team has holes in OG, Ot, Rb, OLb, TE, Qb
Thats a lot of high picks to give away when we have so many holes atm don't you think:err:

Is that you Wanny:ponder:
Theres no way we would trade 3 1st round picks.. period
To trade up it would be no more than a 1st and 3rd this year and next years 1st which imo is too steep anyway
This team has holes in OG, Ot, Rb, OLb, TE, Qb
Thats a lot of high picks to give away when we have so many holes atm don't you think:err:

QB is the BIGGEST hole. With a franchise QB, you can mask A LOT of holes. Just ask New England...

No way would I get rid of Marshall, Wake, or Long. I would MAYBE consider trading Ronnie, but that's even a big maybe. The plight of the Dolphins for the last 20 years has been that we can't seem to get all the pieces in place at the same time. Keeping Marshall and Long would be especially key to having Luck be successful as a Phin. Also, anyone who would even entertain the idea of letting Wake go is out of their mind, the guy is a stud, if he keeps up his production I hope retires a Phin.

To answer the original question though, I would be more than happy to give up virtually all of this years picks for him, and maybe some kind of future pick based on his productivity or something. I'm not up for losing what talent we currently have though, they will all be essential pieces of the puzzle, we just need a QB that can actually use them.

Oh and I'm going to act like I didn't read that trading wake, long and/or marshall is even in this discussion..
I'll take that as a joke:up:

QB is the BIGGEST hole. With a franchise QB, you can mask A LOT of holes. Just ask New England...

I hear you but who does Tommy boy have blocking for him again:ponder:Oh yeah pro bowl Olineman..
Our line isn't no where near theres
Put any Qb behind that line and see what happens, I'm guessing pro bowl year

I agree we need a franchise Qb:up:Just not giving away the whole team for one:rolleyes2:
I think a 1st and 3rd this year and a 2nd next is fair but seeing as were going to be picking on the latter half of the draft they will want way more and thats just not smart atm

You guys are crazy to NOT consider trading Long and/or Wake for the surest QB prospect to come along since Manning. I really like both of them a lot but nothing is even close to being as valuable as the guy that touches the ball and makes decisions every single Offensive posession. I wouldn't blink trading Wake, Long and our first.

BTW, Ronnie Brown is not worth squat in any trade senario.

I agree we need a franchise Qb:up:Just not giving away the whole team for one:rolleyes2:
I think a 1st and 3rd this year and a 2nd next is fair but seeing as were going to be picking on the latter half of the draft they will want way more and thats just not smart atm

Well any team with the first pick would tell you to f off if you offered that.

to get up to where we will need to get by draft day...hmmm...henne this entire draft and a 1st next year...do it

LAst trade up to first pick was a 2 1st round picks and a 3rd I believe or something similar:ponder:So why is that out of the question?

to trade up from likely around #18 to #1 two first and a third aren't enough...someone trumps that easy for a franchise qb

this team with a good not average or poor qb has enough talent to compete year in and year out for the postseason and to make runs in the postseason...without a qb we're just treading water

LAst trade up to first pick was a 2 1st round picks and a 3rd I believe or something similar:ponder:So why is that out of the question?

Because Luck is sitting there. This isn't a weak draft like when we were forced to take Ronnie Brown or Jake Long.

i'm willing to bet the pick never gets traded...luck could be carolinas face of the franchise for the next decade...i bet that offers will pour in but that will be the extent of it

Back
Top Bottom