Realistically, what would you trade for LUCK? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Realistically, what would you trade for LUCK?

take anything else you want but NOT cam wake...

cam wake PLUS a 1st and a 2nd is absurd to me...this is our lawrence taylor we're talking about...

I would trade LT (which Wake isn't) for another Marino every day of the week and throw in a couple 1sts. This isn't the 80s.

I would trade LT (which Wake isn't) for another Marino every day of the week and throw in a couple 1sts. This isn't the 80s.

good for you...there's been how many marino like players in the history of the league...like 5 tops...tops...and thats probably generous

i agree wakes not lt but he's the most dominant pass rusher in football right now...if not its debatable

I don't believe Cameron Wake is as rare as Andrew Luck could be. Luck's combination of leadership, accuracy, mechanics, quick decision making, quick release, and especially his quick feet and ability to get himself out of trouble and make things happen on the run, have the potential to make him a lot more rare of an NFL player than Cameron Wake is.

Hell right now as I watch Chris Carter of Fresno State, I could swear to you that guy is the next Cameron Wake.

The reason Cameron Wake is Cameron Wake right now is because of how the game keeps evolving. The way offenses and defense interact right now, has allowed the inclusion of players that only 10 or 15 years ago might not have survived in the NFL. You can have guys like Cam Wake, James Harrison, Elvis Dumervil and Robert Mathis play on the edge and rush the passer, now. You can protect them with your scheme, and their skill sets have become more valuable as this becomes more and more a passing league, in part due to rule changes. All of that has widened the pool of up-and-comers to choose from, when it comes to finding a player that can really rush the passer. You're not looking at just a fraction of the play makers out there that meet certain size and all-around skill requirements. You can look at all of the play makers out there, now.

But nothing has changed when it comes to finding QBs that are so much better than one another that they can keep you competitive at all times, and have you winning championships during the good times. That pool is not widening, it's shrinking, because college QBs are not playing pro style systems anymore and the college QB is more and more looking way different from the pro QB.

good for you...there's been how many marino like players in the history of the league...like 5 tops...tops...and thats probably generous

i agree wakes not lt but he's the most dominant pass rusher in football right now...if not its debatable

No arguement, Wake is great, but I wouldn't blink in trading him to get a Franchise QB. I agree with what CK said above - there are more Wakes in the ocean than Lucks.

why the heck does wake have to be part of the package...i'd offer up vontae before i offered up wake...although i'd hate offering him up also...hell i'd drive sean smith over to the panthers facility if they'd take him in the deal as the current player...lol

cam wakes or pass rushers as dominant as cam wake just like franchise qbs don't grow on trees either people

You're just not going to win in this league without a franchise quarterback... doesn't matter how many Cameron Wakes you have..

Get that franchise signal caller and you can win without Cameron Wake... I promise..

You're just not going to win in this league without a franchise quarterback... doesn't matter how many Cameron Wakes you have..

Get that franchise signal caller and you can win without Cameron Wake... I promise..

how bout we just do both...keep wake and get a franchise qb

for me cam wake would be off limits...my god he's the only damn pass rusher we have

For you he might be but maybe Wake isn't getting that contract extension right now because he's our most valuable commodity in a trade. His performance this season coupled with a low salary would make him a major trade candidate.

Still don't think it would be enough to move up to get Luck though. Wake + 1st round pick this year, 1st round pick next year and probably 3rd round this year and 2nd round next year...maybe we get our foot in the door.

For you he might be but maybe Wake isn't getting that contract extension right now because he's our most valuable commodity in a trade. His performance this season coupled with a low salary would make him a major trade candidate.

Still don't think it would be enough to move up to get Luck though. Wake + 1st round pick this year, 1st round pick next year and probably 3rd round this year and 2nd round next year...maybe we get our foot in the door.

good god...are you serious??? thats crazy...they can have those picks but wake is worth more than a 1st by HIMSELF...how could wake to a 3-4 team in need of a pass rushing olb not be worth a 1st and a 3rd minimum??? minimum...

anyways...you get my text i sent ya today???

how bout we just do both...keep wake and get a franchise qb

Ideal scenario obviously... but Wake is obviously Miami's most tradeable commodity, due to the perfect storm of contract, in his prime, production, etc...

Either way it's all for not unless you pry this regime out like an abscessed tooth...

good god...are you serious??? thats crazy...they can have those picks but wake is worth more than a 1st by HIMSELF

anyways...you get my text i sent ya today???

My Blackberry was ringing of the hook with emails today so I just put the thing down and stopped looking at it, lol.

Just read it though....awesome news man, congrats. Wife happy?

As for Wake being worth a 1st, yes...I would say top 10 pick which is why we have to throw in everything else to get a franchise QB. Really, who in their right mind passes up a franchise QB? Other than the Dolphins, lol. But IMO Luck is a better prospect than Matt Ryan.

My Blackberry was ringing of the hook with emails today so I just put the thing down and stopped looking at it, lol.

Just read it though....awesome news man, congrats. Wife happy?

As for Wake being worth a 1st, yes...I would say top 10 pick which is why we have to throw in everything else to get a franchise QB. Really, who in their right mind passes up a franchise QB? Other than the Dolphins, lol. But IMO Luck is a better prospect than Matt Ryan.

i think i'm happier than the wife...lol

anyways...if you were the new york jets lets say and you were offered cam wake for a 1st and a 3rd round pick would you not jump out of your shoes at it??? i'm tellin ya i wouldn't part with cam wake for less than top 10 draft pick compensation...minimum...and i'd have to think about it real damn hard and see whats on the board before i pulled the trigger

Back
Top Bottom