Realistically, what would you trade for LUCK? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Realistically, what would you trade for LUCK?

Our first, third,Philip Merling , and Incognito

I'd easily trade Wake, this years and next years first to get up there. Wake is a 28 y/o player who relies and speed more than anything. He's only got a few years left of that being elite.

I'd easily trade B-Marsh, this years 1st and 3rd and a high pick next year. B-Marsh is a great player, but he doesn't elevate teams to the playoffs.

Jake Long is easily our most important player currently on the roster. He would be the one I'd be most hesitant to trade.

To get a QB I actually think could be a pro bowler, I'd give up a ton. We have to get one to ever win a Super Bowl. They haven't won one in my lifetime, and haven't even played for one I can remember. Started watching football in 1985. The first game I remember ever watching was the 1985 AFC championship game against New England.

The best offer I could come up with that might actually be accepted would be Randy Starks, Will Allen, our 1st, 3rd, and next year's 2nd.

Then you re-sign Tony McDaniel and Paul Soliai, target Ahmad Bradshaw and Logan Mankins in free agency, and go from there, hope for the best.

The best offer I could come up with that might actually be accepted would be Randy Starks, Will Allen, our 1st, 3rd, and next year's 2nd.

Then you re-sign Tony McDaniel and Paul Soliai, target Ahmad Bradshaw and Logan Mankins in free agency, and go from there, hope for the best.

Will Allen is a throwaway player at this point. His injuries and salary have him more likely to be cut than a desirable trade commodity.

If the Panthers would take that trade offer you dance to the podium.

Honestly, I would do that in a heartbeat. DL is our deepest position to the point where we almost have a logjam there. Also, Carolina needs a DT pretty badly and Starks would fit pretty well.

it CAN work but thats hoping Soliai doesn't pull a Haynesworth.
A team like Carolina can use that type of depth and picks especially with a guy like Clauson in the wings as they think he might be a future franchise QB

I'll start by saying I don't follow college football, so I don't know how good Luck is, but I've heard that he's the best QB prospect coming out of college in years, so IF that's true...

I would trade ANYONE and ANYTHING the team with the #1 pick wants. Yes that includes Long, Marshall, Cam Wake, my right kidney....ANYONE.

It doesn't matter what you have on your team. Unless you have a franchise QB, you have nothing, and you're not going anywhere. I'm all for stripping the team and whoring away multiple draft picks to get a potential franchise guy, this coming from a guy who HATES to give up picks. What, you'd rather go 8-8 for the next 5 years and keep your best players?

I'll start by saying I don't follow college football, so I don't know how good Luck is, but I've heard that he's the best QB prospect coming out of college in years, so IF that's true...

I would trade ANYONE and ANYTHING the team with the #1 pick wants. Yes that includes Long, Marshall, Cam Wake, my right kidney....ANYONE.

It doesn't matter what you have on your team. Unless you have a franchise QB, you have nothing, and you're not going anywhere. I'm all for stripping the team and whoring away multiple draft picks to get a potential franchise guy, this coming from a guy who HATES to give up picks. What, you'd rather go 8-8 for the next 5 years and keep your best players?

I would not trade Long unless we wanted the QB to get killed. Creating that hole and giving up that much to get Luck would be counter-productive.

Jake Long...straight up.....NO Doubt about it.

I would not trade Long unless we wanted the QB to get killed. Creating that hole and giving up that much to get Luck would be counter-productive.

Not necessarily. You don't have to pick a LT #1 to protect your blindside. There are examples all over the league. Quality left tackles are difficult to find, yes; however, it's much harder to find a franchise QB. Doing something as drastic as trading up to #1 is a 3 steps back, 5 steps forward approach. And yes, I realize that the cap hit on Long would be hefty, but it's either you get a franchise QB, or you wobble around for another decade of irrelevance.

All the talk about not wanting to potentially trade this player or that player doesn't make sense to me. Having all these players on the roster currently has netted the Dolphins a losing team.

Not necessarily. You don't have to pick a LT #1 to protect your blindside. There are examples all over the league. Quality left tackles are difficult to find, yes; however, it's much harder to find a franchise QB. Doing something as drastic as trading up to #1 is a 3 steps back, 5 steps forward approach. And yes, I realize that the cap hit on Long would be hefty, but it's either you get a franchise QB, or you wobble around for another decade of irrelevance.

All the talk about not wanting to potentially trade this player or that player doesn't make sense to me. Having all these players on the roster currently has netted the Dolphins a losing team.
I do agree with you on that aspect. But we do already have a top LT, so why trade him and have to go fill that hole again? Not to mention that Carolina doesn't need him. They already have Gross and Otah. Injuries have been their issue. Detroit might make that trade. Starks and/or Wake would be more attractive trade bait.

Back
Top Bottom