Reality Check JETS fans.... | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reality Check JETS fans....

yep, SD gets fluky bounce to return fumble for TD and it's pure skill, we get INT off bounce and it's pure luck:lol:

What bounce for SD are you talking about? The ball was ripped out of the receiver's hand. I'm not sure Keller ever had full control of the ball, so it probably should have been ruled an int. Regardless, it was 100% the defender. Butler was actually covering the guy, and ripped it out. The ball didn't bounce right to him. You really put those 2 plays on the same level? :rolleyes:

Revis is almost 10 yards away from the ball when it hits the receiver and bounces right to him. Butler rips it right out of Keller's hands.

There is a big difference between the two plays. You continue to show your bias.

the butler play was still a fluky play, you see the revis play much more often and we had their receivers blanketed and pressured the QB. Our D caused that TO just like SD's D did early.

A poor pass just like Sanchez? I would agree about River's second int, but not the first. The first int (the one we were talking about) hit the receiver right in the chest, and then bounced right to Revis. Sanchez' pass was a bad decision (The safety had it the whole way) and it was under thrown.

I was talking about Sanchez int, that was under thrown. And you don't seem to agree with anything. Rivers pass was not accurate. It hit the receiver on this back shoulder while running a 10 yard in I believe. Any in routes, slants or crossing patterns, if you aren't leading the receiver there's a high possibility of a pick. A very high possibility.

The Jets would have had to run the play again anyways. If Mangold does not hold, Sanchez gets sacked. Despite the tds, Sanchez didn't play great in that game. The coverage on Burress on those tds was awful.

Sanchez didn't play a great game, I agree. He missed Santonio when he was wide open, because he got sacked. Not his fault, but not a great play either. He threw a pick bla bla bla...wasn't great, but he was extremely good. Don't look at the completion percentage. He had couple of spikes, and a few throw aways that skew the stats.

I never said the Jets were not a playoff team, so how can you prove me wrong on something that I never said?

So you agree that the Jets are a playoff team but not yet disagree that they are not good? You've been saying it all along that we will not be making the playoffs. Now that we won a couple, you started saying we will have trouble getting in to the post season. Which one is it?

It's a fact. SD has only beaten Minn, KC, Den, and Mia. Which one of those teams is good? They beat KC by 3 and Den by 5. The Jets played SD in NY at 10am SD time. SD is not a bad team, but they are not as good as you want them to be. Unless I see something different from now until then, I will say the same thing even when they make the playoffs. Seattle made the playoffs last year, but that doesn't mean they were good.

Just so you know, Minn is a better team than their record indicates. Donovan had them leading in every single game, but kept falling apart at last second and their D giving up tons of points in second halves. KC is not as bad either. Fact is, they won against them. Thats what good teams do. They consistently beat average to below average teams. About Seattle making the playoffs, I believe they won their division. Its not always a fair game, but when it come to wild card birth, you can be assured that a 8-8 team will not be making it.

Den held them to just 6 second half points last week. The redzone game was better due to horrible coverage. The Jets got the running game going, but it was against a poor rush D. SD allowed 162 rushing yards to the Broncos last week as well. Even with all of that, the Jets still needed a lucky bounce to take the lead in that game. SD is talented no doubt, but they play more like a mediocre team for the talent that they have.

Giving up 113 rushing yards a game isn't exactly poor rush D. Its middle of the pack. Love the horrible coverage excuse. Maybe it was just route running? Not sure which lucky bounce you are referring to, but ok. A team that had lost to only Patriots this year until Sunday isn't exactly what I call mediocre. Just so you know, Chargers didn't lay down in front the Patriots like the Dolphins did. It was a tough game at at 28-21 in 4th quarter, Pats got the ball with about 6 minutes left. Brady HAD to get an 80 yard drive going to avoid any comeback hopes.

Umm yes you were comparing. And if you knew anything about football you would know that a prospect like Jamarcus Russell had a TON of question marks coming into the league (Hell, Kiffin didn't even want to draft him) lol

umm, no. I already mentioned my point. Can't help you if you can't understand a simple point.

Does Chad Pennington still come in Sesame Street?

What bounce for SD are you talking about? The ball was ripped out of the receiver's hand. I'm not sure Keller ever had full control of the ball, so it probably should have been ruled an int. Regardless, it was 100% the defender. Butler was actually covering the guy, and ripped it out. The ball didn't bounce right to him. You really put those 2 plays on the same level? :rolleyes:

Revis is almost 10 yards away from the ball when it hits the receiver and bounces right to him.

[video=youtube;9wokPYejJvA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wokPYejJvA[/video]

Thanks for putting this up. 4 things to be noticed here:

1. It was a bad pass. You can argue otherwise.
2. Revis lets receiver go just the receiver is about to leave his coverage zone. Revis faked the man coverage and then dropped back.
3. Revis is directly behind the pass even if it didn't get tipped.
4. Revis > Vontae Davis

I was talking about Sanchez int, that was under thrown. And you don't seem to agree with anything. Rivers pass was not accurate. It hit the receiver on this back shoulder while running a 10 yard in I believe. Any in routes, slants or crossing patterns, if you aren't leading the receiver there's a high possibility of a pick. A very high possibility.

Rivers pass was slightly off target, but it still hit the receiver and could have been caught. It bounced off and was intercepted. You can't put all the blame on Rivers for that. Sanchez' pass was short and Burress never had a shot at it. All the blame goes to Sanchez on that one.

So you agree that the Jets are a playoff team but not yet disagree that they are not good? You've been saying it all along that we will not be making the playoffs. Now that we won a couple, you started saying we will have trouble getting in to the post season. Which one is it?

Please show me some of my quotes where I have been saying all along that the Jets will not make the playoffs. I have never said the Jets won't be making the playoffs. What I have said is if they continue to play as poorly as they have, they will have a hard time making the playoffs. Depending on how they play, I think the Jets can finish anywhere from 8-8 to 10-6. They are currently playing like an average team. Barring any significant injuries to the Pats, the Jets will not win the division. They will need a WC spot to get in. I believe Pitt or Bal will have the 1st WC spot locked up. That leaves 1 more spot for the Jets to fight for. Buff, Oak, Cin, Tenn will be fighting for that last spot as well. I won't be shocked if one of those teams manage 9 to 10 wins.

You think the Jets are an elite team and a lock for the playoffs, and I don't. They are good enough to earn one of the WC spots, but it won't shock me if they don't. If you made me guess right now with who they have played and how they have played them, I would say they won't. That can change from week to week. The Jets need to win 6 out of there last 9 games for a shot. With the schedule they have, it is very possible they could finish 6-3. But if they continue play like they have been, it is also very possible that they could go 5-4, or 4-5.

Just so you know, Minn is a better team than their record indicates. Donovan had them leading in every single game, but kept falling apart at last second and their D giving up tons of points in second halves. KC is not as bad either. Fact is, they won against them. Thats what good teams do. They consistently beat average to below average teams. About Seattle making the playoffs, I believe they won their division. Its not always a fair game, but when it come to wild card birth, you can be assured that a 8-8 team will not be making it.

I'm not interested in debating the level of badness of those teams. The fact is, they are bad. Yes, SD beat them, but some of them were very close games. SD is a very talented team, but they don't play up to their talent. They lost to teams like St. Louis, Oakland, and Seattle last year. They are not a bad team, but they are not a very good one either. If they were in the East, they would not make the playoffs.

Giving up 113 rushing yards a game isn't exactly poor rush D. Its middle of the pack. Love the horrible coverage excuse. Maybe it was just route running? Not sure which lucky bounce you are referring to, but ok. A team that had lost to only Patriots this year until Sunday isn't exactly what I call mediocre. Just so you know, Chargers didn't lay down in front the Patriots like the Dolphins did. It was a tough game at at 28-21 in 4th quarter, Pats got the ball with about 6 minutes left. Brady HAD to get an 80 yard drive going to avoid any comeback hopes.

Route running? Really?

Your argument for SD being a good team is that they lost to NE by 14, just like the 0-6 Dolphins? The Chargers faced KC, and Mia without DT and still allow an average of 113 yards a game. They gave up 162 yards to Den the previous week. They rank near the bottom in rush defense.

Thanks for putting this up. 4 things to be noticed here:

1. It was a bad pass. You can argue otherwise.
2. Revis lets receiver go just the receiver is about to leave his coverage zone. Revis faked the man coverage and then dropped back.
3. Revis is directly behind the pass even if it didn't get tipped.
4. Revis > Vontae Davis

The pass was a little off target, but the only reason it was intercepted was because of a lucky bounce. Are you trying to tell me that Revis was purposely sitting in that position waiting for a ball to bounce his way? VJ could not handle the pass, and it bounced right to Revis. Who cares if Revis is behind the pass. We would not be talking about how great of a tackle he made had Jackson held on to the ball. It was a lucky bounce and Revis was in the right place at the right time. It is not even close to the defensive play that Bulter made. One was a lucky bounce, and one was a great play by the defender.

Where did # 4 come from?

Rivers pass was slightly off target, but it still hit the receiver and could have been caught. It bounced off and was intercepted. You can't put all the blame on Rivers for that. Sanchez' pass was short and Burress never had a shot at it. All the blame goes to Sanchez on that one.

The Rivers pass was a bad pass. He fired it in there and when you do that, you have to be accurate because the receiver does not have time to adjust to bad throws simply because when the turns around, he is expecting the ball to be right there to grab and go, not to slow down, adjust and then catch...too much to do, not enough time. Bad pass, but I know you'll never agree. Sanchez pass was also under thrown.

Please show me some of my quotes where I have been saying all along that the Jets will not make the playoffs. I have never said the Jets won't be making the playoffs. What I have said is if they continue to play as poorly as they have, they will have a hard time making the playoffs. Depending on how they play, I think the Jets can finish anywhere from 8-8 to 10-6. They are currently playing like an average team. Barring any significant injuries to the Pats, the Jets will not win the division. They will need a WC spot to get in. I believe Pitt or Bal will have the 1st WC spot locked up. That leaves 1 more spot for the Jets to fight for. Buff, Oak, Cin, Tenn will be fighting for that last spot as well. I won't be shocked if one of those teams manage 9 to 10 wins.

Jets are not in contention for the division. Not unless Pats lose to the Jets and lose a couple more here and there. And yes, Pittsburgh/Baltimore should get one of the WC spots (not sure why you said they'll get the 1st WC spot. Did u see how bad the Ravens were last night?). Im not sold on Cincy. Rookie Dalton has done well so far, but too bad, he won't get to play Cleveland, Jacksonville and Indy every week. Oakland's season was over the moment they traded for the highly overrated Palmer. Rusty or not, Palmer will be pedestrian. I have no idea why you think Titans would be in the mix. They have no run game, and Hasselbeck has been inconsistent to rely upon. That leaves Jets and Bills to fight it out. Whoever wins the first matchup will be the favorite and my money will be on the Jets.

You think the Jets are an elite team and a lock for the playoffs, and I don't. They are good enough to earn one of the WC spots, but it won't shock me if they don't. If you made me guess right now with who they have played and how they have played them, I would say they won't. That can change from week to week. The Jets need to win 6 out of there last 9 games for a shot. With the schedule they have, it is very possible they could finish 6-3. But if they continue play like they have been, it is also very possible that they could go 5-4, or 4-5.

Calling a team a playoff team doesn't mean they are a lock for the playoff. Its too early for that for a 4-3 team. But they are certainly on the right track after derailing. Also, if they continue to play like they did last week, Jets will go 7-2 at worst, not 5-4 or 4-5. I can point the games they 'should' win.

I'm not interested in debating the level of badness of those teams. The fact is, they are bad. Yes, SD beat them, but some of them were very close games. SD is a very talented team, but they don't play up to their talent. They lost to teams like St. Louis, Oakland, and Seattle last year. They are not a bad team, but they are not a very good one either. If they were in the East, they would not make the playoffs.

Last year, Miami were decent. This year they suck. I just don't understand how defeating bad teams makes you an average team.

Route running? Really?

Yes, route running.
Did u miss the first TD? An outside fake, and a shove at the LOS did the trick.
Did u miss the second TD? Pure size advantage. 6'5 vs. 6'1.
Did u miss the third TD? Outside fake did the trick.

Being wide open doesn't necessarily mean bad coverage. Not everyone is Darelle Revis, who can't prevent every TD either.

Your argument for SD being a good team is that they lost to NE by 14, just like the 0-6 Dolphins? The Chargers faced KC, and Mia without DT and still allow an average of 113 yards a game. They gave up 162 yards to Den the previous week. They rank near the bottom in rush defense.

Patriot fans will tell you it wasn't as close as you say it was. Im basing my opinion off of the talent level. You are basing your opinion off of SD defeating bad teams.

The pass was a little off target, but the only reason it was intercepted was because of a lucky bounce. Are you trying to tell me that Revis was purposely sitting in that position waiting for a ball to bounce his way? VJ could not handle the pass, and it bounced right to Revis. Who cares if Revis is behind the pass. We would not be talking about how great of a tackle he made had Jackson held on to the ball. It was a lucky bounce and Revis was in the right place at the right time. It is not even close to the defensive play that Bulter made. One was a lucky bounce, and one was a great play by the defender.

Lucky bounce is a funny argument. Oh, and Im not telling you Revis was sitting there waiting for the ball. Im telling u Revis was covering his zone (I guess in essence, he was sitting in zone with a man coverage fake). VJ could not handle the pass cuz it was quick and off target. How many times do such passes get intercepted? Even if its incomplete, Chargers face 4th down, and possibly make it a 7 point game. Chargers didn't come close again to put up any points more through out the remainder of the game 11+ minutes. The defensive play by Butler was a great play and Im giving him great credit for it. But thats a play you'll probably see once a season.

The lucky bounce, as you prefer to call it, happens almost every single weeks, sometimes several times a wk. The great defensive play happens once or twice a year in all 268 games. So I guess the lucky bounce becomes the Butler play, although a great one.

Where did # 4 come from?

Just wanted to make sure you agree with me on that one at least.

The Rivers pass was a bad pass. He fired it in there and when you do that, you have to be accurate because the receiver does not have time to adjust to bad throws simply because when the turns around, he is expecting the ball to be right there to grab and go, not to slow down, adjust and then catch...too much to do, not enough time. Bad pass, but I know you'll never agree. Sanchez pass was also under thrown.

The pass was a little off target, but it is not comparable to the pass Sanchez threw. VJ was looking at Rivers the whole way. It wasn't a perfect pass, but it was catchable. Saying they are both passes are equally bad is not true.

Jets are not in contention for the division. Not unless Pats lose to the Jets and lose a couple more here and there. And yes, Pittsburgh/Baltimore should get one of the WC spots (not sure why you said they'll get the 1st WC spot. Did u see how bad the Ravens were last night?). Im not sold on Cincy. Rookie Dalton has done well so far, but too bad, he won't get to play Cleveland, Jacksonville and Indy every week. Oakland's season was over the moment they traded for the highly overrated Palmer. Rusty or not, Palmer will be pedestrian. I have no idea why you think Titans would be in the mix. They have no run game, and Hasselbeck has been inconsistent to rely upon. That leaves Jets and Bills to fight it out. Whoever wins the first matchup will be the favorite and my money will be on the Jets.

I think Bal or Pitt will end up with better records than any of the other teams. Bal has layed a couple of eggs so far, but I think the D is too good for that team to be 9-7.

Oak losing Campbell was a big loss for them. I think if Palmer can return to form, combined with their running game, I would not be shocked if they win 9 or 10 games. I'm sure many of those teams will not keep winning, but I can easily see 1 or 2 pulling off 9 - 10 wins.

Calling a team a playoff team doesn't mean they are a lock for the playoff. Its too early for that for a 4-3 team. But they are certainly on the right track after derailing. Also, if they continue to play like they did last week, Jets will go 7-2 at worst, not 5-4 or 4-5. I can point the games they 'should' win.

No team ever wins the games they should and losses the games they should. The Jets got beat up by some good teams, and despite winning big, they have not looked great against the bad teams. If they don't play better, both of the Bills games will be tough for them, as well as the Giants, Pats, Was, Philly and Mia. I honesty don't believe any of those games are a lock for the Jets.

Last year, Miami were decent. This year they suck. I just don't understand how defeating bad teams makes you an average team.

It is not defeating average teams that make you average, it is how you play against them and how you play against the better teams. The Jets lost by 10 to Oak, 9 to NE and 17 to Bal. They didn't look like they could run or stop the run in any of those games. 1 decent game against a team that could only score 6 second half points against the Broncos and allowed 162 yards rushing to them does not change my mind.

Yes, route running.
Did u miss the first TD? An outside fake, and a shove at the LOS did the trick.
Did u miss the second TD? Pure size advantage. 6'5 vs. 6'1.
Did u miss the third TD? Outside fake did the trick.

Being wide open doesn't necessarily mean bad coverage. Not everyone is Darelle Revis, who can't prevent every TD either.

You can call me bias, but I saw bad coverage. LBs out of position, and just poor coverage by the DBs. If Burress was running great routes, why didn't he have more than 25 receiving yards for the game?

Patriot fans will tell you it wasn't as close as you say it was. Im basing my opinion off of the talent level. You are basing your opinion off of SD defeating bad teams.

Talent level means nothing. I'm basing it off of how I see them play, not by the names that are on the team.

Lucky bounce is a funny argument. Oh, and Im not telling you Revis was sitting there waiting for the ball. Im telling u Revis was covering his zone (I guess in essence, he was sitting in zone with a man coverage fake). VJ could not handle the pass cuz it was quick and off target. How many times do such passes get intercepted? Even if its incomplete, Chargers face 4th down, and possibly make it a 7 point game. Chargers didn't come close again to put up any points more through out the remainder of the game 11+ minutes. The defensive play by Butler was a great play and Im giving him great credit for it. But thats a play you'll probably see once a season. The lucky bounce, as you prefer to call it, happens almost every single weeks, sometimes several times a wk. The great defensive play happens once or twice a year in all 268 games. So I guess the lucky bounce becomes the Butler play, although a great one.

Just becasue a play does not happen very often does not mean that it is a fluky or lucky play. You have to watch what happened. A ball bouncing to a defender is not the same as a defender ripping it out of the hands of the receiver. Dropped or tipped passes may happen more often, but they occur more because of a mistake by the O, and not from a great play by the D. They just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

SD was up 21-10 in the 3rd. The Jets were not doing much either until they had good field position. When the Jets cut it to 4, SD was driving and in FG range. That lucky bounce gave the Jets the ball on the SD 19 taking at least 3 points from SD and giving the Jets the go ahead score. It was a 10 point swing. The Jets played better in that game, but they played a team that was playing at 10am their time, and has not proven that they are good yet.

Just wanted to make sure you agree with me on that one at least.

Well, at least there is one thing we can agree on. :up:

What is the point? That a lesser team can beat the better team? I already knew that. How Jax beating Bal, when Bal destroyed the Jets, makes the Jets look good, I don't know. The Jaguars are playing much better than they did in week 2 and don't have McCown giving away games anymore. The Jets beat Jax when McCown gave them 4 ints in 3 quarters. Setting the Jets up on the 28, 18, and the 1 yard line. The Jets also had a safety on McCown. Gabbart came in and went 5-6 and went 60 plus yards to the Jets 24. The Jaguars had more rushing yards, and only 4 fewer first downs. Had the Jaguars not had McCown start, the game would have been much different. I don't think Jax would have won since it was Gabbart's first game, but the score would have been much different.
The point is what I've been saying all along ... you can tell a good team by who they have on the field. what you and so many others do is ridiculous to me. Do the Ravens suck now because they got humiliated by the Jags? no they don't ... they're still a good team. all you need to do is look at who plays for them. in your world the definition of a good team changes like the wind blows depending on who beat who, and by how many points and what somebody's record is on whatever date you want to pick.

when i look at our schedule and see the Giants, I think of Eli, Tuck, Jacobs, Nicks, Osi, Pierre-Paul etc. and I know we'll have our hands full that day. When i see the Eagles i think about guys like Vick, Jackson and Asamough(spelling?) I don't need to know what their record is, or how many points they beat xyz team by in week 7, or who they lost to in week 5. I know those teams are good because I can see who they have on their team.

... And that's what I've been saying all along about the Jets. so it just makes me laugh when we lose a couple of games and people act like we don't have a roster full of talent.

On the other hand, when I see the Dolphins or Broncos or Bills coming up, I'm not very concerned because they don't have enough good players to worry me, and we should beat those teams without much trouble.

Just because the Bills are 4-2 (and most likely 5-2 after Sunday) it doesn't make them a good team to me. It just makes them a team with a good record. If they ever stop giving up 420 yards to every team they play I'll look at them differently.

The point is what I've been saying all along ... you can tell a good team by who they have on the field. what you and so many others do is ridiculous to me. Do the Ravens suck now because they got humiliated by the Jags? no they don't ... they're still a good team. all you need to do is look at who plays for them. in your world the definition of a good team changes like the wind blows depending on who beat who, and by how many points and what somebody's record is on whatever date you want to pick.

when i look at our schedule and see the Giants, I think of Eli, Tuck, Jacobs, Nicks, Osi, Pierre-Paul etc. and I know we'll have our hands full that day. When i see the Eagles i think about guys like Vick, Jackson and Asamough(spelling?) I don't need to know what their record is, or how many points they beat xyz team by in week 7, or who they lost to in week 5. I know those teams are good because I can see who they have on their team.

... And that's what I've been saying all along about the Jets. so it just makes me laugh when we lose a couple of games and people act like we don't have a roster full of talent.

On the other hand, when I see the Dolphins or Broncos or Bills coming up, I'm not very concerned because they don't have enough good players to worry me, and we should beat those teams without much trouble.

Just because the Bills are 4-2 (and most likely 5-2 after Sunday) it doesn't make them a good team to me. It just makes them a team with a good record. If they ever stop giving up 420 yards to every team they play I'll look at them differently.

Having a talented team, and a good team are two very different things. If the Ravens had lost to Pitt, and continued to play like they did on Monday, I would say that they are not a very good team. They would still be a talented team, but not a good one. I don't care who they have on the team. Talent does not always equal wins. Will anyone care who is on the Eagles if they miss the playoffs? The same goes for any other team. If you are not playing well, you are not a good team. Being a good team or a bad team does change with how you play. Talent does not.

Got news for you bud, we know exactly where we stand. We don't need a reality check. The same can't be said for many Jets fans.

If you knew where you stood you'd stfu and be humble about how much hot garbage your team is. Instead you clowns are trying like you do every year to give fans of a quality team a "reality check". Here's the news you need to read BUD, every year you guys tell Jets fans they aren't going to the playoffs and then when we get there you tell us we're going to lose every game. Eventually you were right the last two years, we lost in the game before the superbowl. And you pat each other on the ***** in a gay way about how right you were.

No mention of all the times you were wrong in predicting the Jets would fail, only the one guess you were right on. You never learn a thing. Here you are with probably the worst team in the entire NFL and you're trying to give Jets fans a "reality check". You'll never learn and your team will always be a joke so long as Ross is the owner. There's your reality check BUD.

Hopefully you guys can give us a reality check all the way to the superbowl this year.

Having a talented team, and a good team are two very different things. If the Ravens had lost to Pitt, and continued to play like they did on Monday, I would say that they are not a very good team. They would still be a talented team, but not a good one. I don't care who they have on the team. Talent does not always equal wins. Will anyone care who is on the Eagles if they miss the playoffs? The same goes for any other team. If you are not playing well, you are not a good team. Being a good team or a bad team does change with how you play. Talent does not.
Well, I do agree with you there, but I'll also say this ... More times than not, by the time all the games have been played, the teams with the most talent will win the most games, and the teams without much talent fade away ... despite what thier records might be after 5 or 6 games.

After only 5 games were played, plenty of people were already writing off the Jets (2-3), Cowboys (2-3) and Eagles (1-4) based on some early season losses. They can't do this ... they cant stop that, so-and-so sucks, etc ... I thought that was ridiculous, and I'll bet they all finish with winning records and are in the playoffs.

On the flip side I'll bet that the Bills (4-1 after 5) Bengals (4-2 after 6) and Raiders (4-2 after 6) all finish no better than 7-9 or 8-8 and dont even come close to the playoffs.

I'm basing that on talent. Let's see if it doesn't turn out that way.

If you knew where you stood you'd stfu and be humble about how much hot garbage your team is. Instead you clowns are trying like you do every year to give fans of a quality team a "reality check". Here's the news you need to read BUD, every year you guys tell Jets fans they aren't going to the playoffs and then when we get there you tell us we're going to lose every game. Eventually you were right the last two years, we lost in the game before the superbowl. And you pat each other on the ***** in a gay way about how right you were.

No mention of all the times you were wrong in predicting the Jets would fail, only the one guess you were right on. You never learn a thing. Here you are with probably the worst team in the entire NFL and you're trying to give Jets fans a "reality check". You'll never learn and your team will always be a joke so long as Ross is the owner. There's your reality check BUD.

Hopefully you guys can give us a reality check all the way to the superbowl this year.
:lol:

Clearly you don't understand the concept of a reality check. It has nothing to with how good or bad my team is. I'll be the first to tell you that we are an atrocious football team. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

By saying "reality check", we aren't comparing the Dolphins and the Jets because, quite frankly, we don't need to. It's obvious where we are in relation to where the Jets are. That's not up for debate.

When this thread was created, it was implying that all Jets fans received a reality check in large part because they had lost 3 games in a row and that they could not do the two things the Jets pride themselves on; run the ball and stop the run. As always, Jets fans came into the season damned and determined that this was the year that Rex's prediction finally came true. That's fine, I get that. Everyone wants to believe their team has a shot to win the superbowl every year. By saying Reality check, we meant that Jets fans finally came back down to earth and saw their team for what it really was. The reality of it is this Jets team is no different than the Jets teams that have failed in the playoffs the last couple of years. A little better or a little worse in some areas, but largely the same. The defense is not what it used to be, they cannot run the ball like they used to, and the offensive line continues to regress.

Just as quickly as the reality sank in though, the Jets win a game against a pretty solid team and instantly forget all about those 3 games. Next thing you know you guys are back here flying off the handle at anyone who says anything bad about the Jets. The Jets will make the playoffs this year, no doubt. There's no one out there that can take their spot, save maybe the Raiders. Just don't count on the Jets being able to fall back on their backbone of tough defense and running the ball to make a push in the playoffs because it's a vanishing act. I wouldn't place much hope in Sanchez either, but that's another debate.

And please, don't come back with the same lame *** defense that fins fans can't give anyone a reality check because our team blows. That's just a load of bull**** because you know you can't back your **** up.

:lol:

Clearly you don't understand the concept of a reality check. It has nothing to with how good or bad my team is. I'll be the first to tell you that we are an atrocious football team. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

By saying "reality check", we aren't comparing the Dolphins and the Jets because, quite frankly, we don't need to. It's obvious where we are in relation to where the Jets are. That's not up for debate.

When this thread was created, it was implying that all Jets fans received a reality check in large part because they had lost 3 games in a row and that they could not do the two things the Jets pride themselves on; run the ball and stop the run. As always, Jets fans came into the season damned and determined that this was the year that Rex's prediction finally came true. That's fine, I get that. Everyone wants to believe their team has a shot to win the superbowl every year. By saying Reality check, we meant that Jets fans finally came back down to earth and saw their team for what it really was. The reality of it is this Jets team is no different than the Jets teams that have failed in the playoffs the last couple of years. A little better or a little worse in some areas, but largely the same. The defense is not what it used to be, they cannot run the ball like they used to, and the offensive line continues to regress.

Just as quickly as the reality sank in though, the Jets win a game against a pretty solid team and instantly forget all about those 3 games.
Next thing you know you guys are back here flying off the handle at anyone who says anything bad about the Jets. The Jets will make the playoffs this year, no doubt. There's no one out there that can take their spot, save maybe the Raiders. Just don't count on the Jets being able to fall back on their backbone of tough defense and running the ball to make a push in the playoffs because it's a vanishing act. I wouldn't place much hope in Sanchez either, but that's another debate.

And please, don't come back with the same lame *** defense that fins fans can't give anyone a reality check because our team blows. That's just a load of bull**** because you know you can't back your **** up.

I understand why this thread was created, and to be honest, the Jets needed that reality check. Their OL was horrendous, largely due Mangold being out and no one being able to call the plays for the OL. Because of the OL play, their offense couldn't get going on the ground, or even through the air. 3 and outs caused the D to step right back in without much rest and they started to give up tons of yardage on the ground. A lot of the fan base started to panic thinking maybe we are a couple guys short of being a reliable team.

However, they have done well after those losses. Mangold came back healthy, and RT Hunter played exceptionally well, especially against Wake. The OL gave Sanchez time to throw and Sanchez has done well recently. They were able to run and pass the ball much better than how they did in those three losses and the fanbase is optimistic again. Which fanbase doesn't become optimistic again after two good wins?

The three losses humbled the Jets and no one is talking about winning 12-13 games anymore. However, 10 games are the expectations now (I expect an 11-5 season but season doesn't turn out how I expect). Anything less would be an underachievement.

The pass was a little off target, but it is not comparable to the pass Sanchez threw. VJ was looking at Rivers the whole way. It wasn't a perfect pass, but it was catchable. Saying they are both passes are equally bad is not true.

Both passes were off target. /discussion.

I think Bal or Pitt will end up with better records than any of the other teams. Bal has layed a couple of eggs so far, but I think the D is too good for that team to be 9-7.

I agree. Even though they sucked, Ravens 'should' get the first WC.

Oak losing Campbell was a big loss for them. I think if Palmer can return to form, combined with their running game, I would not be shocked if they win 9 or 10 games. I'm sure many of those teams will not keep winning, but I can easily see 1 or 2 pulling off 9 - 10 wins.

Palmer hasn't returned to form since his injury. He's just not the same anymore. If one bye week is all it takes to return to form without TC, then teams would just sit their QBs throughout pre season. Palmer is far from returning to form and a couple more losses will end their season. Sorry, regardless of the Jets record or the WC competition, I've never been a Palmer believer.

No team ever wins the games they should and losses the games they should. The Jets got beat up by some good teams, and despite winning big, they have not looked great against the bad teams. If they don't play better, both of the Bills games will be tough for them, as well as the Giants, Pats, Was, Philly and Mia. I honesty don't believe any of those games are a lock for the Jets.

Agreed...That is why I used 'should'. Out of Giants, Pats, Was, Philly and Mia, the only team I see defeating the Jets are the Patriots. Giants have struggled mightily against bad teams. Washington doesn't even know who their QB will be. They had a good start to the season, that should be finished by the time they play Jets. Philly has its good days and bad days. I still think they are the 2nd best in the NFC based on talent alone, but they need to show that in the games. If they can control their turnovers, they will win a lot of games. Miami? Why mention the matchup though? I know thats a game that the Jets should win and that it doesn't mean they WILL win, but still. Kinda like the Cleveland Patriots game last year. How many times would Cleveland have to play Patriots again to pull of such a whooping again?

It is not defeating average teams that make you average, it is how you play against them and how you play against the better teams. The Jets lost by 10 to Oak, 9 to NE and 17 to Bal. They didn't look like they could run or stop the run in any of those games. 1 decent game against a team that could only score 6 second half points against the Broncos and allowed 162 yards rushing to them does not change my mind.

Simply looking at the scorecard is very deceiving. Jets had the lead against Oakland in the 4th I believe until they scored, and Cromartie muffed the kickoff and Oakland scored again. Lucky bounce anyone? Pats had a 6 point lead with 6 mins left and at their 20. Game on as far as Im concerned. The Baltimore game was ugly for both offenses. Baltimore just made couple more impact plays on D than Jets did.

You can call me bias, but I saw bad coverage. LBs out of position, and just poor coverage by the DBs. If Burress was running great routes, why didn't he have more than 25 receiving yards for the game?

Because most of his catches resulted in the play being dead, aka TD. Again, the outside fake on the third TD was great. Very hard to defend that once you've sold it. He did it twice. Give him the credit he deserves. Only at finheaven does a WR with three TDs not get the credit. Antoine Cason was the CB and he's not a no-name CB. Chargers let Cromartie go because Cason had out performed him.

Talent level means nothing. I'm basing it off of how I see them play, not by the names that are on the team.

MNF was great. Hope you still stay true to your words of basing it off of how you see them play.

Just becasue a play does not happen very often does not mean that it is a fluky or lucky play. You have to watch what happened. A ball bouncing to a defender is not the same as a defender ripping it out of the hands of the receiver. Dropped or tipped passes may happen more often, but they occur more because of a mistake by the O, and not from a great play by the D. They just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

Most defensive plays occur because they are at the right place at the right time. Ive actually never heard of a defensive play occuring because a player was at the wrong place at the wrong time. If he made the play, he was at the right place....end of story.

SD was up 21-10 in the 3rd. The Jets were not doing much either until they had good field position. When the Jets cut it to 4, SD was driving and in FG range. That lucky bounce gave the Jets the ball on the SD 19 taking at least 3 points from SD and giving the Jets the go ahead score. It was a 10 point swing. The Jets played better in that game, but they played a team that was playing at 10am their time, and has not proven that they are good yet.

Too bad Rivers threw a pick on the next drive too. Oh, as for the Jets not doing too good, here are their drives in 2nd half

1st drive: 31 yards, 2 FD, punt
2nd drive: 55 yards, 4 FD, TD
3rd drive: 15 penalty yards, 3 and out
4th drive: 19 yards, TD
5th drive: 35 yards, FG

Not bad, just one three and out. In the first half, Jets had drives of 77 yards, 80 yards, and 42 yards. So yeah, they weren't doing much.

BTW, love the lucky bounce argument :up:

Back
Top Bottom