Reality Check JETS fans.... | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reality Check JETS fans....

If you knew where you stood you'd stfu and be humble about how much hot garbage your team is. Instead you clowns are trying like you do every year to give fans of a quality team a "reality check". Here's the news you need to read BUD, every year you guys tell Jets fans they aren't going to the playoffs and then when we get there you tell us we're going to lose every game. Eventually you were right the last two years, we lost in the game before the superbowl. And you pat each other on the ***** in a gay way about how right you were.

No mention of all the times you were wrong in predicting the Jets would fail, only the one guess you were right on. You never learn a thing. Here you are with probably the worst team in the entire NFL and you're trying to give Jets fans a "reality check". You'll never learn and your team will always be a joke so long as Ross is the owner. There's your reality check BUD.

Hopefully you guys can give us a reality check all the way to the superbowl this year.

Let's all bow down before the mighty humility of the magnificent New Jersey Jests and their oh-so-humble fans as we review all the championships won by the Jests in the last 40 years ...

1970s ...
1980s ...
1990s ...
2000s ...
2010s ...

Joisey, I tink we's got a problemo. :crazy:

Let's all bow down before the mighty humility of the magnificent New Jersey Jests and their oh-so-humble fans as we review all the championships won by the Jests in the last 40 years ...

1970s ...
1980s ...
1990s ...
2000s ...
2010s ...

Joisey, I tink we's got a problemo. :crazy:

Nah, we should bow down b/c the Bills are 4-2! and the season is over so they make the playoffs!

Nah, we should bow down b/c the Bills are 4-2! and the season is over so they make the playoffs!

I'm glad you know your place! :) Y'never know ... you might be bowing down to the 2011 AFCE Champs but it's a little early to be looking at playoff tix. :idk: At this point, I don't predict, I don't count potential wins, I don't worry about the playoffs. Since I predicted the Bills would go 5-11 this season, I am just enjoying each win and totally enjoying the ride -- and developing a real taste for crow. :hclap:

Like I said, you see things much different than I do. The Jets played better football, not good football.

Thats your opinion.

You see what you want to see, not what actually happened. His knee was down. The ball was moving ect... I've proven that you have been wrong before. You are losing your credibility. :lol:

You proved me wrong by showing a screen shot of a moving ball? Good for you. Talk about credibility.

I expect nothing less from you. You have shown time and again that you clearly don't know how to judge plays. They are not all the same. One the defender knocked out, and one the defender never touched until it bounced right to him.

You have continuously shown your bias against the Jets and haven't given them any credit. Your judgements of plays are totally different than how most people see em.

You are the one who is only looking at the scoreboard when you see a 1 possession game with 7 min left. You forget about the 2 score hole the Jets put themselves in before that. It would have been an even bigger hole had the TE not dropped a TD pass (another lucky break) right before the half that got intercepted. I guess that was just another bad pass that got what it deserved. :rolleyes: If you really watched the games, you wouldn't be arguing with me when I say that the Jets didn't play good football.

Again, you fail to understand a simple point. The games are much closer than the scoreboard shows and you continue to disagree because the Jets only cut the lead to half.

That is ridiculous. The Jets scored on that 55 yard drive when they were down 21-10. They took the lead on a 19 yard drive. Your argument is that if SD could not stop them from going 19 yards, they were not going to stop them from going 70 or 80? :crazy:

There is no way of knowing anything until it happened. Remember when I showed what could have happened if Revis didn't get the pick and Jets could have had a chance to score 60 points by doing several onside kicks? Yes, it didn't happen and it doesn't matter. Your argument is flawed. If Jets offense only had 55 yards to go and they actually did go the distance, it doesn't matter where they started from, their drive was not stopped. Don't get in to that 'could have' argument. Its too childish.

20 more yards is a huge difference. Let alone 60 more yards like it would have most likely been without the turnover. The only long drive the Jets scored on in the first half was when they were down by 2 scores. They have been able to do that all year.

Again, your reasoning that Jets offense can score when are down by 2, and discredit them shows your bias against Jets.

Once again, shorter fields has a lot to do with offense as well. The drive prior to the 55 yard TD drive, Jets were at their 9. Drove 43 yards, punted, and pinned Chargers. Defense got a three an out and Jets got the ball at their 45.

What they have not been able to do is score (without a turnover or big ST play) when they could tie, or take the lead.

You mentioned earlier in the season you don't wanna give Jets offense credit for FGs when drives started in FG range. Fair. Now you don't wanna give credit for TDs when they are behind. You also don't wanna give credit for a shorter field TDs. Im sure you'll have a new excuse next time.

Obviously! You like to point out that the Jets cut a 2 score lead to one against NE (which in your mind made it a close game) but you don't see the Jets defense getting walked on for 6:12 making it a 2 score game again.

Again, you go back to scoreboard and point out the final score, yet again failing to realize the scoreboard doesn't tell you the entire story. Pats played well and deserved the win, but the game was not won until a last minute FG.

Good defense and special teams play count, but the Jets offense is consistently relying on big plays from those units to tie, or take the lead in games. You are not going to get a punt block for a TD every game, or get an Int or a fumble when the other team is about to bring it back to a 2 score game.

But you are going to see defenders snatching ball out of Jets receivers hand and muffed kickoffs by Cromartie every game. You will also see three defensive TDs a game against the Jets every game.
NEWS FLASH: Brady will be up against the Jets D every game!

Lame excuse.

The Jets have been down by 2 scores after the half in 5 out of 7 games. That is because they have not been playing good football.

Vikings lead 17-7 at halftime against Chargers. Lost 17-24.
Vikings lead 17-0 at halftime against Bucs. Lost 20-24.
Vikings lead 20-0 at halftime against Lions. Lost 23-26.
Vikings lead 17-13 at halftime against Packers. Lost 27-33.

Even though they lead at halftime and lost all games, they are still a great football team and playing out of their minds right now (according to the New Guy's Theory)

No thanks, I don't drink. Going by some of the things you say, you probably shouldn't either. :chuckle:

Not drinking is one thing. Not being old enough to drink is another. Wait another 7 years till you turn 21. I promise I'll buy you a beer.

I'm glad you know your place! :) Y'never know ... you might be bowing down to the 2011 AFCE Champs but it's a little early to be looking at playoff tix. :idk: At this point, I don't predict, I don't count potential wins, I don't worry about the playoffs. Since I predicted the Bills would go 5-11 this season, I am just enjoying each win and totally enjoying the ride -- and developing a real taste for crow. :hclap:

Congrats to you.

Sadly, the Bills will return back to their mediocre form before season's end. They will finish 8-8 or 9-7. Miss the playoffs. And once again be at the bottom of the division next season.

You have continuously shown your bias against the Jets and haven't given them any credit. Your judgements of plays are totally different than how most people see em.

You call me bias when I don't give the same amount of credit to the Jets on two totally different type of turnovers. I can see when the D actually plays a role in a turnover, and when it is a lucky bounce. You can not. You must be surrounded by Jets fans if you think most people see things the way you do. You have shown that you see things through green colored glasses.

Again, you fail to understand a simple point. The games are much closer than the scoreboard shows and you continue to disagree because the Jets only cut the lead to half.

No, I continue to disagree because I watched how they played in those games. You are the one who is only looking at the score board at only one point in the game.

There is no way of knowing anything until it happened. Remember when I showed what could have happened if Revis didn't get the pick and Jets could have had a chance to score 60 points by doing several onside kicks? Yes, it didn't happen and it doesn't matter. Your argument is flawed. If Jets offense only had 55 yards to go and they actually did go the distance, it doesn't matter where they started from, their drive was not stopped. Don't get in to that 'could have' argument. Its too childish.

There is no way of knowing for sure what will happen until it happens, but we can use logical thinking to come to a conclusion. What you are saying is not as equally valid with the only reason being that no one knows for sure what would have happened. Just because you say the Jets could have kicked and recovered a bunch of onside kicks and scored 60 points doesn't make it logical. You have no logical reasons to back up what you are saying.

You saying the Jets could have scored 60 points, or whatever is not the same as me saying the Jets would have had a harder time scoring from 80 yards out than they did from 19 yards out. I have logical reasons why I think that. This whole season the Jets have not been able to score on a long drive to tie or take the lead in a game. Therefore, it is logical to say that they probably would not have scored had they not been in great FP.

It is very simple. It is much harder for a D to stop a 19 yard drive, than it is for them to stop an 80 yard drive. The odds of an offense scoring from 80 yards away is much less than scoring from 19 yards away. Just because an offense scores from 19 yards away, does not mean that they would have scored from 80 yards away. NFL odds prove that. That is not a "Could have" argument. It is very important where an offense starts from.

Your argument is the one that is flawed. According to you, an offense has the same chance of scoring from 1 yard out as it does from 80 yards out. You say, they didn't stop them from going 1 yard, they probably wouldn't have stopped them from going 80. :confused: That is not logical thinking.

Again, your reasoning that Jets offense can score when are down by 2, and discredit them shows your bias against Jets.

How am I showing bias when I am stating the facts?

Once again, shorter fields has a lot to do with offense as well. The drive prior to the 55 yard TD drive, Jets were at their 9. Drove 43 yards, punted, and pinned Chargers. Defense got a three an out and Jets got the ball at their 45.

You are proving my earlier point. What happened when the Jets started on their own 9? They went 40 yards, got stopped and had to punt. Just because SD didn't stop them from going 40 yards on that drive doesn't mean that they were never going to get a stop on that drive. Had the Jets started in better FP, and everything else was the same, they would have scored instead of having to punt.

Yes, that was a good drive that flipped the FP, and I give the Jets credit for that. FP is a big part of the game, but that is not the plan when your offense takes the field. The goal is to score, not drive a few yards then punt to change FP. When you do that, you are relying on the D to hold in hopes that you will get the ball back in good FP.

You mentioned earlier in the season you don't wanna give Jets offense credit for FGs when drives started in FG range. Fair. Now you don't wanna give credit for TDs when they are behind. You also don't wanna give credit for a shorter field TDs. Im sure you'll have a new excuse next time.

It is easier to score when you have great field position. It is easier to score when you are down by 2 scores. Those are not excuses, those are facts.

Again, you go back to scoreboard and point out the final score, yet again failing to realize the scoreboard doesn't tell you the entire story. Pats played well and deserved the win, but the game was not won until a last minute FG.

The Jets could only score in that game when they were down 2 scores. Down 10-0, they scored to make it 10-7, and NE marched right back down the field and would have had a TD if not for the dropped pass by Hernandez that got intercepted by Cro. NE gets the ball after the half, and scores a TD making it 17-7. Down 2 scores, the Jets score again making it 17-14. The Jets had 2 drives after that with a chance to tie or take the lead, and they went 3 and out both times. NE scored again making it 24-14. On the ensuing drive, the Jets had to punt again. NE then kicks a FG making it 27-14. Still down 2 scores the Jets offense finally scores making it a 6 point game. They went from being down 13 points to being down 6 points in 5 minutes. Then the D allows a 6:12 drive ending in a FG to bring it back to a 9 point game with about 1:00 left.

The Jets offense was 3-11 on 3rd down. They went 3 and out on 6 of their 11 possessions. You keep thinking it was close because they cut a 13 point lead to 6 with 7:00 left in the game. You are the one who is only looking at the scoreboard because you clearly didn't see the game if you think it was close.

Vikings lead 17-7 at halftime against Chargers. Lost 17-24.
Vikings lead 17-0 at halftime against Bucs. Lost 20-24.
Vikings lead 20-0 at halftime against Lions. Lost 23-26.
Vikings lead 17-13 at halftime against Packers. Lost 27-33.

Even though they lead at halftime and lost all games, they are still a great football team and playing out of their minds right now (according to the New Guy's Theory)

That just proves how bad they are. You are the one who was uplifting Minn, not me.

Just so you know, Minn is a better team than their record indicates.

I never said that leading at the half makes a team good. Being able to score when you are down 2 scores doesn't make you a good team either. Scoring when you are down by 2 scores is not as impressive or important as scoring when you can tie or take the lead.

This is actually fun. I just hope Im not owning a 6 year old.

Not drinking is one thing. Not being old enough to drink is another. Wait another 7 years till you turn 21. I promise I'll buy you a beer.

It only seems like a few days ago when I was a 6 year old. Now, I am a teenager. I am growing up so fast. It won't be long before I become a respected adult. :up:

So you are saying that you are getting owned by a 14 year old? :lol2:

Congrats to you.

Sadly, the Bills will return back to their mediocre form before season's end. They will finish 8-8 or 9-7. Miss the playoffs. And once again be at the bottom of the division next season.

At this point, I think most Bills fans are thinking 8-8 would be a bad letdown, but reality says that jumping from 4-12 to 8-8 would be a major achievement, and 9-7 would be the first winning season since 2004! If the Bills go 5-5 in their last 10 games, they will be 9-7 (they went 4-4 last season after starting 0-8). If they go 6-4, they're at 10-6 and likely get a playoff spot. That would be totally amazing!

You call me bias when I don't give the same amount of credit to the Jets on two totally different type of turnovers. I can see when the D actually plays a role in a turnover, and when it is a lucky bounce. You can not. You must be surrounded by Jets fans if you think most people see things the way you do. You have shown that you see things through green colored glasses.

I guess the defender didn't have a role in catching the int? Revis had to adjust a little to catch it. Yeah, it wasn't a huge play on Revis' point, just like how Cromartie muffed it and while he was picking up the ball and had not secured it, the defender knocked it lose. The starting point was the muff, something the defender didn't cause. In the int, starting point was the tipped catch attempt, something the defender didn't cause. Defender hit Cromartie on the hand, something that happens on about 80% of the plays. Not gonna give credit to a defender that knocked loose and already loose ball.

No, I continue to disagree because I watched how they played in those games. You are the one who is only looking at the score board at only one point in the game.

The game being at 27-21 Pats with 6 mins left, it is far from being over. Its a simple point to understand son. You are looking at the scorebaord as to what was the end result.

There is no way of knowing for sure what will happen but we can use logical thinking to come to a conclusion. What you are saying is not as equally valid with the only reason being that no one knows for sure what would have happened. Just because you say the Jets could have kicked and recovered a bunch of onside kicks and scored 60 points doesn't make it logical. You have no logical reasons to back up what you are saying.

Wow. So you know what could have happened? There is NO WAY to know that. You are talking about the odds of it happening. I know I don't have a logical reason to back it up. I was merely pointing out how stupid it is to say what could have happened. ANYTHING could have happened. Its dumb to talk about what could have happened.

You saying the Jets could have scored 60 points, or whatever is not the same as me saying the Jets would have had a harder time scoring from 80 yards out than they did from 19 yards out. I have logical reasons why I think that. This whole season the Jets have not been able to score on a long drive to tie or take the lead in a game. Therefore, it is logical to say that they probably would not have scored had they not been in great FP.

I was actually talking about the 55 yard drive, but here's some news for you. It is much harder to get a first down from 19 yards out than it is from 80 yards out. Hopefully you are old enough to figure out why. It is logical to say that if the team drives 55 yards while the opponents don't stop you, you probably will drive 80 yards as well. Again, I told you why they had a shorter field. It had to do with the Jets offense AND defense equally. a 50 yard drive resulting in a punt doesn't mean the offense sucks. They moved the ball and put the ball behind SDs 10 yard line.

It is very simple. It is much harder for a D to stop a 19 yard drive, than it is for them to stop an 80 yard drive. The odds of an offense scoring from 80 yards away is much less than scoring from 19 yards away. Just because an offense scores from 19 yards away, does not mean that they would have scored from 80 yards away. NFL odds prove that. That is not a "Could have" argument. It is very important where an offense starts from.

Your argument is the one that is flawed. According to you, an offense has the same chance of scoring from 1 yard out as it does from 80 yards out. You say, they didn't stop them from going 1 yard, they probably wouldn't have stopped them from going 80. :confused: That is not logical thinking.

I didn't use 1 yard example, and neither was I talking about the 19 yard TD drive. I was, however, talking about the 55 yard drive. Good try though.

How am I showing bias when I am stating the facts?

You are stating that Jets offense is not good enough and then go on to prove your point by saying they have been successful at cutting 2 possession leads consistently.

You are proving my earlier point. What happened when the Jets started on their own 9? They went 40 yards, got stopped and had to punt. Just because SD didn't stop them from going 40 yards on that drive doesn't mean that they were never going to get a stop on that drive. Had the Jets started in better FP, and everything else was the same, they would have scored instead of having to punt.

No, redzone offense is not the same as playing offense from your own 20. Also, if a team scores on an 80 yard drive, that doesn't mean they'll score on an 80 drive EVERY SINGLE TIME. That is what you are inferring here.

Yes, that was a good drive that flipped the FP, and I give the Jets credit for that. FP is a big part of the game, but that is not the plan when your offense takes the field. The goal is to score, not drive a few yards then punt to change FP. When you do that, you are relying on the D to hold in hopes that you will get the ball back in good FP.

Mostly agree with you there, but getting 40-50 yards on offense doesn't mean its a failed possession. Its not a successful one either but you just played the FP game. Its a big part of the game as you mentioned, and it showed it on the next drive.

It is easier to score when you have great field position. It is easier to score when you are down by 2 scores. Those are not excuses, those are facts.

It is harder to move the ball as the field shortens. It is harder to pass when the D knows you are not going to run many running plays. Those are not excuses and neither are those facts. Those are opinions everyone with football knowledge agrees.

The Jets could only score in that game when they were down 2 scores. Down 10-0, they scored to make it 10-7, and NE marched right back down the field and would have had a TD if not for the dropped pass by Hernandez that got intercepted by Cro. NE gets the ball after the half, and scores a TD making it 17-7. Down 2 scores, the Jets score again making it 17-14. The Jets had 2 drives after that with a chance to tie or take the lead, and they went 3 and out both times. NE scored again making it 24-14. On the ensuing drive, the Jets had to punt again. NE then kicks a FG making it 27-14. Still down 2 scores the Jets offense finally scores making it a 6 point game. They went from being down 13 points to being down 6 points in 5 minutes. Then the D allows a 6:12 drive ending in a FG to bring it back to a 9 point game with about 1:00 left.

Thanks. I know what happened. You just interpret it the other way. I saw a Jets team that didn't let the game slip away. You a Jets team that couldn't take the lead. I also saw a Patriots team that played really well. I never said Jets were the best. Its tough to keep pace with the Patriots offense.

The Jets offense was 3-11 on 3rd down. They went 3 and out on 6 of their 11 possessions. You keep thinking it was close because they cut a 13 point lead to 6 with 7:00 left in the game. You are the one who is only looking at the scoreboard because you clearly didn't see the game if you think it was close.

Six point lead in the 4th quarter with 6 minutes is not close? So when you saw the Jets score and made it a 6 point lead, you were sitting there thinking "Yesss!!! with that TD, the Jets will lose!!"?

That just proves how bad they are. You are the one who was uplifting Minn, not me.

lol, didn't u bring a point up that the Jets being down by 2 scores at half time on 4 out of 7 times shows you the Jets suck? I showed a team that had been up by 2 scores in 3 or 4 out of 6 games. Does that mean they don't suck, just cuz they had the lead at the halftime?

I never said that leading at the half makes a team good. Being able to score when you are down 2 scores doesn't make you a good team either. Scoring when you are down by 2 scores is not as impressive or important as scoring when you can tie or take the lead.

But u did say being down at the half makes you (Jets) a bad football team...did u not? So indirectly, you did say what I highlighted.

At this point, I think most Bills fans are thinking 8-8 would be a bad letdown, but reality says that jumping from 4-12 to 8-8 would be a major achievement, and 9-7 would be the first winning season since 2004! If the Bills go 5-5 in their last 10 games, they will be 9-7 (they went 4-4 last season after starting 0-8). If they go 6-4, they're at 10-6 and likely get a playoff spot. That would be totally amazing!

4-12 to 8-8 would not be a major achievement, it would be a nice step up but nothing major.

I guess the defender didn't have a role in catching the int? Revis had to adjust a little to catch it. Yeah, it wasn't a huge play on Revis' point, just like how Cromartie muffed it and while he was picking up the ball and had not secured it, the defender knocked it lose. The starting point was the muff, something the defender didn't cause. In the int, starting point was the tipped catch attempt, something the defender didn't cause. Defender hit Cromartie on the hand, something that happens on about 80% of the plays. Not gonna give credit to a defender that knocked loose and already loose ball.

I would agree with you if Cro never picked the ball back up, but he did. He clearly regains possession of the ball with both hands. He puts the ball in his right hand, and and tries to dive forward while holding himself up with his left hand. The ball never moves during that time, and that is when the defender knocked the ball out. It was not already loose like you are claiming. The defender was the only reason that the ball came out, unlike the Revis Int that bounced right to him.

Wow. So you know what could have happened? There is NO WAY to know that. You are talking about the odds of it happening. I know I don't have a logical reason to back it up. I was merely pointing out how stupid it is to say what could have happened. ANYTHING could have happened. Its dumb to talk about what could have happened.

I am only pointing out the fact that the Jets got a big play from the D that set them up on the SD 19 with a chance to take the lead. Without that play, SD kicks a FG making it a 7 point game, and the Jets get the ball somewhere near their own 20.

No one knows what will happen in the future, and anything can happen. However, not everything is a 50 / 50 chance just becasue it will either happen or not. There are a lot of factors that change the odds of things happening, and where a team starts a drive is a huge one. You can say the Jets could have recovered 10 onside kicks in a row, and base that on "Anything can happen", but that is not the same as me saying the Jets would have had a harder time scoring from 80 yards away than they would from 19 yards away.

All of this is in response to you saying that it doesn't matter where the Jets started from. You changed the 19 yard drive that I mentioned to the previous 55 yard drive (when they were down 2 scores), and said, it didn't matter where they started from. Here is my quote and your reply:

That is ridiculous. The Jets scored on that 55 yard drive when they were down 21-10. They took the lead on a 19 yard drive. Your argument is that if SD could not stop them from going 19 yards, they were not going to stop them from going 70 or 80? :crazy:

I was comparing the 19 yard drive to an 80 yard drive, and you changed the 19 yard drive to the 50 yard drive. Even so, there is still a big difference in a 55 yard drive than an 80 yard drive.

I was actually talking about the 55 yard drive, but here's some news for you. It is much harder to get a first down from 19 yards out than it is from 80 yards out. Hopefully you are old enough to figure out why. It is logical to say that if the team drives 55 yards while the opponents don't stop you, you probably will drive 80 yards as well. Again, I told you why they had a shorter field. It had to do with the Jets offense AND defense equally. a 50 yard drive resulting in a punt doesn't mean the offense sucks. They moved the ball and put the ball behind SDs 10 yard line.

What's the point? Do you honestly believe that if teams always started on the opponents 19 instead of their own 20, that they have less of a chance to score becasue you say it is harder to get a first down?

You keep changing the 19 yard drive (when they had a chance to take the lead) that I am talking about to the 50 yard drive (when they were down 2 scores). Regardless, your point is not valid. It is not logical to say that if a team can't stop you from 55 yards, they can't stop you from 80.

25 more yards means you need more first downs or a big play which gives the defense more chances to make a stop. To think that 25 more yards makes no difference is ridiculous.

I didn't use 1 yard example, and neither was I talking about the 19 yard TD drive. I was, however, talking about the 55 yard drive. Good try though.

You said that it did not matter where the drive started from since their drive was not stopped. You said that if they can't stop a 55 yard drive, they can't stop an 80 yard drive. 25 yards means nothing to you, so why not 30 yards, 40, or 50. When does it make a difference to you?

You are stating that Jets offense is not good enough and then go on to prove your point by saying they have been successful at cutting 2 possession leads consistently.

How is that being bias? The fact is the Jets have been able to cut 2 score leads to single score leads, but they have not been able to tie, or take the lead in games without a big play from the D or special teams. That is a fact. I have seen multiple times in games where the offense was not able to tie, or take the lead in games on their own.

Cutting 2 score leads in games and not doing anything after that is not good enough. That is not being biased. That is telling the truth.

No, redzone offense is not the same as playing offense from your own 20. Also, if a team scores on an 80 yard drive, that doesn't mean they'll score on an 80 drive EVERY SINGLE TIME. That is what you are inferring here.

That is not what I am inferring, but if a teams scored on an 80 yard drive, and everything else was the same (like I said in my example)

Had the Jets started in better FP, and everything else was the same, they would have scored instead of having to punt.

they would score every time. My point is, better FP makes it easier to score. That is not debatable. Yes, things get tighter in the redzone, but unless you are going to score on a big play, you have to go through it no matter what. The 60 yards in between is not a gimme. You can say the same about the 50 yards, 40 30, 20 and so on. The more yards the offense has to go, the more chances the D has to stop them.

Six point lead in the 4th quarter with 6 minutes is not close? So when you saw the Jets score and made it a 6 point lead, you were sitting there thinking "Yesss!!! with that TD, the Jets will lose!!"?

Again, you are just looking at a 13 point lead that was cut to a 6 lead and saying it was close. After NE started the game with the 2 score lead, they never had a problem keeping it that way even when the Jets cut it to a 1 score game. Every time the Jets cut it to a 1 score game, NE had no problem scoring to bring it back to 2 scores. The only time that didn't happen in the first half was when Hernandez dropped the TD pass that was intercepted. The Jets offense never showed they could tie, or take the lead even when they had chances to do so.

lol, didn't u bring a point up that the Jets being down by 2 scores at half time on 4 out of 7 times shows you the Jets suck? I showed a team that had been up by 2 scores in 3 or 4 out of 6 games. Does that mean they don't suck, just cuz they had the lead at the halftime?

No, I brought up that point to show you that the Jets are not playing good football. That gets validated becasue of how those games turned out. The halftime score means nothing if you play good football in the 2nd half. It is the final score that matters. The only games the Jets won after being down 2 scores (at, or after the half) was the game against Dal (D and special teams saves the day), and against SD (D saves the day). That is not good football to me, that is getting breaks. Those things are not going to happen every game.

I would agree with you if Cro never picked the ball back up, but he did. He clearly regains possession of the ball with both hands. He puts the ball in his right hand, and and tries to dive forward while holding himself up with his left hand. The ball never moves during that time, and that is when the defender knocked the ball out. It was not already loose like you are claiming. The defender was the only reason that the ball came out, unlike the Revis Int that bounced right to him.

Yes it does. Watch it again. Avoid looking at stills. It might help.

I am only pointing out the fact that the Jets got a big play from the D that set them up on the SD 19 with a chance to take the lead. Without that play, SD kicks a FG making it a 7 point game, and the Jets get the ball somewhere near their own 20.

Jets special team has been great this year. McKnight averages 40 yards per return. Maybe he breaks one lose and takes it down to the mid field for a 50 yard return? Playing the could be would be game again?

No one knows what will happen in the future, and anything can happen. However, not everything is a 50 / 50 chance just becasue it will either happen or not. There are a lot of factors that change the odds of things happening, and where a team starts a drive is a huge one. You can say the Jets could have recovered 10 onside kicks in a row, and base that on "Anything can happen", but that is not the same as me saying the Jets would have had a harder time scoring from 80 yards away than they would from 19 yards away.

I was always talking about the 55 yard drive since u said Jets couldn't do anything until they had a great field position.

All of this is in response to you saying that it doesn't matter where the Jets started from. You changed the 19 yard drive that I mentioned to the previous 55 yard drive (when they were down 2 scores), and said, it didn't matter where they started from. Here is my quote and your reply:

I was always talking about the 55 yard drive since u said Jets couldn't do anything until they had a great field position.

I was comparing the 19 yard drive to an 80 yard drive, and you changed the 19 yard drive to the 50 yard drive. Even so, there is still a big difference in a 55 yard drive than an 80 yard drive.

What's the point? Do you honestly believe that if teams always started on the opponents 19 instead of their own 20, that they have less of a chance to score becasue you say it is harder to get a first down?

I guess you don't understand then. Getting a first down being at the opponents 19 is much tougher than getting a first down being at your own 20. If a team can score from 55 yards out, they just covered all the tougher parts of the field. The first 25 yards aren't the toughest.

You keep changing the 19 yard drive (when they had a chance to take the lead) that I am talking about to the 50 yard drive (when they were down 2 scores). Regardless, your point is not valid. It is not logical to say that if a team can't stop you from 55 yards, they can't stop you from 80.

25 more yards means you need more first downs or a big play which gives the defense more chances to make a stop. To think that 25 more yards makes no difference is ridiculous.

25 yard more means the Jets previous offensive possession had to be cut short by 25 yards. Your reasoning the void when you talk about what could have and would have happened.

You said that it did not matter where the drive started from since their drive was not stopped. You said that if they can't stop a 55 yard drive, they can't stop an 80 yard drive. 25 yards means nothing to you, so why not 30 yards, 40, or 50. When does it make a difference to you?

25 yard more means the Jets previous offensive possession had to be cut short by 25 yards. Your reasoning the void when you talk about what could have and would have happened.

How is that being bias? The fact is the Jets have been able to cut 2 score leads to single score leads, but they have not been able to tie, or take the lead in games without a big play from the D or special teams. That is a fact. I have seen multiple times in games where the offense was not able to tie, or take the lead in games on their own.

To win close games, teams need their defense to step up as well. What if the offense scores to tie the game and D lets up a huge drive? Get a clue. Its a team game.

Cutting 2 score leads in games and not doing anything after that is not good enough. That is not being biased. That is telling the truth.

To win close games, teams need their defense to step up as well. What if the offense scores to tie the game and D lets up a huge drive? Get a clue. Its a team game.

That is not what I am inferring, but if a teams scored on an 80 yard drive, and everything else was the same (like I said in my example) they would score every time. My point is, better FP makes it easier to score. That is not debatable. Yes, things get tighter in the redzone, but unless you are going to score on a big play, you have to go through it no matter what. The 60 yards in between is not a gimme. You can say the same about the 50 yards, 40 30, 20 and so on. The more yards the offense has to go, the more chances the D has to stop them.

The offense can call the same plays and the can call the same plays, but I guarantee you the result will not be the same.

FP makes it easier to score, but much tougher to move the ball closer you get to the EZ. That is not debatable either.

Also, I was always talking about the 55 yard drive since u said Jets couldn't do anything until they had a great field position.

Again, you are just looking at a 13 point lead that was cut to a 6 lead and saying it was close. After NE started the game with the 2 score lead, they never had a problem keeping it that way even when the Jets cut it to a 1 score game. Every time the Jets cut it to a 1 score game, NE had no problem scoring to bring it back to 2 scores. The only time that didn't happen in the first half was when Hernandez dropped the TD pass that was intercepted. The Jets offense never showed they could tie, or take the lead even when they had chances to do so.

Anything wrong with the following statement?
"Six point lead in the 4th quarter with 6 minutes is not close? So when you saw the Jets score and made it a 6 point lead, you were sitting there thinking "Yesss!!! with that TD, the Jets will lose!!"?"

No, I brought up that point to show you that the Jets are not playing good football. That gets validated becasue of how those games turned out. The halftime score means nothing if you play good football in the 2nd half. It is the final score that matters. The only games the Jets won after being down 2 scores (at, or after the half) was the game against Dal (D and special teams saves the day), and against SD (D saves the day). That is not good football to me, that is getting breaks. Those things are not going to happen every game.

OK. Good. Lets try to be a little more consistent next time. The Jets team is based around its D. Nothing wrong with the D making some plays...is there? I hope Jets keep getting lucky in every game. Kinda fun to win games. You wouldn't know the feeling.

Also, I was always talking about the 55 yard drive since u said Jets couldn't do anything until they had a great field position.

Oh are we still getting a reality check? Oh and seven says Hi guys!
:3w:

Yes it does. Watch it again. Avoid looking at stills. It might help.

No, it doesn't. I have seen it many times in full motion. I'm not the one that has a problem seeing things. Remember when you thought his knee was down, and I showed you it wasn't?

Jets special team has been great this year. McKnight averages 40 yards per return. Maybe he breaks one lose and takes it down to the mid field for a 50 yard return? Playing the could be would be game again?

McKnight was averaging 26 yards per return in that game, and his best was to the Jets 34.

I guess you don't understand then. Getting a first down being at the opponents 19 is much tougher than getting a first down being at your own 20. If a team can score from 55 yards out, they just covered all the tougher parts of the field. The first 25 yards aren't the toughest.

Every yard is tough. The first 25 yards are not a gimme.

We are debating whether it is easier to go 55 yards over 80 yards. I never said what would happen. That is exactly what you are doing when you say they would have been able to cover those 25 earlier (easy) yards just becasue they went the last 55.

I said that it means you need 2 more first downs, or a big play to cover the 25 yards. That means more chances for the D to be able to make a stop. That is not a could have would have, that it a fact.

Getting a stop is one thing. Giving the offense the ball on the opponents 19 yard line, or scoring on a blocked punt is not something you can expect on a game to game basis. Those are the things the Jets have needed in order to win those games. The Jets offense needs to be able to score on its own if they want to win consistently.

The offense can call the same plays and the can call the same plays, but I guarantee you the result will not be the same.

We were not talking about 2 separate drives. We were talking about the same drive in different FP. Everything remaining the same includes the result.

FP makes it easier to score, but much easier to move the ball closer you get to the EZ. That is not debatable either.

That doesn't mean those earlier yards are free becasue they were able to cover the later yards. The first 25 yards need to be earned just like the last 55.

Also, I was always talking about the 55 yard drive since u said Jets couldn't do anything until they had a great field position

Also, I was always talking about the 55 yard drive since u said Jets couldn't do anything until they had a great field position

:bugeye:

Are you feeling ok? This feels like I am debating a PC that can't handle it. It just starts repeating itself over and over again until it starts to smoke and then blows up. :chuckle:

Again, me saying the Jets did not score in the 2nd half without good FP is 100% the truth. You saying they would have scored regardless is not.

I don't really care about the 55 yard drive becasue it came when the Jets were down by 2 scores. Just like 77 yard drive in the first half came when they were down 2 scores.

I was talking about the 19 yard drive becasue it was the one where they had a chance to take the lead. Something they have had trouble with without getting help. That is why I mentioned it, they got help from the Int that was returned to the SD 19.

You kept changing it to the 55 yard drive (when they were down by 2 scores), but would then make statements like:

(doesn't matter where they start from cuz TD ends the drive even if its 1 yard long or 99 yard long)

1 yard or 99 yards includes starting from the SD 19.

No, it doesn't. I have seen it many times in full motion. I'm not the one that has a problem seeing things. Remember when you thought his knee was down, and I showed you it wasn't?

Yes, and I admitted right away I was wrong. I was thinking of a different play when I wrote that. The ball was moving.

McKnight was averaging 26 yards per return in that game, and his best was to the Jets 34.

So I guess it was about time he broke one for a nice gain. Quit playing the "Could have" and "Would have" game. It works both ways.

Every yard is tough. The first 25 yards are not a gimme.

Of course they aren't, but it didn't happen. They got the ball at the 45 cuz of their previous possession and the Ds 3 and out. I will give the Jets offense 100% credit for scoring on a 55 yard drive. You can reserve your judgement.

We are debating whether it is easier to go 55 yards over 80 yards. I never said what would happen. That is exactly what you are doing when you say they would have been able to cover those 25 earlier (easy) yards just becasue they went the last 55.

I said that it means you need 2 more first downs, or a big play to cover the 25 yards. That means more chances for the D to be able to make a stop. That is not a could have would have, that it a fact.

No, we are debating that the Jets had trouble offensively and could not score on a long drive in the second half. They had 5 possessions. 2 TDs, one FG, and 2 punts. So I don't care where the drives started at. If you average 3.4 points a drive, that is GREAT. You usually get about 10-12 drives a game. 3.4 points a drive will put you around 40 points a game. YOU need a reality check.

Getting a stop is one thing. Giving the offense the ball on the opponents 19 yard line, or scoring on a blocked punt is not something you can expect on a game to game basis. Those are the things the Jets have needed in order to win those games. The Jets offense needs to be able to score on its own if they want to win consistently.

Oh, we playing this game again? I thought we were done with that? I guess its your favorite game then...

Jets giving up three defensive TDs is something everyone expects on a game to game basis.
Jets muffing kickoffs and letting 200 yards rusher is is something everyone expects on a game to game basis.
Jets have to face Brady and his magical game winning drives every week.

That covers three losses. lol @ your last sentence there. Jets offense DOESN'T play on its own.

We were not talking about 2 separate drives. We were talking about the same drive in different FP. Everything remaining the same includes the result.

"if a teams scored on an 80 yard drive, and everything else was the same (like I said in my example) they would score every time."

Did I misinterpret it? Which example?

That doesn't mean those earlier yards are free becasue they were able to cover the later yards. The first 25 yards need to be earned just like the last 55.

Yes, they need to be earned, but no one knows if they would have been able to earn them. They earned the tougher yards twice in the half, and thrice in the game, so it is safe to say they had a great shot at earning earlier yards too.

:bugeye:

Are you feeling ok? This feels like I am debating a PC that can't handle it. It just starts repeating itself over and over again until it starts to smoke and then blows up. :chuckle:

Yes, Im ok. I just thought copy pasting would be easier since we seem to be stuck on our own opinions...

Again, me saying the Jets did not score in the 2nd half without good FP is 100% the truth. You saying they would have scored regardless is not.

First off, you are limiting the criteria to one half. Secondly, you are further limiting the criteria to TD drives. Thirdly, you are further limited the criteria to long drives.

With your criteria in place, Jets had just one drive matching it. It started at the Jets 9 and ended in SD territory. For the record, that drive setup the ensuing TD drive.

I don't really care about the 55 yard drive becasue it came when the Jets were down by 2 scores. Just like 77 yard drive in the first half came when they were down 2 scores.

I guess when Jets are down by two scores, their opponents lay down and let them win.

I was talking about the 19 yard drive becasue it was the one where they had a chance to take the lead. Something they have had trouble with without getting help. That is why I mentioned it, they got help from the Int that was returned to the SD 19.

You kept changing it to the 55 yard drive (when they were down by 2 scores), but would then make statements like:

Jets offense also got help from Plax when he scored the TD. Jets offense always needs help.

Also, I guess when Jets are down by two scores, their opponents lay down and let them win.

1 yard or 99 yards includes starting from the SD 19.

Glad you figured it out.

Back
Top Bottom