Reality Check JETS fans.... | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reality Check JETS fans....

This might be your dumbest post to date ... and that's saying something.

So let's see ...

The Bills have a horrible defense ...the Jets O put up 27 points, had 24 first downs and held the ball for 38 minutes.
The Bills have a terrible defense ...the Cowboys O put up 37 points, had 24 first downs and held the ball for 35.5 minutes.

So the Cowboys beat the Bills worse than we did ... but we beat the Cowboys ... but the Cowboys aren't any good according to you ... unless they're playing the Bills I guess ... and we beat them both.

Great insight there.

But wait a minute ... the Bills beat the Patriots ... wo beat us twice ... so the Bills must be better than us ... except we dominated them. Wow this is so confusing.

Here's an idea ... why don't we just see who makes the playoffs and who doesn't.
For the record, Im betting the Patriots, Jets and Cowboys all make it ... and the Bills dont.
And neither will the Dolphins.

Showing the Jets success on O last week had a lot to do with Buff's D being so bad is dumb? :idk: What do you call predicting the Jets to win the division after they beat a few bad and average teams?

You guys were so exited about how good the Jets O was, when the fact is they played a horrible D. The Jets scored their first TD when the D gave them the ball on the Buff 19. Dal started 1 drive in Buff territory. Dal rushing average was 4.7 YPC, while the Jets only averaged 3.2 YPC.

It is not about the Cowboys beating Buff worse than the Jets did. It is about the Jets success on O was more from facing a horrible D than it was from anything that they improved on. If you watched the game, you could see that. That improved Jets O you kept telling me about scored 14 points against a D that was not only giving up more points than Buff was, and was missing several key starters. In spite of that, the critical turnovers, and mistakes for the Jets still happened.

You guys got all exited and told me how the Jets were going to win the division. All based on wins against some bad and average teams.

The Jets might make the playoffs, but with the way they are currently playing, they will not get very far. I say might make the playoffs because they will be fighting for the final WC spot.

so when we lost 45-3 to NE and 10-6 to Miami last year did you think we'd win 2 playoff games?

When we lost 5 of 6 2 years ago and supposedly were "let in" to the playoffs did you think we'd win 2 playoff games?

Have you noticed that outside of GB and SF most teams have been hot and cold this year? did you see Baltimore losing at Seattle? are they done? A week ago obituaries were being written about NE- were they done? It was a bad loss but I'm still confident in this team to make noise again in January- YES they will have to play better which they are capable of.

are you slow? we talking about this season or last season? everyone makes fun of your team because your so full of crap. you probably arent even the best team in your own city.
Oh ****! Is this season over? I thought it was 16 games ... because if we palyed all 16 we were on pace for another 10 win season.

We might not be the best team in our own city. We'll find out on Dec 24th when we play the Giants.
When do you guys play the U? Should be a very close game but I think you might have a shot.

Trololol. Jets are not a very good football team. Their defense is always falling short when they're needed. Their OL and run game has been a huge disappointment. Mark Sanchez is still a bottomfeeder QB. When you can't score points against the Patriots abortion of a defense, you have serious problems. Even Chad Henne put up like 475 total yards against this defense. Jason Campbell put up like 400 yards too. If the Jets find a way to lose to Denver, stick a fork in them. Luckily, they have a laughable schedule the rest of the way so they should be able crawl their way into the playoffs.

The Patriots defense isn't that bad. Henne got most of his yardage in garbage time. Campbell padded his stats on the final drive and got a garbage time TD with under 30 seconds and the Raiders only scored 19 points. The defense looked horrible against the Steelers and Bills but overall i think it's been solid. They're middle of the pack in points allowed, and it might not show up in the stats but the pass rush is better than last year and the 3rd down defense is much better as well. I'm excited to see how the defense can do down the stretch as everyone gets healthy.

so when we lost 45-3 to NE and 10-6 to Miami last year did you think we'd win 2 playoff games?

When we lost 5 of 6 2 years ago and supposedly were "let in" to the playoffs did you think we'd win 2 playoff games?

Have you noticed that outside of GB and SF most teams have been hot and cold this year? did you see Baltimore losing at Seattle? are they done? A week ago obituaries were being written about NE- were they done? It was a bad loss but I'm still confident in this team to make noise again in January- YES they will have to play better which they are capable of.

You keep saying that, but the Jets have yet to show it. Yes, teams are hot and cold, but at least Bal swept their rival, and NE did as well. All the Jets have shown is that they can beat some bad and average teams while the O and D continue to struggle.

Showing the Jets success on O last week had a lot to do with Buff's D being so bad is dumb? :idk: What do you call predicting the Jets to win the division after they beat a few bad and average teams?

You guys were so exited about how good the Jets O was, when the fact is they played a horrible D. The Jets scored their first TD when the D gave them the ball on the Buff 19. Dal started 1 drive in Buff territory. Dal rushing average was 4.7 YPC, while the Jets only averaged 3.2 YPC.

It is not about the Cowboys beating Buff worse than the Jets did. It is about the Jets success on O was more from facing a horrible D than it was from anything that they improved on. If you watched the game, you could see that. That improved Jets O you kept telling me about scored 14 points against a D that was not only giving up more points than Buff was, and was missing several key starters. In spite of that, the critical turnovers, and mistakes for the Jets still happened.

You guys got all exited and told me how the Jets were going to win the division. All based on wins against some bad and average teams.

The Jets might make the playoffs, but with the way they are currently playing, they will not get very far. I say might make the playoffs because they will be fighting for the final WC spot.
That's funny ... I don't remember predicting a division title. What I did say ... and STILL say is this ... the Jets are a shoo-in for at least 10 wins and another playoff appearance.

Not sure if you know this or not ... Tom Brady only plays for one team.
I don't expect Tebow, Cassell, Grossman, Moore or Fitz to be much of a problem for us, and that "horrible" offense of ours should score more than enough points to win 5 or 6 of the last 7.

I'll worry about how far we get in the playoffs, when the playoffs start.

You keep saying that, but the Jets have yet to show it. Yes, teams are hot and cold, but at least Bal swept their rival, and NE did as well. All the Jets have shown is that they can beat some bad and average teams while the O and D continue to struggle.

again, did we show it the last 2 years? NE beat us 45-3 a month before the playoffs last year, I'm sure you said we had no chance. There's still plenty of football to be played, who knows where we will end up?

That's funny ... I don't remember predicting a division title. What I did say ... and STILL say is this ... the Jets are a shoo-in for at least 10 wins and another playoff appearance.

Not sure if you know this or not ... Tom Brady only plays for one team.
I don't expect Tebow, Cassell, Grossman, Moore or Fitz to be much of a problem for us, and that "horrible" offense of ours should score more than enough points to win 5 or 6 of the last 7.

I'll worry about how far we get in the playoffs, when the playoffs start.

:ponder: I do.

Actually you did get ONE thing correct ... after we beat the Pats on Sunday we won't be tied for first the rest of the season.

I've always agreed with you that the Jets could win 10 games. Their schedule the rest of the way is very soft. But with the way the Jets have been playing, I would not be shocked if they lost 3 out of 7. I really think the Jets playoff hopes will come down to the last week of the season.

again, did we show it the last 2 years? NE beat us 45-3 a month before the playoffs last year, I'm sure you said we had no chance. There's still plenty of football to be played, who knows where we will end up?

Yes, you beat NE at least once the last 2 years. No, I didn't think a team would lay down for you guys in 09 to let you in, but I did expect them to make the playoffs in 10. The Jets had a great D and a great running game to help out Sanchez both of those years. That is something that they have not had this year. Unless some crazy things happen, the Jets will be fighting for the final WC spot.

:ponder: I do.

I've always agreed with you that the Jets could win 10 games. Their schedule the rest of the way is very soft. But with the way the Jets have been playing, I would not be shocked if they lost 3 out of 7. I really think the Jets playoff hopes will come down to the last week of the season.

Yes, you beat NE at least once the last 2 years. No, I didn't think a team would lay down for you guys in 09 to let you in, but I did expect them to make the playoffs in 10. The Jets had a great D and a great running game to help out Sanchez both of those years. That is something that they have not had this year. Unless some crazy things happen, the Jets will be fighting for the final WC spot.

Oh so beating them in week 2 made you think we'd get over a 45-3 thrashing in december?

It's not about laying down, did you think we'd even win a game let alone 2 that year? Did you think we even had a chance vs. NE last year?

We didn't have a great running game last, this year's ground game looks a lot like last year except last year LT got off to a great start before struggling the 2nd half and this year we struggled early but Greene has gotten it going of late.

Oh so beating them in week 2 made you think we'd get over a 45-3 thrashing in december?

It's not about laying down, did you think we'd even win a game let alone 2 that year? Did you think we even had a chance vs. NE last year?

We didn't have a great running game last, this year's ground game looks a lot like last year except last year LT got off to a great start before struggling the 2nd half and this year we struggled early but Greene has gotten it going of late.

No, the Jets being 9-2 at the time did.

I can honestly tell you that I thought the Jets would beat Cincy in 09. I didn't think much of Cincy that year. I thought that they would lose against SD, but we've been over why I think they won that game. I thought they would beat Indy since they were so banged up, but I did not think that they would get past NE, but with division match ups, you never know. The Dolphins went 3-1 against the Jets over those 2 years. You keep relying on the past for your future expectations, but things change. We'll see what happens this year.

The Patriots defense isn't that bad. Henne got most of his yardage in garbage time. Campbell padded his stats on the final drive and got a garbage time TD with under 30 seconds and the Raiders only scored 19 points. The defense looked horrible against the Steelers and Bills but overall i think it's been solid. They're middle of the pack in points allowed, and it might not show up in the stats but the pass rush is better than last year and the 3rd down defense is much better as well. I'm excited to see how the defense can do down the stretch as everyone gets healthy.

Yea it's only last in the league. Near the bottom of the league in just about every pass defense statistic. Not too bad imo.

Yea it's only last in the league. Near the bottom of the league in just about every pass defense statistic. Not too bad imo.

yardage allowed is a secondary statistic and in several games it was inflated in garbage time. points win and lose football games.

their supposedly worst pass defense also allows a lower passer rating than Miami and several other teams.

Off the top of my head, the Bills and Colts give up fewer yards in the Patriots. Does anyone really think those defenses are better than the Patriots'?

No, the Jets being 9-2 at the time did.

I can honestly tell you that I thought the Jets would beat Cincy in 09. I didn't think much of Cincy that year. I thought that they would lose against SD, but we've been over why I think they won that game. I thought they would beat Indy since they were so banged up, but I did not think that they would get past NE, but with division match ups, you never know. The Dolphins went 3-1 against the Jets over those 2 years. You keep relying on the past for your future expectations, but things change. We'll see what happens this year.

so what about losing 10-6 to a mediocre Miami team at home 6 days later? then having a road trip at Pitt and at Chi(2 teams that would host the title games). All the talk on here was a collapse by the Jets, don't like and pretend you thought we had a chance at NE.

Some teams know how to win, the Jets are one of those teams. They make things hard by losing games they shouldn't but they get better late in the year and play well in January. 1 time might be a fluke but not 2 times in a row.

so what about losing 10-6 to a mediocre Miami team at home 6 days later? then having a road trip at Pitt and at Chi(2 teams that would host the title games). All the talk on here was a collapse by the Jets, don't like and pretend you thought we had a chance at NE.

Some teams know how to win, the Jets are one of those teams. They make things hard by losing games they shouldn't but they get better late in the year and play well in January. 1 time might be a fluke but not 2 times in a row.

The Jets still had 9 wins. They only needed 1 more with Mia, and Buff still on the schedule. They ended up losing one they should have won, and winning one they should have lost, but I always thought that they would get a spot. I already told you I didn't think they had a shot against NE, but you never know with Div games. The Jets went 2-3 in their final 5 games of the season last year. I don't call that getting better. They faced a banged up Indy team (beat them by 1 point), and then shocked everyone by beating NE. The year before that they were let in the playoffs and faced a bad Cincy team and an overrated team that has been known to choke in SD. You put too much stock in those 2 AFCC game appearances. If the Jets are the team you think they are, then I will be proven wrong soon. We'll see how it turns out.

yardage allowed is a secondary statistic and in several games it was inflated in garbage time. points win and lose football games.

their supposedly worst pass defense also allows a lower passer rating than Miami and several other teams.

Off the top of my head, the Bills and Colts give up fewer yards in the Patriots. Does anyone really think those defenses are better than the Patriots'?

They're terrible defenses, just as the Patriots is.

Back
Top Bottom