Reality Check JETS fans.... | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reality Check JETS fans....

The Jets still had 9 wins. They only needed 1 more with Mia, and Buff still on the schedule. They ended up losing one they should have won, and winning one they should have lost, but I always thought that they would get a spot. I already told you I didn't think they had a shot against NE, but you never know with Div games. The Jets went 2-3 in their final 5 games of the season last year. I don't call that getting better. They faced a banged up Indy team (beat them by 1 point), and then shocked everyone by beating NE. The year before that they were let in the playoffs and faced a bad Cincy team and an overrated team that has been known to choke in SD. You put too much stock in those 2 AFCC game appearances. If the Jets are the team you think they are, then I will be proven wrong soon. We'll see how it turns out.

and we LOST to Miami at home only scoring 6 pts plus 10 wins wasn't a guarantee at that point.

yeah, I put too much stock in winning 4 road playoff games, if only we could have won more reg season games and gone out early in the playoffs that would have proven how good we were.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

yardage allowed is a secondary statistic and in several games it was inflated in garbage time. points win and lose football games.

their supposedly worst pass defense also allows a lower passer rating than Miami and several other teams.

Off the top of my head, the Bills and Colts give up fewer yards in the Patriots. Does anyone really think those defenses are better than the Patriots'?

Congrats on the win.

and we LOST to Miami at home only scoring 6 pts plus 10 wins wasn't a guarantee at that point.

yeah, I put too much stock in winning 4 road playoff games, if only we could have won more reg season games and gone out early in the playoffs that would have proven how good we were.

Wins are never a guarantee, but the Jets already had 9 wins with 3 games to go, and still had Buff on the schedule. 4 road playoff wins is a great accomplishment, and I can't take that away from the Jets. I think the win against NE was the Jets best win. The others are not that impressive to me, and I don't think that you can expect the same results based on the past alone. The Jets downgraded their roster this offseason and are playing worse than they did last year, not better.

thanks. it was NE's best win of the season so far. I still don't want to see the Jets in the playoffs.

Is Tebow out with injury that I'm missing? 2 completions might work against the ****ty Chiefs, but it won't work against the Jets defense.
But how many times have we seen a Jets team lose a game they should win especially flying west? Tebow may only complete 1 pass but it could be the game winner. Just sayin...

But how many times have we seen a Jets team lose a game they should win especially flying west? Tebow may only complete 1 pass but it could be the game winner. Just sayin...

Since Rex took over? Zero. The only one that we maybe should have won that we lost was Oak earlier this year but oak was playing really well at the time and it was their first sellout in years. That was a tough game to win. Other than that:

beat Oak 38-0 in '09
beat SD in the '09 playoffs
beat den '10

Since Rex took over? Zero. The only one that we maybe should have won that we lost was Oak earlier this year but oak was playing really well at the time and it was their first sellout in years. That was a tough game to win. Other than that:

beat Oak 38-0 in '09
beat SD in the '09 playoffs
beat den '10
You were favored at Oakland this year and should have won. Stop making excuses. Your team is not nearly as good as they were the last two seasons and even though they should win this game,I wont be surprised if they dont.

You were favored at Oakland this year and should have won. Stop making excuses. Your team is not nearly as good as they were the last two seasons and even though they should win this game,I wont be surprised if they dont.

That was a tough game to win, we weren't favored the way we are this week. Oakland is a good team and were playing well early in the year before Campbell got hurt.

Yep, we suck. I'm sure you thought we were great last year when we lost 45-3 to NE then lost to a mediocre Miami team 10-6 at home 6 days later.

Do you guys ever learn? Stop w/ the proclamations early in the season, allow the season to play out.

That was a tough game to win, we weren't favored the way we are this week. Oakland is a good team and were playing well early in the year before Campbell got hurt.

Yep, we suck. I'm sure you thought we were great last year when we lost 45-3 to NE then lost to a mediocre Miami team 10-6 at home 6 days later.

Do you guys ever learn? Stop w/ the proclamations early in the season, allow the season to play out.
Junc if you dont see the difference in this years version of the Jets from the last two years I dont know what to tell you. The defense is not playing as well and your OL is almost as bad as Miami's. They still have not given Sanchez free reign at the line and they cant decide if there identity is a running or passing team. They wet the bed big time Sunday Night on national TV.

Junc if you dont see the difference in this years version of the Jets from the last two years I dont know what to tell you. The defense is not playing as well and your OL is almost as bad as Miami's. They still have not given Sanchez free reign at the line and they cant decide if there identity is a running or passing team. They wet the bed big time Sunday Night on national TV.

I see a very similar team to last year. The biggest difference is that the OL was hurt and awful early in the year so we couldn't run, the D is just as up and down as a year ago, the running game is getting better as the season progresses unlike a year ago, STs are really good as usual(w/ the exception of the other night). Does this mean we'll make the title game again and have a chance to get to the SB? I don't know but I think this team can be better than last year, we'll see what happens.

You didnt run against the Pats the other night for some reason instead trying to move the ball through the air which is not their game. I cant think of the guy who replaced Woody but he is garbage. Id rather have Columbo then him.

You didnt run against the Pats the other night for some reason instead trying to move the ball through the air which is not their game. I cant think of the guy who replaced Woody but he is garbage. Id rather have Columbo then him.

Hunter was good later last year and in the playoffs, he was terrible early in the year but has been good lately.

We ran it but not enough, I think that is a product of a team falling in love trying to pass against a bad pass D as far as rankings go. i think we need to be who we are and not worry about the other team as much. We need a balanced attack.

You keep saying that, but the Jets have yet to show it. Yes, teams are hot and cold, but at least Bal swept their rival, and NE did as well. All the Jets have shown is that they can beat some bad and average teams while the O and D continue to struggle.
Wrong again.
Here are some facts about our "struggling" defense ... our Defense is ranked #8 in the NFL. Out of our 9 games played to date, 3 of them were against the top 5 offenses (NE-2 twice / Dallas-5) ... and 5 of them were against the top 9 offenses ( SD-7 / Oak-9). So 56% of our games have been played against teams ranked in the top 9 in offense.

Ranking #8 against that competition can hardly be called struggling. I doubt that too many other defenses would stand better today against the same competiton.

By comparison, the #1 ranked defense is Houston. I keep hearing about what a great job Wade Phillips has done ... and maybe he has, but ...
They've played only 1 of the top 5 offenses (NO-1) and only 3 of the top 10 (Oak-9 / Pitt-10).
They've also played the same amount of games against the bottom 3 (Cleveland-30 / Indy-31 / Jax-32).

You know who else is ranked ahead of us? Cincinnati - #5 Defense in the league.
Look who they've played ... Cleveland - 30 / Indy - 31 / Jax-32 (sound familiar?) ... and you can also throw in Seattle -29.
Not exactly Murderer's Row.

The point is, everything is relative. Player for player, the Jets defense is still one the the best defenses in the NFL. Wait until we play our upcoming games against Denver-22, Washington-27, and Kansas City-28 and see if we're not sitting in the top 5 on December 12th. Then tell me how much we're "struggling".

Here are some facts about our "struggling" defense ... our Defense is ranked #8 in the NFL. Out of our 9 games played, 3 of them were against the top 5 offenses (NE-2 twice / Dallas-5) ... and 5 of them were against the top 9 offenses ( SD-7 / Oak-9) ... so ranking #8 against that competition can hardly be called struggling.

I doubt that too many other defenses would stand better today against the same competiton.

Wait until we play our upcoming games against Denver-22, Washington-27, and Kansas City-28 and see if we're not sitting in the top 5 on December 12th.

But then, the excuse for the better D would be playing against weaker offenses. This guy sits there and thinks of all sorts of excuses to come up with and claims a bunch of BS opinions to be facts.

thanks. it was NE's best win of the season so far. I still don't want to see the Jets in the playoffs.

What a lot of people don't agree with here, is that Patriots are an elite team. Even though I had predicted a victory for the Jets last weekend, I still thought of Patriots as being the better team. If we meet again in playoffs, I will predict a Jets victory again, but that wouldn't change the fact I believe Patriots are the better team.

If Jets reach the playoffs, I want them to play against Steelers, Patriots and Ravens before SB (assuming they keep winning them). I don't wanna play average/struggling teams such as Raiders/SD, or Bengals. I wanna beat the best, or lose to the best. Of course, you don't get to pick, but the preference is still there.

Denver is not going to beat the Jets with two completions. I hope they only complete two, and shut them down.

Back
Top Bottom