Refs were croooked, game was fixed, NFL has to do something | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Refs were croooked, game was fixed, NFL has to do something

Ya we suck lol We dont have our starting QB. It's still ridiculous to watch hold after hold. Reshad got called for a PF when he got his helmet ripped off. Yes, we had our chances but at least give us a fighter's chance. I know they want Oakland to do good but they're still 4-5 and not making the playoffs. Their D sucks. Can't win without your starting QB and playing both the refs and Raiders. Sam Young might be the worst lineman in the league. Every time we had a 20 yd gain..Hold!!! We don't get the same respect with Cutler as Tannehill. Maybe I'm wrong but it just feels different. How a team without their starting QB is one game from the playoffs amazes me.

What is one reasonable explanation for the Raider not getting ejected for punching Fasano twice?

None!! I guess they missed Mario Edwards literally punching Fasano!! They sure didn't miss Reshad Jones making a clean tackle while getting his helmet ripped off yet still throw the flag on Jones to lose the game. Raiders are a decent team like us. Carr really doesn't scare me like the "great" QBs do. Honestly, with all the hype after last year, I truly thought the guy would be a marksman. He isn't better than Tannehill IMO. If he is, it isn't by much. He just isn't this stud people portray especially while having a top 3 O-line. Mack also is overrated as hell.

I couldn't even finish it. Goodell has killed football. Someone needs to murder that guy.

You're lucky if there's one entertaining game a week. People need to cancel the ticket and not go to games. Hit them where it hurts. For a season or 2. Something might eventually change when they realize they can't keep shitting out an inferior product and make money.

There used to be a good argument between which is better - college or pros. That argument no longer exists. I hate what the NFL has become.

As many have already said, NFL football is pretty much unwatchable. Way too many flags and play stoppages, especially for stupid crap, like the James lining up wrong penalty (Raiders Tackles were lined up at least as far back as James most of the night, and they never got called, but lets negate an exciting play because a guy was six inches off the line). Holding is completely arbitrary, and can be called on virtually every play, but only seems to be called when it's a huge, exciting play and the questionable hold happens 20 yards away from the ball. Every kick return draws a block in the back call. It's unwatchable garbage. People think NFL ratings are down because of protests. BS. Ratings are down because the officials make the game about them and have way too much influence in the outcome of games (not to mention that the same few teams always seem to benefit from this garbage leads people to believe the officials/league are corrupt).

Leave the flags for things that truly give an advantage to a team or dangerous plays. I don't think I will pay to go to an NFL game again. The product is way too boring with all of the penalties and stoppages, especially for ads. I went to the MetLife takeover and was bored out of my mind for much of the afternoon (aside from the tailgate, which was great). I used to watch NFL football all day Sunday and on Monday night (Thursday games never appealed to me). Now I only watch Dolphins games, and that's probably because I was indoctrinated to be a Dolfan as a kid. The entire NFL product is garbage.

It's because the Dolphins laid an egg against the Ravens the week prior and killed their ratings.

I've long maintained that the league has its favorites and preferred match ups come playoff time which will either keep major market demographics engaged, or ramp up more universal generic interest based on special stories and narratives on behalf of its sponsors.

As such, they have preferred outcomes and give zebras directives for whom to give the benefit of the doubt if possible without it appearing to be obvious egregious favoritism. Every now and then like last night, and that infamous Pittsburgh game, the refs get overzealous and lose their subtlety.

Anyway, that's the way I see it, but I am pretty cynical in general and always look for hidden motives, especially those that seem more transparent.

.. IMO Vince McMahon could as easily do Goodell's job!

I've long maintained that the league has its favorites and preferred match ups come playoff time which will either keep major market demographics engaged, or ramp up more universal generic interest based on special stories and narratives on behalf of its sponsors.

As such, they have preferred outcomes and give zebras directives for whom to give the benefit of the doubt if possible without it appearing to be obvious egregious favoritism. Every now and then like last night, and that infamous Pittsburgh game, the refs get overzealous and lose their subtlety.

Anyway, that's the way I see it, but I am pretty cynical in general and always look for hidden motives, especially those that seem more transparent.

.. IMO Vince McMahon could as easily do Goodell's job!

I am friends with someone who was In marketing at Fox Sports and he said the league definitely has favorites based on who they feel will give the best ratings.

Meaning, if the Dolphins were having a better season, we wouldn’t have had some of those calls against us last night. I really feel since we were a **** show vs the Ravens, it has a negative impact on the game vs the Raiders.

Yawn. If you've watch the N F L for the last 15+ years -------- its OLD NEWS the league is a sham -- dominated by cheaters etc.

And of course -- those supposed jack *** amateur pilots (911) could fly airliners well beyond spec even tho trained professional pilots could NOT in flight simulators.

Yea. Stick to the corporate "official" story. Pro sports is all about the fans -- not the $$$$$$$$$$$$
It is true, you can't believe the media are all these false flags. Our world has been a heap of crap for the last 20 years.

If you're referring to the Oakland game, I agree it was poorly officiated.

The personal foul call on Jones was a head-scratcher and put Oakland in a great spot to get a touchdown. A FG there and it could be a different game. Seems like some other ticky tack penalties as well and one play where a pass interference should have been called on a pass to Parker.

But that's not the reason the team is bad.

Hi,

I generally don't like to complain about the officials much, being a Dolphins fan who lives in New England. I read about some bad calls in last nights game. Can anybody give me the specifics? I want to see if I can rewatch the tape and look at them for myself?

Back
Top Bottom