Refs were croooked, game was fixed, NFL has to do something | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Refs were croooked, game was fixed, NFL has to do something

If you're referring to the Oakland game, I agree it was poorly officiated.

The personal foul call on Jones was a head-scratcher and put Oakland in a great spot to get a touchdown. A FG there and it could be a different game. Seems like some other ticky tack penalties as well and one play where a pass interference should have been called on a pass to Parker.

But that's not the reason the team is bad.

I don't believe Jones should have been flagged either, but Howard was the reason for that touchdown. Even with the 15 yards from the penalty, they were not at the goal line. The very next play Howard got the PI in the endzone, so the penalty wasnt what killed us there.

The one on Jones where he got his helmet pulled off yet apparently that's ok was beyond bad. 21 penalties in the game for over 200yds. You get less flags outside the United Nations building. It was poor.

There were really was only one bad call. The title of your thread should really be the Miami Dolphins need to do something about Adam Gase's play-calling duties.
or the line coach needs to have linemen that do not need to hold constantly

Behave yourself. That game came down to freekin 3rd down open invitations by Phins Defense. Penalties were poor (Jones one was bad!) But 21 penalties in both sides says it all. When you have to blame the refs when there were numerous flags on both sides? Meh!! Both sides made a game of it but let's get sensible..poor on discipline will not get you near the playoffs. Fact. Next season beckons! CAN'T WAIT!

Everytime the Dolphin offense made a play that gave them any life at all a flag was thrown. Most of the flags did not HAVE TO BE THROWN. Look, it's my opinion that we got jobbed last night. The game finished perfect for a large group of betters who got the Dolphins plus 3.5/ that's a big pay day, I get it but does money have to ruin everything? Even Football,which is supposed to be our escape from the bull crap of the world. And yet, of course, much like Boxing, here comes the dishonesty that infects our whole society. It would have been great if Football stayed pure but that's being naive.

Having said that, this Dolphin team is not very good and clearly heading towards a losing record. It's OK we have tons of excuses like the hurricane, the travel, the injuries, the field, our star running back Jay Ajayi was hurting us according to Adam Gase and of course, the dreaded schedule. This Ajayi trade is going to blow up in the Coaches face. It was a BLUNDER OF MASSIVE PROPORTIONS TOTALLY BASED ON EGO.

Final comment: If we had Ajayi we would have won the game imo. The Drake fumble killed us! I was worried about him fumbling. Lamar Miller and Ajayi were guys that rarely or never put the ball on the ground. Now we have to something new to worry about. Thanks Adam.
When you see teams like New England, Green Bay, and Pittsburgh constantly get big plays because of the same “penalties” they’re calling Miami for but not on those aforementioned teams is what pisses me and most other dolphins fans off. There’s a bias towards certain teams. There’s no denying it.
New England and Green Bay live off of pick plays. They hardly get called for them, even obvious ones. Pittsburgh O-line holds constantly. Never called. Pittsburgh gets away with so many late hits it’s not even funny. But Miami gets called for hitting a “defenseless” WR in bounds. Seattle gets away with so much PI and defensive holding. Miami gets called for the most ticky tack defensive holding calls.

Behave yourself. That game came down to freekin 3rd down open invitations by Phins Defense. Penalties were poor (Jones one was bad!) But 21 penalties in both sides says it all. When you have to blame the refs when there were numerous flags on both sides? Meh!! Both sides made a game of it but let's get sensible..poor on discipline will not get you near the playoffs. Fact. Next season beckons! CAN'T WAIT!

That doesn't make it remotely acceptable how biased the refs were last game. I've never once thought this was a good team this year, even when the team entered the twilight zone and somehow went 4-2, but that doesn't mean I'm okay with watching the refs completely ruin a game. I watched every game the season the dolphins went 1-15 but these zebras are getting very close to making me quit watching football altogether. I'm not even going to bother staying up next sunday to watch the game. It's not worth my time and frustration.

To be fair, some calls made on Oakland were equally egregious...

That penalty was a complete joke, the cynic in me says they called it on purpose because A) it's an obviously terrible call they can point to and say they're not biased and B) it had almost no affect on the game, because it was after a first down run. They then proceeded to call a penalty on the dolphins every single time they had a decent play.

The pattern is getting way too clear for me to believe the refs are just terrible at their jobs and not intentionally sabotaging games. Look at the games where we actually get an obvious bias our way instead of for the opponent. It's almost always against the Browns or some small-market team. Then look at the games where the refs make blatantly one-sided calls against us, and you'll see star-QBs and star-teams galore.

Last edited:
I don't believe Jones should have been flagged either, but Howard was the reason for that touchdown. Even with the 15 yards from the penalty, they were not at the goal line. The very next play Howard got the PI in the endzone, so the penalty wasnt what killed us there.

The Jones penalty is what gave them the opportunity to even take the shot at the endzone. If that play was called properly (facemask on OAK), the Raiders are 30 yards back from where they took the endzone shot that drew the flag on Howard.

Has to do something, but won't.

Save it with your "we played like crap", "good teams win anyways", "it wasn't the ref's fault if we had played perfectly we would have won" typical cliches. NO. Good teams get these good calls to make up for the times they play badly. Miami gets bad calls to ensure they can't recover from their (many) mistakes.

There's no excuse for this. None. I'm about done with the NFL if they don't fix their league. They consistently call bs penalties on miami, fail to call the same penalties on oakland, and their one 'make-up' call was a complete joke of a personal foul on that oakland lineman early on.

I'm disgusted. When are players and coaches going to start calling out zebras on their blatant foul play. They're too afraid to look bitter. Well they should be bitter. I feel like I'm watching the WWE. Refs are given orders to help storylines and they blatantly influence the game by calling on a slant and nobody ever calls them out.

I wish nothing but terrible things on this league.
The league instructs the officials to sway the games one way or the other, once you see it you can't unsee it. Unfortunately it's the harsh reality and it took me a long time to accept.

You are allowed to lower your head and shoulders and deliver a hit when a runner is in-bounds. He was not covered as a defenseless receiver after catching the football and turning up-field.

That play happens at least two dozen times on any given Sunday and is not flagged.

Lousy officiating, blowout games, absurd numbers of commercials, and terrible quarterback play because all of the good quarterbacks are hurt? Well, yes, there's a reason I prefer to watch on Saturdays now.

I agree. I don't watch college football so other than that part. I used to absolutely live and die for Thursday's, Sunday's and Monday's. When I was younger I used to watch straight through from the 1 PM, 4PM and 8 PM games on Sunday. Even recently I hated having any plans on Sunday's. Now I have it on while I work and do red zone when there are no games I'm interested in (which is often especially at 4pm). I barely watch Thursday or Monday unless it's us and am barely interested in Fantasy football any more and if I didn't run a league that's been going since 1993 I'd probably just not play anymore.

There's are so many commercials I tried flipping to the Detroit vs GB game last Monday like 4 times before catching any game action and that action was like one snap, a punt and another commercial. It's really not that much fun anymore.

What's worse is in WWE like fashion we know whos's going to win. Not game to game, or everybody would be rich, but the Super Bowl. There's really only a handful of teams that have a shot and I already have nightmares of watching Brady hoist it for the 6th time. It's just no fun.

Next year we are going to have the same offensive "guru" as our HC, but no Ajayi and maybe no Landry. The reason our offense was competitive last year were those two players, not Tanny and not the others. I

Maybe we draft a RB? It's too early to talk about next year when we are only halfway. We still have 8 games left.

Back
Top Bottom