Replacing Jay Ajayi | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Replacing Jay Ajayi

Drake is a tough SOB and I have liked him since the draft. But he should be our 2nd RB

Fair ****s to him though, aside from the fumbles (which is a serious issue) he has run damn hard behind a shitty OL. He made some great moves on the TD run yesterday

Drakes MO talented but oft injured so lets see if he can stay on the field the remainer of this season before we start wearing those rose colored glasses

Kamara is special. He’s more elusive than Mccafrey even.

He outflanks guys on repeat

Alvin Kamara is proof that the NFL Draft should be performed in full pads.

I like Drake as much as the next guy, but remember nearly 50 % of his 320 rushing yards this season came on 3 carries. The remaining 62 carries are at a not so impressive sub 3.0 yards per carry. Similar to what Lamar Miller was doing in Miami. Sometimes the highlight/homerun plays can skew what's really going on. It's great having that big play threat, but his 5.0 yards per carry is misleading.

I like Drake as much as the next guy, but remember nearly 50 % of his 320 rushing yards this season came on 3 carries. The remaining 62 carries are at a not so impressive sub 3.0 yards per carry. Similar to what Lamar Miller was doing in Miami. Sometimes the highlight/homerun plays can skew what's really going on. It's great having that big play threat, but his 5.0 yards per carry is misleading.

It's the same for Jay too..

Yeah that was the argument against Jay. He had those 3 big games, but other than that his games were pedestrian.

I appreciate the argument that a player's yardage is coming in big chunks, because there's value in consistency from a running back. When a running play is called, sometimes a four yard gain is actually a great play. A four yard gain on second and 10 gives you third and 6. Third and 6 is a hell of a lot better than 3rd and 10.

We lost a physical presence in Ajayi, but we gained a better piece in the passing game with Drake. Net result: Our season still ended on August 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom