Replacing Jay Ajayi | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Replacing Jay Ajayi

Last edited:
The guy I was kind of hoping we'd give a try back when he was released by the Seahawks was Alex Collins. Ironically, he was a key component of our getting blasted by the Ravens, which led to Ajay being traded, since our formerly excellent run defense had, for what it's worth, helped protect our terrible pass defense all year long.

Hard to judge Jay with this line we have.
I think Drake should take over as the featured back.He was a third round pick just 2 seasons ago.also has little wear and tear on him.

Hard to judge Jay with this line we have.
I think Drake should take over as the featured back.He was a third round pick just 2 seasons ago.also has little wear and tear on him.

I agree. I think Drake takes over for Ajayi, Williams keeps his role and Perry takes over for Drake.

I agree. I think Drake takes over for Ajayi, Williams keeps his role and Perry takes over for Drake.

The depth chart shows Williams, Drake, Perry.

I'm sure its all subject to change, but I agree, I think Drake is more of bellcow (did I just say that? lol) than Williams....

Maybe Perry will get some work too.

I'm hoping these guys come out and shock the world on sunday:)

I
The depth chart shows Williams, Drake, Perry.

I'm sure its all subject to change, but I agree, I think Drake is more of bellcow (did I just say that? lol) than Williams....

Maybe Perry will get some work too.

I'm hoping these guys come out and shock the world on sunday:)

I just don't see Williams getting a bigger role. He's not good. He does well as a pass catcher but I don't think he can take over as the primary back. It will clearly be more of a committee and there will be more RB substitutions for sure. I have Elliott on my fantasy tram, so I need a new RB. Not much out there. Trying to decide which I want more. Thoughts? I think even if Williams starts off with an increased role, he'll blow it. Drake has an opportunity that he needs to take advantage of.

I

I just don't see Williams getting a bigger role. He's not good. He does well as a pass catcher but I don't think he can take over as the primary back. It will clearly be more of a committee and there will be more RB substitutions for sure. I have Elliott on my fantasy tram, so I need a new RB. Not much out there. Trying to decide which I want more. Thoughts? I think even if Williams starts off with an increased role, he'll blow it. Drake has an opportunity that he needs to take advantage of.

I would stay away from the Fins sadly.

That said, I think FF wise, Williams probably has a better chance to find the endzone on a wheel route out of the backfield.

I'm really curious to see what we do on sunday.

stepping back off the ledge we all know rb's are a dime a dozen, ajayi was a 5th rounder himself (albeit due to injury concerns). look at the kid who wrecked us thursday from baltimore, or the kid from kc. hopefully we can use that 4th round pick on a halfway decent Olinemen.

I would stay away from the Fins sadly.

That said, I think FF wise, Williams probably has a better chance to find the endzone on a wheel route out of the backfield.

I'm really curious to see what we do on sunday.

throw it 60 times and if moor and cutler die back there, here comes the wildcat with gray running the show

Daniel Thomas is available for his forth dolphins stint lol

Funny you mention that.

Daniel Thomas was actually more productive than Ajayi when it come to TD's

Thomas - 13 TD's on 464 touches
Ajayi - 9 TD's on 513 touches

I don't remember all of this moaning and groaning when Thomas and his 13 TD's left.

Not only does this obviously hurt our RB depth but worth a mention is how we will not be able to utilize Drake on special teams anymore...

And I'm not even talking about as a returner....

He is our best gunner by far imo...

I have had days to sleep on this decision and I am still sick to my stomach...

If we flushed a 5th down the toilet for Stephone Anthony then how exactly are we supposed to be happy about garnering a 4th for our most productive / best offensive player (Again My Opinion).

Yes he struggled as a receiver, yes he did not pick up the blitz very well, yes it made us somewhat predictable...

But we rod him last season to our first playoff appearance in 8 seasons....

And now he is gone...

Back
Top Bottom