Report: RED SOX win top bid for Japanesse pitcher | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: RED SOX win top bid for Japanesse pitcher

"As I mentioned last week, I'm not a proponent of keeping Gary Sheffield in Pinstripes for the 2007 campaign. There are a lot better things to spend $13 million on, like starting pitching. But as has been the Yankee way for quite some time now, money isn't an issue. I can understand why Brian Cashman made this move. The Yankees can now control what happens to Gary Sheffield. It was thought that the Boston Red Sox were one of the teams most interested in signing Sheffield if he were a free agent. That can't happen now. "

UCFinfan86 said:
NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A 3 YEAR DEAL BESIDES YOU!! BUSTER OLNEY SAID 1 YEAR

and your right, i forgot Theo's name doesn't mean boston, they must be talking about a different theo

I guess you missed the 2 week Sheff rants in every newspaper of him saying when NY trades him if whatever team gets him doens't give him a 2 year extension that there will "be problems" and it will "get ugly". He already had 1 year on his deal, he wanted a 2 year extension.......making it a 3 year deal!!

:shakeno: :shakeno: Buddy, I'm not making this stuff up.......your off base on this issue!!!

UCFinfan86 said:
"As I mentioned last week, I'm not a proponent of keeping Gary Sheffield in Pinstripes for the 2007 campaign. There are a lot better things to spend $13 million on, like starting pitching. But as has been the Yankee way for quite some time now, money isn't an issue. I can understand why Brian Cashman made this move. The Yankees can now control what happens to Gary Sheffield. It was thought that the Boston Red Sox were one of the teams most interested in signing Sheffield if he were a free agent. That can't happen now. "

OBVIOUSLY it wasn't about control it was about getting something for him in return.

They traded him to an AL team who knocked the Yanks out of the playoffs. They just made THAT team better!!! So it wasn't about blocking or control clearly. :shakeno: :shakeno:

MikeO said:
OBVIOUSLY it wasn't about control it was about getting something for him in return.

They traded him to an AL team who knocked the Yanks out of the playoffs. They just made THAT team better!!! So it wasn't about blocking or control clearly. :shakeno: :shakeno:

weren't you the same person yesterday that stated that they weren't scared of the tigers?

UCFinfan86 said:
weren't you the same person yesterday that stated that they weren't scared of the tigers?

EXACTLY MY POINT!!!!!!:sidelol:

The Yanks don't do things to BLOCK players from going to other teams that compete with them!!!

Thank you! Debate over!!!:lol:

MikeO said:
EXACTLY MY POINT!!!!!!:sidelol:

The Yanks don't do things to BLOCK players from going to other teams that compete with them!!!

Thank you! Debate over!!!:lol:

ya considering the tigers and the redsox are the same team :confused:, this debate was never over the tigers, it was making sure they traded sheffield to a team that wasn't the redsox. Whatever i don't care, MikeO can't ever be wrong about anything, even though you wanted one time when they blocked a player, which i showed you with sheffield where they MIGHT have(never said they did) from going to the Redsox, then you say the redsox weren't interested, i show you 2 sources saying they might have been, and you spin it off somehow trying to talk about the tigers. Whatever theres no point, MikeO can never be wrong

MikeO said:
These current horrible owners in Boston who couldn't run a team in Florida were handed a team in Boston.

And that right there proves you have no credibility when it comes to the Red Sox. Other than the fact that you continue to deny that a rotation of Schilling, Beckett, Matsuzaka and Papelbon doesn't scare you (which is clearly just a hater attitude), this is one of the most asinine things you've written on this board.

Tell me, had you ever been to Fenway prior to the new ownership taking over? Have you been there since they've taken over and added to the park including new facilities, concourses and seats along with improvements in the immediate neighborhood around the park? I'd hazard a guess of no because if you had, you would have realized what an incredible job they've done with the smallest park in baseball.

Oh, and that small detail of winning the first World Championship in 86 years, including playoff appearences in 3 straight years from 2003-2005. Not to mention during that time, they basically rebuilt an entire farm system and made it a strength of the organization.

Yeah, they've really been horrible.

FaninPatsyLand said:
And that right there proves you have no credibility when it comes to the Red Sox. Other than the fact that you continue to deny that a rotation of Schilling, Beckett, Matsuzaka and Papelbon doesn't scare you (which is clearly just a hater attitude), this is one of the most asinine things you've written on this board.

Tell me, had you ever been to Fenway prior to the new ownership taking over? Have you been there since they've taken over and added to the park including new facilities, concourses and seats along with improvements in the immediate neighborhood around the park? I'd hazard a guess of no because if you had, you would have realized what an incredible job they've done with the smallest park in baseball.

Oh, and that small detail of winning the first World Championship in 86 years, including playoff appearences in 3 straight years from 2003-2005. Not to mention during that time, they basically rebuilt an entire farm system and made it a strength of the organization.

Yeah, they've really been horrible.

Amen.

the current ownership ran the Marlins into the ground. They DIDN'T deserve to get the Red Sox handed to them when the re-shuffle took place (Loria to Fl, Henry to Bos, and the Expos to MLB). Their bid for the Sox wasn't even the best on the table

But MLB gave it to them cause Henry whined and whined!!! Read up on your history then get back to me!! They are shaddy business people.

P.S.....Papelbon has never started on the major league level for a full season. Beckett is never healthy. And the Matsuzka has proved NOTHING in MLB yet. Sorry, that rotation doesn't scare me. It's good, but it doesn't scare me. maybe it will in June, but now it doesn't!!

UCFinfan86 said:
ya considering the tigers and the redsox are the same team :confused:, this debate was never over the tigers, it was making sure they traded sheffield to a team that wasn't the redsox. Whatever i don't care, MikeO can't ever be wrong about anything, even though you wanted one time when they blocked a player, which i showed you with sheffield where they MIGHT have(never said they did) from going to the Redsox, then you say the redsox weren't interested, i show you 2 sources saying they might have been, and you spin it off somehow trying to talk about the tigers. Whatever theres no point, MikeO can never be wrong

Just BACK up a point. That is all I asked and you have failed to.

And you said......."the way they opereate" or something to that effect. And your ONLY example is from like 10 days ago. Eveil Empire was said some 3 or 4 years ago. Your timeline is off. You MUST have more than 1 example to back up your stance.

JUST BACK IT UP!!!!!

Even as a Marlin fan I can say Beckett was never that good besides that one playoff stretch, I wouldnt be scared of him if my team was playing him.

Papelbon has never been a starter in the MLB he could turn out to be Eric Gagne (Great Closer but gets rocked around as a starter) even though Gagne was a starter first its the same principal

Japanese dude has never started a game in the MLB, thats not to say he wont be great but he could also be terrible

Schilling is the only one that scares me really.

MikeO said:
the current ownership ran the Marlins into the ground. They DIDN'T deserve to get the Red Sox handed to them when the re-shuffle took place (Loria to Fl, Henry to Bos, and the Expos to MLB). Their bid for the Sox wasn't even the best on the table

But MLB gave it to them cause Henry whined and whined!!! Read up on your history then get back to me!! They are shaddy business people.

P.S.....Papelbon has never started on the major league level for a full season. Beckett is never healthy. And the Matsuzka has proved NOTHING in MLB yet. Sorry, that rotation doesn't scare me. It's good, but it doesn't scare me. maybe it will in June, but now it doesn't!!

I don't care what Henry and Co. did in Florida, they've been anything but "horrible" in Boston. In fact, I'd say they've done a spectacular job with the Red Sox organization since coming to Boston.

FaninPatsyLand said:
I don't care what Henry and Co. did in Florida, they've been anything but "horrible" in Boston. In fact, I'd say they've done a spectacular job with the Red Sox organization since coming to Boston.

That's fine. If your happy with them, god bless ya and all of Boston. But it doens't change history.

We were talking about the line..."EVIL EMPIRE" and where it came from. I was just pointing out that these current owners used the EVIL EMPIRE line to distract the fans who at the time were upset that Henry got the team. Because he didn't deserve it. He didn't have the best offer on the table and he had just run the Marlins in the ground. Fans in Boston were upset he got them back in the day.

So, this ownership group goes public with "EVIL EMPIRE".....the fans then rally behind them. It was used as a distraction to get people's minds off the fact they didn't deserve to get the Sox and that other ownership group SHOULD have gotten them. That's all I'm saying.........

MikeO said:
That's fine. If your happy with them, god bless ya and all of Boston. But it doens't change history.

We were talking about the line..."EVIL EMPIRE" and where it came from. I was just pointing out that these current owners used the EVIL EMPIRE line to distract the fans who at the time were upset that Henry got the team. Because he didn't deserve it. He didn't have the best offer on the table and he had just run the Marlins in the ground. Fans in Boston were upset he got them back in the day.

So, this ownership group goes public with "EVIL EMPIRE".....the fans then rally behind them. It was used as a distraction to get people's minds off the fact they didn't deserve to get the Sox and that other ownership group SHOULD have gotten them. That's all I'm saying.........

The 1st time Evil Empire was ever used was after the whole Jose Contreras incident.. The quote was "The Evil Empire extends its tentacles even into Latin America". Larry Lucchino said it not John Henry.. So how exactly did Henry fool us with this quote.. ?

Back
Top Bottom